• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

do you find it good that you work together with SK Beveren?

Do you like to work together with sk beveren?

• yes, i do

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • don't know

• No i don't

• Total voters

Beverenboy

I would like to know if you like it, that you work together wit sk Beveren. We can loan young talents (Graham stack and John Halls) or backups from your first squad (Igors Stepanovs) so they can play matches with us.

XxGoonaStuxX

I think its good we have a connection between the clubs. Gives some of our youngsters experience and a run out in a different league where they can get some games under their belts. :)

Adam

Established Member
It's excellent. Hopefully we can bear the fruit of the partnership (Yaya) . I am sure Beveren fans want him to come to Arsenal because of how we help them out by loaning players to them. He could be our reward for doing this. Alot of partnerships are fake and one way (United's with Lisbon for example) however we have established one where we can send good youngsters to a good level of competition to get experience at the same time as helping Beveren. United just wanted C. Ronaldo and they formed the partnership to poach him - it isn't like this with Yaya and Arsenal.

Adam

Established Member
BTW - word on the street is that Quincy Owusie Abeyie is going to have a loan spell at Beveren. He has been prolific at youth level and is very pacey - he should do well at Beveren.

beaney

brilliant idea in my opinion.

the youngsters get some first team action and some experience at a high level and we get 1st refusals on any young talent you might have to come the other way, GREAT!

hopefully we will see the results of soon, with Toure no.2.
And obviously Stack now has some games under his belt and Igor is getting a few games so its all good!

Adam

Established Member
I'd certainly say that the top 4 in the Jupiler league are stronger than their counterparts in Div one. These teams often prove their quality in the Champions league too:

Club Brugges, Anderlecht, Standard liege and Genk.

Beveren are considered a bit of a wild card team - they are constantly pulling off shock results and when they are on their game; they can beat anybody in the Jupiler league.

A.Hussain

its good that our youngstars are not put in those top 4 teams... they have to play, and thats how u make the best players in the world by playing top sides

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
I think it's a very possitive thing. As I understand it the Beveren fans have been very happy with the players we've loaned them, and all of them have spoken very well of Beveren afterwards.

So it's good for us in that the players we've loaned have found it a possitive experience. But it's also good because of your owners African connections and Belgium employment law. It means someone like Yaya can get his 'european-ness' in Belgium, where he wouldn't be allowed in England.

I think the most important thing about it is that Wenger and your owner (sorry - always forget his name) have been very good friends for many many years and use the connection to help both clubs.

Btw - if any of our Belgium friends has a copy of the programme when we played them in the 70's....

Beverenboy

Adam said:
BTW - word on the street is that Quincy Owusie Abeyie is going to have a loan spell at Beveren. He has been prolific at youth level and is very pacey - he should do well at Beveren.
It's true that Beveren wanted quincy, but quincy himself did'nt want to come to Beveren. He said he wanted to reach the senior squad, without going on a loan. :( damnded :D

beaney

Beverenboy said:
It's true that Beveren wanted quincy, but quincy himself did'nt want to come to Beveren. He said he wanted to reach the senior squad, without going on a loan. :( damnded :D

shame really as he looked sharp and up for it during the 10 mins he played in the carling cup. a loan spell would probably have served him well, he obviously thinks it would work against him, not being in wengers eye all the time i guess

Latest posts

Top Bottom