• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I think a lot of us should give him a chance if its the case & we end up getting him. Look at what happened when we signed White (BHA) & Ramsdale (SHU). A lot of us were also doubting those 2 because of their previous clubs. All of a sudden they are numerous favourite players.

It's interesting that Everton are so far down the table this year & I remember a lot of fans in the past few years saying we should try getting DCL from Everton. This was when Everton were closer to the top with us. A bottom team player shouldn't be presumed they aren't good enough.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think we need to sign one striker and keep Laca on a reasonable deal, if possible.
That would be terrible. And what’s the point of playing in CL if we will have 2 strikers all season? Nketiah is gone and Balugon will go on loan. We been very lucky with injuries this season and this tiny squad ain’t gonna continue to be this lucky. If the club has thinking then I hope we don’t get CL as we are just in it to make money

Bloodbather

Established Member

That would be terrible. And what’s the point of playing in CL if we will have 2 strikers all season? Nketiah is gone and Balugon will go on loan. We been very lucky with injuries this season and this tiny squad ain’t gonna continue to be this lucky. If the club has thinking then I hope we don’t get CL as we are just in it to make money
Balogun probably doesn't go on loan if Nketiah leaves. Martinelli is a fall back option at CF in case of an injury crisis also.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
No surprises he have off attitude problems off the pitch after the displays he putting this season. and that alone big risk with manager we currently have.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
They are the most in demand players in football of course.

My point is that City and Liverpool could have just signed Weghorst or Toney or DCL

Arteta doesn’t seem to recognise that trade off and like I said, that’s a red flag for me. It could be nothing but it hints at a reliance on the chequebook and/or tactical inflexibility.

All those players you’ve listed are twice the footballer DCL is which is my point really. At some point you have to adapt to what you have and show why you’re a football manager.
City or Liverpool are the best 2 teams in Europe.
Perhaps that may have something to do with why Workhorse & Tonky are not top of their shopping list.

Arteta has not brought a striker to the club yet, so to say he doesnt recognise some imaginary trade off is frankly quite bizarre tbh.

A decent target man imho will always be a useful option.

He has adapted formations & systems quite a lot tbf probably nearly as Arsène did in over 20 years 🤔

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Balogun probably doesn't go on loan if Nketiah leaves. Martinelli is a fall back option at CF in case of an injury crisis also.
The boy can’t score a goal in the championship but he is ready to contribute next season? Or we keep him to fill the bench like 4-5 others who we dread to play

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Was he caught speeding then?

If so, probably rushing to arrive early for training.

Happy Mikel Arteta GIF by DAZN

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Complete donkey, I'd steer well clear. He's incredible in the air to be fair to him, has a ridiculous leap on him but a spastic with the ball to his feet. Better first touch with his forehead than with either foot.
I don’t think people realise that this guy will make Giroud and Laca look like Ibra and Rivaldo. Oh God!!

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Another player who will be talked about on here more about his fashion sense than his game. Also @Rex Banter will have another skirt avatar. I can't bro. Will be funny to see @Mitch batter him though.

tcahill

-aerial threat
-young
-finisher
-presser
-good at linkup
-good attitude
-holds up play

We seem to want a striker with all these qualities (in no particular order). I don't think one exists.

Now with Everton potentially going down I'm more on board with DCL, seeing as he fits a decent chunk of these and could be less than the 70 mill we were all thinking earlier.

It's a shame the striker market is garbage right now, we'll likely be overpaying for whoever comes in.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
For me I know hes struggled with injury but he needs to start doing it for Everton before any links to sign him.

I dont think I've seen enough from him that I would back signing him, that 70mil price tag for what hes done? No.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
For me I know hes struggled with injury but he needs to start doing it for Everton before any links to sign him.

I dont think I've seen enough from him that I would back signing him, that 70mil price tag for what hes done? No.
He won't cost 70m after this season. If Everton stay up maybe 50m. If they go down who knows.

If we could sign him for maybe 35/40m it would be a good second striker. An alternative. I wouldnt want him as our main striker but we will need 2. Maybe him and Nunez or something with Laca/Balogun backup.

balthazar

Rather get Nunez (and Toney if Laca leaves) Add Tchouameni (or Gravenberch), bring Saliba home, and we are ready to fight for silverware.

Top Bottom