• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Douglas Luiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think he's a very solid player with upside and available for the right price. But no doubt, we would need to sign a DLP to help us control games.

Our central midfield needs more than just one signing. If Xhaka leaves in the summer we are just left with Partey? It would be wise to sign Luiz now and then a DLP like Neves or whoever else in that ilk in the summer.
If we sign Luiz and xhaka leaves we need a technician there. Neves is overkill.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I wouldn’t buy a CM this January and wait till the summer. You have Xhaka, Partey, Sambi, Mo etc and there is like 17 games left that are one a week.
I don’t trust Xhaka and Partey pivot. Xhaka has bozo moments and Partey’s fitness and form can be erratic. We need another experienced body in there. Plus we lack a ball-winning profile in midfield. In fact all of our current midfielders excel on the ball rather than off it. Luiz could be an astute signing.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I don’t trust Xhaka and Partey pivot. Xhaka has bozo moments and Partey’s fitness and form can be erratic. We need another experienced body in there. Plus we lack a ball-winning profile in midfield. In fact all of our current midfielders excel on the ball rather than off it. Luiz could be an astute signing.
Although I’d prefer Tyler Adams.

tcahill

Xhaka-Partey pivot works really well. The issues come when only one is playing. Agree that Luiz would be good though.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Without knowing much about him this feels like a tidy but unexceptional transfer. Not sure how much it’ll take us forward.

Partey, Lokonga, Luiz, Neves(?) Is that an elite set of options?
Tidy but unexceptional feels about right to me as well. Not an elite set of options no. Might be enough to get top 4 (might not)

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Come on man. There's no way we would just GIVE him to them for free. Official announcement to come tomorrow.
Hahahaha. Anything is possible when u have this guy as TD

852c017a46aadb7d3b7c58827b714487.gif

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Tidy but unexceptional feels about right to me as well. Not an elite set of options no. Might be enough to get top 4 (might not)
I'm coming around for getting Luiz instead of Guimaraes. Luiz is half a year younger, and has 6700 minutes in EPL while Guimaraes has 3700 minutes in Ligue 1.

It's funny because I was visiting my Tottenham cousin last weekend and somehow we started talking about Luiz. I have watched him a bit, he is a fine player, but takes so many yellows it got my attention.

Do you know how Luiz fares in stats comparisons? I think it's a great plan to focus on experience & maturity, and getting an EPL proven similar level player who has 1 year less in contract could be shrewd business.

Putting Villa to the mud would be great too.

Barry

Do you know how Luiz fares in stats comparisons?
Looked him up on Sqawka Comparison and he doesn't fair as badly as I thought he would. Guimaraes is a stat king and the Sqawka stats are a bit basic, but Luiz looks sort of decent across the board without being standout. Bruno is a much better long passer, Luiz shades him defensively (but not in every area)

drippin

Looked him up on Sqawka Comparison and he doesn't fair as badly as I thought he would. Guimaraes is a stat king and the Sqawka stats are a bit basic, but Luiz looks sort of decent across the board without being standout. Bruno is a much better long passer, Luiz shades him defensively (but not in every area)
Yeah, that's what I thought. Luiz should have quite high ceiling too.

But really, EPL is much tougher league, and Luiz has double the minutes here.

It looks like we can get him for less than Guimaraes.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

This guy would be very underwhelming. Will not "take us to the next level" as the sociopath in charge talked about. Even a loser like Arthur are more exciting than Luiz.

Barry

Yeah, that's what I thought. Luiz should have quite high ceiling too.

But really, EPL is much tougher league, and Luiz has double the minutes here.

It looks like we can get him for less than Guimaraes.
Yeah, he wouldn't be a bad signing although not an exciting one. Like you say he's got the league and international minutes.

Bruno's very progressive in his dribbling though which I think Luiz lacks a bit, but he's not a bad player, we could do worse.

drippin

This guy would be very underwhelming. Will not "take us to the next level" as the sociopath in charge talked about.
We need to upgrade Xhaka and Elneny. Luiz is an upgrade and much younger. It's not about one transfer taking us to the next level.

Reactions: Kav

drippin

Yeah, he wouldn't be a bad signing although not an exciting one. Like you say he's got the league and international minutes.

Bruno's very progressive in his dribbling though which I think Luiz lacks a bit, but he's not a bad player, we could do worse.
Another point is that Luiz should be able to do both #6 & #8 roles. Guimaraes would mostly be #6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom