• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

"doing it" for aaron...did we for eddie?

Rorz

Established Member
I was thinking about this recently, and I certainly don't remember any "Do it for Eddie" banners being created etc. The situation was completely different though, as many have pointed out. We crumbled that day at Birmingham - there was no huge fighting spirit as demonstrated recently at Stoke.

xcdude24

Established Member
Like others are saying, it's 90% context. The reason there wasn't any 'do it for eddie' rhetoric is because didn't think we were capable of doing it.

Shue

Established Member
They're doing this because of Eduardo, because they've matured and learned from the situation two years ago.

Biggus

Established Member
qs said:
scruzgooner said:
sorry, lagos. i just don't remember the whole "win the season for eddie" campaign the way it's happening towards aaron. just wondering (a) if i misremembered, (b) if it means anything, and/or (c) if it means nothing.

There was but it was short lived due to us falling apart.

I also think because its happened again us fans are feeling a bit more like we are a club persecuted both on the field and in the press and its brought us together a bit more. The general positive mood due to being 3 points off top helps too.

I think Eddie will feel the "do it for Aaron" stronger than anyone really.
Indeed, we all wanted a "do it for Eduardo" syndrome but things feel apart everywhere.
This time is different because instead of sitting on his hole feeling sorry for himself our captain stood up to be counted.

Biggus

Established Member
Well as I said before- Crippling one of our young lads to try and stop us is well- sickening.
It puts our petty squabbles in perspective, the way I feel now is they can all go f**k themselves, the primitive minded managers and talking heads the lot of them.
I want to ram it down their throats and see their faces more than anything else if we win it!

Double_H

Established Member
we were in shock with Eddie
this time we see it as US vs Everyone after the stupid way the Media handled it

Anzac

Established Member
Captain said:
adding to this; there was also the Gallas sideshow, Hleb going to get ice cream, 'will he, won't he' on Flamini's contract.

We really f*d up that season.

Funnily enough I also think that if we'd won that game then it is quite probable that none of the above would have happened or turned out as it did with players leaving, even if we'd still finished 3rd.

TomasCR

Established Member
Pretty amazing how can one game affect the rest of the season, isn't it? This time it should be different, it'll be different.

sagreig

There were plenty of "we'll do it for Eduardo" cries. We are the masters of talking the talk and not walking the walk. Talk is cheap. I don't give a flying **** if Almunia or Cesc says "we're going to do this for Eduardo" or something similar. After the Eduardo injury, the whole squad was at it.

This time, the players are keeping quiet. Cesc hasn't said a word after his interview to Sky. That's the way it should be. This time, we have to do our talking on the pitch.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Rorz said:
I was thinking about this recently, and I certainly don't remember any "Do it for Eddie" banners being created etc. The situation was completely different though, as many have pointed out. We crumbled that day at Birmingham - there was no huge fighting spirit as demonstrated recently at Stoke.

the exact same thing would have probably happened if it hadn't been for bendtner's **** pass that resulted in a penalty. which is why i am skeptical of this supposed mental toughness of this team. we'll see though...

Del Boy

Established Member
Rorz said:

an-eduardo-banner-above-the-players-tunnel_705302.jpg

eduardo+banner.jpg

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
Just like how there is now with messages being sent to Aaron through the Arsenal website, when eduardo was out fans were doing the same with the message-sending, and I saw some saying "Win the league for Eddie" etc.

The Brum match was a complete disaster, from the tackle, to the penalty, to our captain abandonment, to chances going begging to make it 3-1 **cough**Adebayor**cough**. To convince ourselves everything was going to be alright when we lost the plot at the end, belief deep inside would have been low, very low.

Fast forward to 2010, we are faced with another disastrous situation. This time, there is no captain abandonement, we really did make it 3-1, and to hand these lads the mission of winning a title is alot more realistic, as it should.

Top Bottom