• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think he far from average he scored 21 goals in 39 games last season without penalties if I'm not wrong . But i agree about his injures look like worrying signs
yeah, he has really improved.

I still have reservations about his abilities, but let's see.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Jeff Stelling actually got into an argument with Paul Merson, that moving from Everton to Arsenal isn't a step up.

Why do all these weirdos keep thinking certain teams are at our level, just because we have dropped the last few years, we are still clear of everyone that isn't United, Chelsea, City and Liverpool right now...think I wasn't even alive, the last time ****ing Everton finished ahead of us ffs :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Jeff Stelling actually got into an argument with Paul Merson, that moving from Everton to Arsenal isn't a step up.

Why do all these weirdos keep thinking certain teams are at our level, just because we have dropped the last few years, we are still clear of everyone that isn't United, Chelsea, City and Liverpool right now...think I wasn't even alive, the last time ****ing Everton finished ahead of us ffs :lol:
How dare us try to buy good players to improve they obviously don't want that.

Jakarta

No thanks.

Man is wearing a skirt and a purse? What is the world turning into😑

Btw I rate Calvert as a top target man striker but no way is he worth 70/80m. You know who I would prefer to him on a 15-20m deal? Armando Broja

Shame that he's at Chelsea but he looks a very promising target man striker with a decent amount of pace and technique.

tcahill

The main question marks are around price and injury record.

Everton fans universally rate him, which I think is the best indicator of his quality. I always look at the reaction from the selling club's fans, for example Wolves fans absolutely loved Neves, but plenty on our forum turned up their noses at him. Ramsdale was the same, rated by all his former clubs.

He'd be expensive, but as we know from Pepe, Laca there's a considerable risk attached with buying from a different league, and I'd rather spend big on the right player than save some pennies but get another wrong fit.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The main question marks are around price and injury record.

Everton fans universally rate him, which I think is the best indicator of his quality. I always look at the reaction from the selling club's fans, for example Wolves fans absolutely loved Neves, but plenty on our forum turned up their noses at him. Ramsdale was the same, rated by all his former clubs.

He'd be expensive, but as we know from Pepe, Laca there's a considerable risk attached with buying from a different league, and I'd rather spend big on the right player than save some pennies but get another wrong fit.
Best indicator of his quality is you watching him, and he simply doesn’t have anything that excites you or stands out. He’s your your typical big man. Europe is full of them.

You talking about selling club fans being the best indicator doesn’t make sense because emotion, ego, business comes into it, he’s English etc, lots of things that cloud the judgement.

You talk about Neves, we all liked him on here until 50M prices were being asked, he isn’t worth that. No other top clubs seem desperate to sign him either.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Everything about this club is downgrading. Wenger was signing Van Persie or turning Adebayor into Drogba, Ade had everything - Calvert Lewin couldn’t tie his shoe laces. From these great strikers we’re now linked with plodders.

I even like Calvert Lewin, just not really for us.

Newcastle should sign him, pay him massive wages, he’ll join. Pay Everton a monster fee, 80M etc, they won’t take less.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
You know who I would prefer to him on a 15-20m deal? Armando Broja

Shame that he's at Chelsea but he looks a very promising target man striker with a decent amount of pace and technique.
I don't know what striker I want. I don't really know Broja well either, aside from the fact that he's been quite popular in FPL recently. I do like what I see in that short highlight video. He seems like to type of striker that would work well here. I wonder how the stats back him up so far. Good shout, going to pay more attention to him.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Mark my words, this will end in tears.

He’s good at using his physical attributes to get into good goalscoring positions, his best form came under Ancelotti telling him to stay in the 6 yard box and then Rafa just picked up where Carlo left off, signing Gray and Townsend to improve the quality of crosses going into the box.

Auba gets in behind and on the end of things, DCL pretty much does the same thing but aerially instead and is probably even worse than Auba on the ball yet we want to sign him.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Best indicator of his quality is you watching him, and he simply doesn’t have anything that excites you or stands out. He’s your your typical big man. Europe is full of them.

You talking about selling club fans being the best indicator doesn’t make sense because emotion, ego, business comes into it, he’s English etc, lots of things that cloud the judgement.

You talk about Neves, we all liked him on here until 50M prices were being asked, he isn’t worth that. No other top clubs seem desperate to sign him either.
Europe is indeed full of them and none of them are cross dressers

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

You can end that argument with simple facts. Everton's last trophy was 27 years ago. They nearly got relegated in that time. Arsenal, in that time, won 3 titles, 8 FA Cups, the community Riou shield god knows how many times, been to three European finals. That period included a 9 year trophyless spell and the period which is considered on of our worst spells ever, a period where we've still won two FA Cups. Teams like Everton would love to have crisis periods like:lol: Everton really piss me off as a club. They deserve a lot more flak then they get.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He’s good at using his physical attributes to get into good goalscoring positions, his best form came under Ancelotti telling him to stay in the 6 yard box and then Rafa just picked up where Carlo left off, signing Gray and Townsend to improve the quality of crosses going into the box.

Auba gets in behind and on the end of things, DCL pretty much does the same thing but aerially instead and is probably even worse than Auba on the ball yet we want to sign him.

The injury stuff is really concerning. Was originally out for a week or two which has suddenly stretched into the new year.

I like a lot of his game, he’s like Welbeck with a natural finishers touch. He’s not incredible on the ball but he presses well and is one of the better strikers in the league at linking play.

Last season he’d pick up a random muscle injury and miss a month. If he’s leading the line for us that’s a big worry.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I went indepth about this when I made that heatmap thread many moons ago, DCL showed his best form as a penalty box player.. much like nearly all of our guys currently at the club who have not been allowed to do this, so I don't know what's going on here :lol:

Arteta has also failed to show the ability or the willingness to accommodate signings at any position, you either slot in or you don't. Whilst it may have worked with the back 5, this doesn't run with many attackers let alone a 80 mil CF, this could easily be a Benteke at Liverpool situation.

Like I said with Ramsdale, I don't get it and will just have to trust the club knows what they are doing. Maybe with their scouting the club have realised his physical attributes can translate to whatever Mikel wants (You and I already know from a technique standpoint DCL will not be able to deliver but I digress).

Last edited:

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Call him Dominic Calwert-Lewinsky and i'd happily be Slick Willy Clinton. Top potential in this lad.

Top Bottom