• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Gabriel Jesus is unwanted at City and would probably be much cheaper. Should go for him imo.

akhil

I doubt we'd have any chance of signing such a player even if they existed anyways :lol:.
Struggling to think of a single player who ticks all those boxes past or present tbh.

Players past is easy Suarez, RVP, Ibra, Benzema, Young Rooney but yeah the caliber of player needed is dumb.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Players past is easy Suarez, RVP, Ibra, Benzema, Young Rooney but yeah the caliber of player needed is dumb.
I feel like all of them fall short of that description one way or another tbh. Maybe Ibra is the closest but calling him quick would be stretching it even though he's no slug.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I really like Dominic, in fact I've no idea how all of a sudden the likes of Watkins are seen as better than him, makes very little logical sense to me. This time last year everyone was raving about DCL and even talk about how he'd be out of our reach because of the level he was playing at. Now he's seen as incredibly underwhelming all of a sudden.

Only thing you can say is that there's still questions marks over whether he can become a prolific striker, I think he can personally, give him the supply on a consistent basis and he'll deliver I've no doubt about. Still young with and yet to fulfill his true potential I feel. I think tho at the moment you'd need to play him alongside Auba while those questions over whether he can become prolific or not persist, you'd also want goals from wide and midfield too so you'd hope guys like ESR, Saka and Ødegaard start to really up their productivity on a consistent basis as at this moment DCL doesn't fully address all our goal-scoring issues.

But I really like him, very well rounded, quick and good in the air, can run the channels, drops deep and can be a target too. He ticks all the right boxes for me.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Arsenal and Everton are on a similar level now really, both competing for the 6-8 position. Even Newcastle have surpassed us, in the near future if not today and right now. We simply won’t match any fee Everton would want - 80M atleast. He’s not worth that but that’s where English football is.
Newcastle haven't surpassed us. They might do one day, but let's not write the future yet. It won't be easy for them to break Top 4 and Liverpool have proven that a club of our stature can bounce back.

It does worry me how hard it is, even for Arsenal to make 6th now; with Leicester, Sp**s, Everton, West Ham our realistic rivals now.

Think we can spend £80m smarter than on DCL though in my opinion. Declan Rice for example if we're going for one player.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I really like Dominic, in fact I've no idea how all of a sudden the likes of Watkins are seen as better than him, makes very little logical sense to me. This time last year everyone was raving about DCL and even talk about how he'd be out of our reach because of the level he was playing at. Now he's seen as incredibly underwhelming all of a sudden.

Only thing you can say is that there's still questions marks over whether he can become a prolific striker, I think he can personally, give him the supply on a consistent basis and he'll deliver I've no doubt about. Still young with and yet to fulfill his true potential I feel. I think tho at the moment you'd need to play him alongside Auba while those questions over whether he can become prolific or not persist, you'd also want goals from wide and midfield too so you'd hope guys like ESR, Saka and Ødegaard start to really up their productivity on a consistent basis as at this moment DCL doesn't fully address all our goal-scoring issues.

But I really like him, very well rounded, quick and good in the air, can run the channels, drops deep and can be a target too. He ticks all the right boxes for me.
Also injury prone

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I'm still very wary of us paying the English premium when there are equal or better players available for less. They're obviously different sorts of players but is DCL any better than Daka? He'll surely go for 2-3 times the price at a minimum though. Unless our last window's spending is going to become the norm to where we can afford to make mistakes and then correct them fairly quickly, I don't like the idea of laying out tons of money for players who aren't either already established top quality or whose price is inflated by nationality.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah agree with this tbh. I’d say he’s the best case scenario for someone like Watkins and think he’d actually do well in a system beyond Arteta’s.

The only thing I will say is that he’s starting to rack up the muscle injuries which is always a concern.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I'm still very wary of us paying the English premium when there are equal or better players available for less. They're obviously different sorts of players but is DCL any better than Daka? He'll surely go for 2-3 times the price at a minimum though. Unless our last window's spending is going to become the norm to where we can afford to make mistakes and then correct them fairly quickly, I don't like the idea of laying out tons of money for players who aren't either already established top quality or whose price is inflated by nationality.
yeah i agree. Buying 80 million for DCL is just dumb. If you gonna spend 80 million Rather get 2 40 million players. He is one year older than schick is is better than him imo and would cost less than half of what DCL would cost. I dont think anyone hear would say white is better defender than gabriel and he cost twice as much. We cant afford the English premium unless we spend 150 million every summer

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
One side of my family are Toffee fans (the other half Sp**s fans). I've always had a soft spot for Everton. The 19/20 season was probably the first season I hadn't watched Everton quite often in a number of seasons (DCL real break out season). Which is why I surprised to learn my family didn't rate DCL despite his goal tally. They tell me he's an very limited striker who unless a chance is put on the plate for then he has little positive impact in the game. From the Everto matches I saw last season I'd agree with their comments. DCL can't take people on and beat with his dribbling ability like Watkins can.
I would take Watkins, Bamford and Toney ahead DCL from what I've seen of them.

Last edited:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Good PR after tonight
Maybe the most obvious PR leak in recent history? Auba has another shocker after Arteta was being asked about him before the game, so throw this out there, oh and we play DCL’s team on Monday too.

Edu really is a clown ffs.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Arteta with this would be worse than Burnley football. Now he has to atleast try to play football with our strikers. With him we will be cross merchants

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I'm worried because of his injury record but he striker that suit us Arteta style a target man that can hold the ball bring players around him to the game and can score headers.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'm worried because of his injury record but he striker that suit us Arteta style a target man that can hold the ball bring players around him to the game and can score headers.
Olivier-Giroud-says-Arsen-009.jpg

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Another reliable journalist that close to Everton did reported the story. Could be PR or agent leak but it's normal we'll be looking for striker next summer and DCL is option

Top Bottom