• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dominik Szoboszlai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I'm still not sure about this guy. He has eye catching attributes in terms of his free kicks and long range shooting, I think his agility and speed to truly be a two way 8 are questionable.

If its him or Jonathan David, I would go for David.

Then again. Could always get both.

This is what we should be doing, if the prices are correct and you are looking at 20mil for up and coming talent that should be the shelf we are shopping at.

To get back near the top we will need to secure talent like this, not overly expensive but could have a massive upside in resale value, the club has been full of middle career deadwood for years.

Few signings like this could be sold for huge profits if developed properly.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Sven was a bum, guy only knew how to sign old Dortmund players or weak players like Torreira. Is Shinji Kagawa on loan what we really need right now?

Wanted Ismaila Sarr and Perisic last summer. Got us Auba and we’re gonna make big profits on Mavrapanos and Guendouzi.

I love that homeless looking nerd.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
How is his athleticism and agility? He needs to be at a minimal technical level but those two attributes are what we miss badly in our midfield. We can't only have passers there.

Otherwise we'd still have to buy another midfielder

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
How is his athleticism and agility? He needs to be at a minimal technical level but those two attributes are what we miss badly in our midfield. We can't only have passers there.

Agility wise he is absolutely fine, his speed is fine for his position, he's also 6'1 so would add height as well. You got to remember hes only 19 so still growing physically too.

He wont exactly be bombing around like a box to box midfielder but he does get back and help out, he is similar to De Bruyne but obviously not De Bruyne level.

I think he ticks a lot of boxes for what our midfield needs, technically sound, has a long pass which can absolutely void Xhaka, mobile in going past players and breaking the lines.

A signing like this for me also means Xhaka can go or be benched, yes they are different positions in midfield with different roles but Szobsalai has all Xhaka's positives.

Also would be nice to have a solid set piece taker when also converts penalties unlike our hit and miss mob.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets
Modric, Kroos, Alonso

All you need is technical superiority. If your opponent can’t get the ball, you don’t need to brainlessly run around.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets
Modric, Kroos, Alonso

All you need is technical superiority. If your opponent can’t get the ball, you don’t need to brainlessly run around.

It's not that black and white. You need some athleticism and physical presence too. Vieira springs to mind, or someone like Pogba.

Also, we don't have technical quality at the moment in midfield, so unless you can find the new Xavi and Busquets for us you need some agility too.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I can see him progress into a left central midfield player. From videos though he does have some short comings that may slow down his progress here. He is mobile and powerful on the sprint with good ball control but his body is pretty stiff while his dribbling style is a bit off. I mean in short distances his close control is good. But the overall point is he looks as though he'd get found out in the PL or have a stunted progress.

His delivery, accuracy and weight on the pass is close to perfect though.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Maybe that's the reason he is so cheap and there's not a lot of pressure or rush in teams trying to buy him. He suits Milan and Serie A more than us in the PL as well.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
He definitely has issues running backwards as well as turning properly.

I think we should pass. Very evident he'll have trouble sorting his feet out in the PL similar to Xhaka.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I can see him progress into a left central midfield player. From videos though he does have some short comings that may slow down his progress here. He is mobile and powerful on the sprint with good ball control but his body is pretty stiff while his dribbling style is a bit off. I mean in short distances his close control is good. But the overall point is he looks as though he'd get found out in the PL or have a stunted progress.

His delivery, accuracy and weight on the pass is close to perfect though.

Hes not the type to beat multiple players on a run though, he is more likely to break past one and then look for options to pass and progress play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom