• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Domagoj Vida

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Vida for less than 20m is alright I suppose. It's basically like buying another Sokratis, right? Two relatively cheap, experienced no-nonsense defenders. Coached well with some good protection in midfield, it's invariably going to be better than what we did last season.

Remember, our attack is very good. We just need a decent, i.e. not sh*t, defence and that should put us up there in contention for top 4. If we achieved that, we could just sell Mustafi next year and buy someone actually good.

Don't know Dash , if it was down to coaching we might as well have kept Chambers then . Vida and Sokratis .... I really have my doubts .

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Don't know Dash , if it was down to coaching we might as well have kept Chambers then . Vida and Sokratis .... I really have my doubts .

I'd like to have someone a bit more clam and collected or at least a good reader of attacks (like a Per). We don't want 3 often rash center backs diving about and getting drawn out of position.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

He is dismissed because our fans have seen and know very little of him. Thats why some Arsenal fans prefer someone like Lewis Dunk.
I like Dunk. But I also like Sokratis' record. Former Greek player of the year he has played at Aek, Genoa, Ac Milan, Bremen and Dortmund. He had been in the Bundesliga team of the year and was ranked as international class by Kicker (only 3 defenders made that list and yes I've just read his Wiki)

There is just more there for this guy who has effectively been wrote off as not being good enough.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I'd like to have someone a bit more clam and collected or at least a good reader of attacks (like a Per). We don't want 3 often rash center backs diving about and getting drawn out of position.

I tend to agree , you can;t coach good decision making. Either this is going to be a master stroke or Emery will be out of a job end of season.

blaise

Actually Vida is ok at reading attacks, one of his better qualities.

About Chambers and Holding, they are just prospects. I mean Vida is big risk for 2nd CB, but Chambers and Holding are risk for Fulham for example as 2nd CB, let alone here. Think most people just wants them to succeed so they mix a bit reality and potential.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
If and when we sign Vida **** it I'm on board, is it the signing we all hoped for or wanted, no.

However, the last how many seasons have we had to witness the likes of Mustafi and Kosc get knocked off the ball and bullied by strikers, not only did they get bullied by the Charlie Austins of this world but they were also guilty of making poor defensive decisions and giving away stupid penalties etc.

Do I see Vida and Sokratis making stupid decisions and rash tackles/pens, yes, BUT atleast we wont have to witness some donkey/prick of a striker who averages 6-8goals a season knock our CB's about like they are 10yr olds!

I also wonder if Emery knows this, has assessed a weak mentality and has sacrificed signing a 'Pavard' and instead opted for one nasty ****!

If Sokratis/Vida can shut up shop when required then I'm happy, Sokratis/Vida with Torreira infront is a nasty spine.. **** you Stoke/Troy Deeney etc!

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I think he'll be a great signing.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think more like fitness concern because he just comeback from holiday

Sanis

I can't believe these rumours, in my opinion Vida would be downgrade on Chambers - he played only in weak leagues, is 29 years, no athleticism, no height, very questionable how he will deal with pace in Premier league. Besides, Sokratis, Mustafi and Vida are all just 6 ft tall, this will be a problem during the standards (which is already a problem for some time now) they will be outplayed in the air.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I can't believe these rumours, in my opinion Vida would be downgrade on Chambers - he played only in weak leagues, is 29 years, no athleticism, no height, very questionable how he will deal with pace in Premier league. Besides, Sokratis, Mustafi and Vida are all just 6 ft tall, this will be a problem during the standards (which is already a problem for some time now) they will be outplayed in the air.

Vida, Sokratis and Mustafi are all dominant in the air despite being under 6'3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom