• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Does Wenger deserve a statue at the Emirates?

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
I'd say swedish atleast is more aesthetically pleasing than danish, but norweigan is probably the best of the bunch in Scandinavia. Including all the nordic countries icelandic is by far the best language though, both in voice and text.
Oi.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Imagine giving a guy a statue who lost 8-2 to our rivals and bent over every time a big player wanted to leave.

#NotMyClub

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
We swedes use to say that u danes sound like u are speaking with a hot potato shoved down ye throats. But then again, i suppose u danes think us swedes are a bunch of pussies
We probably do - hot potatoes are the **** anyways so that's fair.
Our language is pretty weird tbh..

Swedes sound drunk. Weird high-pitch sounds in the middle of your sentences too. I don't mind Swedes though. Generally nice people in my experience.

Norwegians can't sound angry. It's pretty hilarious. I think no matter what they say they sound happy. Must be all the oil money we Danes basically gifted them. Nice, but slightly arrogant people in my experience.

Finnish people are super strange. Nice people, but often misunderstood because they're so ****ing strange.

Icelandic people are pretty fine in general - they think they're a bit too cool for the world sometimes. Language is cool Viking heritage though and I've met quite a few people from Iceland in Denmark (for obvious reasons seeing as they were part of the Kingdom of Denmark until end of World War II roughly) all of who I got on well with. @hydrofluoric acid are you still taught Danish in school?

Last edited:

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
On the subject though, of course Wenger should get a statue.

It would make me happy to see 'Emirates' replaced with either 'Arséne' or 'Wenger' no doubt about that!

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Imagine giving a guy a statue who lost 8-2 to our rivals and bent over every time a big player wanted to leave.

#NotMyClub
Not sure if you're joking

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
On the subject though, of course Wenger should get a statue.

It would make me happy to see 'Emirates' replaced with either 'Arséne' or 'Wenger' no doubt about that!
The club won't do it though.

Not sure the club will rename the stadium after him though. I read somewhere that that we make £30m a year from the Stadium naming rights

Icelandic people are pretty fine in general - they think they're a bit too cool for the world sometimes. Language is cool Viking heritage though and I've met quite a few people from Iceland in Denmark (for obvious reasons seeing as they were part of the Kingdom of Denmark until end of World War II roughly) all of who I got on well with. @hydrofluoric acid are you still taught Danish in school?

Yeah, it starts in the 7th year in elementary school and taught up until the final year. Then you have to take 2 courses of it in high school.

This I did but I know zero danish.

NZgunner

VTn6s2zzpMFBHQOvpYi-yTnbhRD0rKQE0aeLGocDEdc.jpg
This made me laugh out loud!!!

But we all know it should be the zipper

Football should just return. Folks have begun losing it and are making weird threads.:rolleyes:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Gary Neville says the 97/98 Arsenal team is better than the invincibles.

Raised an eyebrow, but when you think about it, that team won the double but then a year later pushed what is regarded as probably the greatest Utd team ever, losing the league by just 1 point to them.

The 97/98 had a better GK, defenders etc than the invincible team, similar midfield and strike force. Invincible team had better wide players.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Raised an eyebrow, but when you think about it, that team won the double but then a year later pushed what is regarded as probably the greatest Utd team ever, losing the league by just 1 point to them.

The 97/98 had a better GK, defenders etc than the invincible team, similar midfield and strike force. Invincible team had better wide players.

I don't think that was the greatest team but I agree with Neville.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Gary Neville says the 97/98 Arsenal team is better than the invincibles.

01/02 surely if we're saying any side is better than our invincibles. Scored in every game, unbeaten away, played brilliant football all season. It's probably the season when Henry, Pires, Bergkamp and Freddie were all still at their best. Beat United home and away, had that great win at Anfield. Finished the season with 13 wins in a row, then factor in the FA Cup victory. Only thing against them tho is that we lost quite a few games in the CL.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
97-98 and 01-02 weren’t as dependent on one player like 03-04, The Invincibles were all about peak Henry from an attacking sense.

What I will say though is the core of our 2004 team was amazing, Campbell/Toure/Gilberto/Vieira...wish we got to see this for longer, as the year after Gilberto got injured, then the year after that Vieira left and Campbell declined.

Also, I think the 2008 United team is a little better than the 1999 one.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom