• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dominik Szoboszlai

Status
Not open for further replies.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Hes not the type to beat multiple players on a run though, he is more likely to break past one and then look for options to pass and progress play.
Yeah but the way he runs/dribbles and has trouble turning his body properly he'll find it difficult here. From his videos there's very little evidence of him being able to get his feet sorted. He seems to need a certain angle to actually deliver or release the pass without trouble.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Yeah but the way he runs/dribbles and has trouble turning his body properly he'll find it difficult here. From his videos there's very little evidence of him being able to get his feet sorted. He seems to need a certain angle to actually deliver or release the pass without trouble.

Personally, I'm just not seeing what you are, but again €24mil, is the fee not worth the risk? I cant see that amount getting us much better in terms of young talent especially with our current level.

I think he fits the whole package for us; fee, age, resale and level.

I just dont think we can be picky right now.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser

Personally, I'm just not seeing what you are, but again €24mil, is the fee not worth the risk? I cant see that amount getting us much better in terms of young talent especially with our current level.

I don't think he could pull that off in the PL speed and pace tbh. Its maybe still worth a shot at the price for sure still.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We need to pass. Trust Emile Smith Rowe.

What we need in the transfer market is a midfield genius that can have the ball glued to his feet.

Been saying this for a while. We need a technician in there who is genuinely press resistant and who has excellent passing. A Thiago type. You look at players like Saka, Tierney, AMN and Pepe today and you just see the ball control and ability to take their first touch forward. I feel like we need a player who can accelerate, commit and play the right pass.

Matheus Henrique would be my choice.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I agree with trusting ESR over over him. Unless we get a massive upgrade for that position we'd better keep it that way or find a more well rounded midfield playmaker.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Heck, if we're signing cast offs from the top clubs may as well pick up Silva for a couple of seasons to go with Willian.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Been saying this for a while. We need a technician in there who is genuinely press resistant and who has excellent passing. A Thiago type. You look at players like Saka, Tierney, AMN and Pepe today and you just see the ball control and ability to take their first touch forward. I feel like we need a player who can accelerate, commit and play the right pass.

Matheus Henrique would be my choice.

Houssem Aouar.

Probably a pipedream though.

Get him! For that fee, and we dont even have to pay all at once whats the issue?

1. We need midfielders
2. He is a talent for sure
3. He is in Arenals range (cheap) and we can pay in instalments
4. Salzburg have an eye for developing talents
5. We need to go for young talents and not players who are above their prime

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
You snooze you lose, if you're not elbowing your way to the front of the queue for talents like this then someone else is always happy to pick them up and you have no one to blame but yourself.

We won the race for Ramsey back in the day cos we went above and beyond and showed that we wanted him the most. If we really wanted him this guy could be our all-action goalscoring midfielder for the next 10 years.

Missing out on a guy like Partey would be disappointing but pretty understandable. Missing out on this guy would just be stupid, even careless imo.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Not surprising someone else gets him our deal negotiators are a bunch of pu$$ys and constantly get outdone on contracts or outbid for talents.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Am very neutral on this. Unless he is noticeably better than Guendouzi, Willock or ESR, them I'm not that bothered. I thought Ceballos was going to be and hasn't been, so think I'm more inclined to go with somebody a bit more proven.

I wonder how many are laughing at Emery's desire for Nzonzi and Banega now? Both are kind of what we need some of in our midfield!

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Am very neutral on this. Unless he is noticeably better than Guendouzi, Willock or ESR, them I'm not that bothered. I thought Ceballos was going to be and hasn't been, so think I'm more inclined to go with somebody a bit more proven.

I wonder how many are laughing at Emery's desire for Nzonzi and Banega now? Both are kind of what we need some of in our midfield!

Well he's a different player to Guendouzi, but from scout reports, video evidence and his reputation he is noticeably better than Willock and ESR. Who knows how good he'll be in the future, but Willock and ESR aren't banging in free-kicks and being talked about as generational talents.

He's just a guy who could be that guy to score goals from midfield and who wouldn't cost the earth. Personally I don't mind who it is, if we can afford someone else then fine, Grealish for example, but we need an attacking no. 8 who can score and assist. We've essentially lost Ramsey and Özil and haven't replaced them, that's a huge hole in our midfield.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Well he's a different player to Guendouzi, but from scout reports, video evidence and his reputation he is noticeably better than Willock and ESR. Who knows how good he'll be in the future, but Willock and ESR aren't banging in free-kicks and being talked about as generational talents.

He's just a guy who could be that guy to score goals from midfield and who wouldn't cost the earth. Personally I don't mind who it is, if we can afford someone else then fine, Grealish for example, but we need an attacking no. 8 who can score and assist. We've essentially lost Ramsey and Özil and haven't replaced them, that's a huge hole in our midfield.
We didn’t missed ramsey or Özil.

We missed technically gifted players like Cazorla, Fabregas, Nasri....

ESR, Matt Smith, Burton are all better than willock.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
We didn’t missed ramsey or Özil.

We missed technically gifted players like Cazorla, Fabregas, Nasri....

ESR, Matt Smith, Burton are all better than willock.

What are you on about? Nasri left the club 9 years ago.

Özil was an elite chance creator, and Ramsey was a very good goalscoring midfielder. We've basically lost both of them and all we have is Willock and ESR, I don't even know who the f*ck Burton is tbh.

We need to buy a quality attacking midfielder who can create chances and score goals. It's blindingly obvious. I'm not a scout, I haven't a clue if Szoboszlai is that guy or not. But we need someone.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I've seen people say he regularly goes missing in games for Salzburg, he is only 19 though.

Just thinking about it logically, this makes no sense for Arsenal. We already have Willock, ESR and now potentially Saka that all play his position who are of the same age.

I really think this is just all agent talk.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
This rumour sounds like AM's flavour of the month. I don't think he's what we need in midfield.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
What are you on about? Nasri left the club 9 years ago.

Özil was an elite chance creator, and Ramsey was a very good goalscoring midfielder. We've basically lost both of them and all we have is Willock and ESR, I don't even know who the f*ck Burton is tbh.

We need to buy a quality attacking midfielder who can create chances and score goals. It's blindingly obvious. I'm not a scout, I haven't a clue if Szoboszlai is that guy or not. But we need someone.
Midfielders are responsible for making the team ticks. Xavi didn’t scored a lot but their team has lots of possession because of him, they have space created because of him. He helps to keep the midfield works, playing football with his brain. He makes other attackers in the team assist more and score more.

Ramsey running forward leaving huge gaps in behind, his midfield partner always had to face 3-4 attacking players in counter attack which was supposed to be shared by them. When ramsey was playing we lost a lot of goals, because he was just absence from the midfield staying with the strikers.

Not only this, his technical level was ****. With him playing, it’s like 10v11 in possession. Our team create less chance because he does not dictate tempo, not playing good passes in the midfield, he was up there with the strikers.

He scores 1 and we lost 3 because of gaps he created at the back, worth it? Our team was disfunctional when he was playing, less possession, less chance created, which means our other attackers would scoring less.

By the way, Szoboszlai is a good player and with good technique, I like him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom