• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The thing is Yousif.... do you trust to pull of getting dcl and then timely moving him on for an upgrade within 2 years?..... not a chance. Its in our history to be **** at this and it continues to happen. Xhaka 3rd deal auba bust up after massive extension.. i dont trust us with overpaid one dimensional players. Took us 6 years to lose mustafi. Fans knew he was ****e after 25 games.
Yeah if you spend that much on DCL England international I can see the media
Think his goals per game ratio is nearly 1 in 2 isn't it based on per 90 minutes last season? He's a goal machine but they are almost exclusively from the centre of the penalty box.

DCL is very good at what he does, but he's just quite a limited sort of striker. As one of two options he wouldn't be a terrible idea, I suppose I just worry that if we spend £70m + on him then that's it - we won't have that to spend on another striker in the near future... But then there's a chance that one of Martinelli or Balogun steps up over the next 12 months I suppose.
i can see a pepe situation where 12 months after he signs a better striker within the club will emerge. He is useful player because he is very good in the air and even if he becomes a backup. You can throw him in when chasing a goal with crosses. My issue is he is very limited player and not a natural scorer

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Yeah if you spend that much on DCL England international I can see the media

i can see a pepe situation where 12 months after he signs a better striker within the club will emerge. He is useful player because he is very good in the air and even if he becomes a backup. You can throw him in when chasing a goal with crosses. My issue is he is very limited player and not a natural scorer
Pretty much how I view it as well. We're not going to sign him this window, but I've come around a little bit. He's not the most exciting name, but he could do a job I reckon.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
FJ-Ywe3XIAkkOAV

DCL :eyess:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Pretty much how I view it as well. We're not going to sign him this window, but I've come around a little bit. He's not the most exciting name, but he could do a job I reckon.

I do wonder if they actually has plans for the summer with the striker situation. If Laca and nketiah are leaving and they want to remove Auba surely not one striker was gonna replace them. You would think they would move forward one of their targets. Unless they are still hopeful of resigning Laca and nketiah

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
I get what you’re saying but I think it’s a slightly spurious argument as Everton and Tottenham were flying after the first 3 games, and both teams have replaced their managers. He is still stuck on 3 goals now, seeing as he’s been injured for most of the time, that’s not surprising. He did move from 15 to 21 goals last year over the previous, so in that sense, there’s potential.
I think it‘s just his confidence is low and still rusty since he just came back from 4 months injury. And also everton are bad at the moment. Last season he had Digne and James supplied him the ball but this season he had no one quality. Playing with saka, Tierney and Ødegaard will benefit him a lot.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I never understand these things. I guess this is bad?
Means he creates nothing and he stays up in the pitch a lot. That he can't give a through ball even if his life depends on it... Which is gonna be sooooooo bad for Saka and Martinelli.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Means he creates nothing and he stays up in the pitch a lot. That he can't give a through ball even if his life depends on it... Which is gonna be sooooooo bad for Saka and Martinelli.
That’s bad. But tbf even the Everton fans are saying he is a limited footballer who is great in the air. On the other hand we do put in more crosses than most teams. So we would use his strength more than Everton

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
That’s bad. But tbf even the Everton fans are saying he is a limited footballer who is great in the air. On the other hand we do put in more crosses than most teams. So we would use his strength more than Everton
So the process to become Stoke City can be completed

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

So the process to become Stoke City can be completed
Yes, but for all of stokes so called thug behaviour. They had far better discipline than us and rarely got red cards. We are thugs compared to them when it comes to discipline

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Auba given £250,000 a week, then binned off and we are going big for DCL in just over 12 months...no doubt when he flops here in a year or two, Mikel will be demanding another £100 million pound striker.

Arteta is trying to turn us into early 2000 Leeds, we will be bankrupt as a club by the time we finally sack the maniac :lol:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I trust my eyes more than any stats. I already knew dlc was a limited footballer by watching him.

Just on about the fact you can’t understand a simple chart, nothing to do with football.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Just on about the fact you can’t understand a simple chart, nothing to do with football.
not all of us are football nerds who needs charts to see charts. What’s next Andy Carrol is not a great dribbler chart? The reason dlc appeal to us is we are basically cross merchants. Chris Wood was missed chance imo

Latest posts+

Top Bottom