• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Massive red flag for me if this is the type of forward we’ve identified.

The three best teams in the county have left this kind of player behind and their managers have shown the tactical flexibility to adapt to not having a traditional no9 lump up front.

The last time I remember something like this working was prime Robbery flanking Mandzukic and from what I remember, Mandzukic was a lot more talented than DCL is.
Tbh I don't even disagree with you but to play devil's advocate kind of - once somethings become a trend - (false 9 and wingers score goals) it's usually time to start thinking about adapting or finding other options because everyone's gonna figure out how to defend against it

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Would rather keep Laca as our main CF than spend big bucks on DCL.

We need someone who can link up play or create goals on his own, not a target man.
Well we need 2 more strikers. We have a tiny squad and if we playing Europe next season the squad need -5-6 players

Harz

All those players you’ve listed are twice the footballer DCL is which is my point really. At some point you have to adapt to what you have and show why you’re a football manager.
Yeah I don't rate DCL at all but it's not like all the top teams are leaving the traditional number 9 behind. Bayern have Lewa, Real have Benzema, Juve have Vlahovic, City want Haaland, Chelsea have Lukaku etc. The point I was trying to make is that while it's possible to do without one (current City, Liverpool, PSG etc.) having one certainly helps.

I am a firm believer in the Osimhen doctrine. He's our guy.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yeah I don't rate DCL at all but it's not like all the top teams are leaving the traditional number 9 behind. Bayern have Lewa, Real have Benzema, Juve have Vlahovic, City want Haaland, Chelsea have Lukaku etc. The point I was trying to make is that while it's possible to do without one (current City, Liverpool, PSG etc.) having one certainly helps.

I am a firm believer in the Osimhen doctrine. He's our guy.
We could just buy a fake 9 and a real 9

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
With 30m, I am fine! But, it's stupid to pay +40m for a player in a ****ty club like Everton.

Malky

Established Member
He screams 50 million to West Ham and they won’t improve one bit. But they will get hype from the English media about buying an England international
Would rather see the club extend Laca and use that £40-50m on a LCM this summer, that signing will improve us far more than DCL at this point.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Can't believe this. Really hope this is just everton trying to get money.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Laca plus a new man is the way to go.
Totally agree, why try to sign two strikers in a lean market when we could extend Laca and just sign one.

I believe that you strengthen your team and squad but signing first XI players and let the players they replace become back up.

New first XI signing & Laca is much stronger than Laca and Nketiah.

Same in midfield,

New first Xi signing, Partey and Xhaka is much stronger than Partey, Xhaka and Lokonga.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Would rather see the club extend Laca and use that £40-50m on a LCM this summer, that signing will improve us far more than DCL at this point.
Yeah Laca the non scoring striker who is physically done should lead the line. Sometimes I hate when we win few games in row because everyone becomes so short sighted. The soon to be league champions are looking to strengthen with Haaland and we should settle for Laca next year

ragnarock

For a decent fee could be a good pick up for starting some games and ability as impact sub to change the system no? Say our main system is with a false 9, having another striker with some serious areal ability makes sense. With Gabi being ‘backup false 9’ in case of injury.

HG and experience in PL the obvious icing

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Massive red flag for me if this is the type of forward we’ve identified.

The three best teams in the county have left this kind of player behind and their managers have shown the tactical flexibility to adapt to not having a traditional no9 lump up front.

The last time I remember something like this working was prime Robbery flanking Mandzukic and from what I remember, Mandzukic was a lot more talented than DCL is.
I’ve heard this argument many times before-and what you’ve said has truth to it, it doesn’t tell the whole story. Both City and Chelsea both wanted a CF in the summer. Neither teams planned to go down the False 9 route, however, due to the dearth of quality number 9’s we are seeing a lot more false strikers. Don’t get it twisted though. If there were more quality strikers, Cjty and Chelsea would have got them. Hence why City are heavily linked with Halaand and why Chelsea will bring back Broja in the summer. All teams want a traditional CF, even Liverpool stick with Origi despite his flaws because they know he’s worth a lot to them in certain scenarios.

Top Bottom