• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Douglas Luiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Midfielder remains the priority. Villa looking at a lad from Juventus at the same time. Transfer merry-go-round in action.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Thought to check their forum. It looks like they want the Bentancur deal done and then he is available.

These are all from experienced members.
Pissflaps said:
Why do people think just because we may look at Betancur it immediately means we must be selling Luiz.

God forbid we want 2 first team standard players for one role. They are first to moan that the bench is weak and has no options.

Lunatics I swear.
He will be priced out of a move, we'll be asking more then Arsenal will be willing to pay..... pay back for ESR.
He’s worth a lot more than £32m, and he’d be tough to replace mid season (he’d be a huge loss tbh, given we’re already light at DM). I don’t know why so many of our fans think he’s **** or bang average, it’s bizarre.

Not the finished article, for sure, and does have bad games. But he’s a really, really good player, and has age on his side. Be gutted if he left.
CVByrne said:
With Calum Chambers in, with Bentancur likely to join in next few days. Nakamba will be fit in a couple of months. We should cash in on Luiz. He won't be playing games and can't see him signing a new deal after he's dropped. We also won't get near as much for him in Summer.
I'd rather have Luiz than any of those 3.
Yeh, I'm coming round to that way of thinking. £35m for him now is good business I'm afraid. Hopefully we spend the money wisely!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Thought to check their forum. It looks like they want the Bentancur deal done and then he is available.

These are all from experienced members.
He key player for Villa started 17 from 20 games this season. They won't let him go without replacement. Or they might if the bid too good to turn down something to keep eye on but i prefer we spend the money on CF

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Perfect replacement for Mo 😄

Decent player tbf think Neves is a bit more creative but Luiz has a very solid allround game so yes would be ok with him.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I'm coming around for getting Luiz instead of Guimaraes. Luiz is half a year younger, and has 6700 minutes in EPL while Guimaraes has 3700 minutes in Ligue 1.

It's funny because I was visiting my Tottenham cousin last weekend and somehow we started talking about Luiz. I have watched him a bit, he is a fine player, but takes so many yellows it got my attention.

Do you know how Luiz fares in stats comparisons? I think it's a great plan to focus on experience & maturity, and getting an EPL proven similar level player who has 1 year less in contract could be shrewd business.

Putting Villa to the mud would be great too.
Dont worry bro they will soon be converted to Reds if he comes here :eek:

drippin

Dont worry bro they will soon be converted to Reds if he comes here :eek:
Thus far in EPL he has a yellow per 359 minutes and a red per 6814 minutes. The only red in EPL isn't a straight red. He takes about 8 yellows per season as their DMF.

Xhaka in EPL has a yellow per 316 minutes, and 4 straight reds.

First I thought the Villa fans will turn red, either in their faces or into Arsenal fans. :lol:

drippin

I keep spying the Villa forum. This is not from an experienced member.

It's a bit weird take, as Luiz has played 64 games as DMF in EPL and 18 as CMF, according to Transfermarkt. But yeah I thought he can play both roles, which is good to have.

Douglas isn’t a DM, he plays the role but it doesn’t suit him. And the Brazilian bit is irrelevant. We’re not selling Doug to get Bentacour, Dougs playing where he is because Marv got injured.

2ECCFB13-DFEA-489C-BE06-3772E585FE1E.jpeg.4868aad2f16c684ca9960256475f42f7.jpeg

drippin

Me and him ain’t that cool, I can’t keep texting him for info. Told me yesterday AFC want him and can have him for 38M.
I saw some rumours last Fall when the price was said to be 35 million euros in January.

In any case, he will be cheaper than Guimaraes, and has double the experience in a tougher league. And he can play both #6 & #8.

Edu get it done, get more brazilians to Arsenal. I hope it's just the case of Villa getting a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom