• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Blaziken

That Giroud is actually a level or two above DCL. I don’t really know where we’re going.
No one knows, we hired Arteta due to his connection to the club's philosophy and his time at city, yet he plays like prime Burnley and finishes back to back in 8th and the board at Arsenal does nothing. It seems like it always has to become untenable like at United for Kroenke to react.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I doubt we have the money to get DCL...if we get any English striker, it will be Toney.

Is very funny this rumour re-emerged, a minute after we lost a game :lol:

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He's a good player but the center forward at Arsenal has to be a special player, and he's not that. He's at his peak now, I can't see him getting much better, and he's coming off a long injury.

We need world class players up front if we want to compete with the big teams.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He's a good player but the center forward at Arsenal has to be a special player, and he's not that. He's at his peak now, I can't see him getting much better, and he's coming off a long injury.

We need world class players up front if we want to compete with the big teams.
he is basically bellerin copy, bring him to london and we will lose him to the fashion world.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Just not worth the fee it’d take, he’s not world class and it’s unlikely he’ll ever be that level. Everton will also sell Richarlison - probably to PSG to replace Mbappe, so you’re talking £100m to get them to sell DCL.

I’d rather play Josh Kroenke as a target man than see us pay that.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
A lot of money on a position I can't see providing many goals per season given the way we ask the attacker to play. I think you'd be doing well to get 15 goals out of that position whoever we sign. Better served spending less on a CF and going big on a centre midfielder.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Nah, I don't want a fashion victim with a sideline as a model in my team (been there, done that). I want an ugly player whose only chance of making a buck and a name is football.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Was about to say the same, I don't think he is any better than Giroud from 2013-18.

Seems likely he's at least a better goalscorer given he's already matched Giroud's best league haul. He seems to be much more pacey and athletic if we're comparing him to Giroud. Lack of pace being one of Giroud's key weaknesses.

There seems to be a snobbyness about target men because of our history. The days of us attracting this generation's Henry or RVP seem very unlikely in our current state. In our current state many of our chances come from crosses and set pieces. It makes sense to buy one of the best headerers (if that's a word) in the game given where we are right now.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Better in the air than Ronaldo, probably the biggest leap in the league. If we are going that route he would be the best option available.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom