• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Douglas Luiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

His price would drop by 15 million in the summer. Literally no point in overpaying for him.
The point for "overpaying" for an EPL proven midfielder now, is to have real competition for Xhaka.

This, and in addition maybe another transfer, could help us get UCL, which is worth more than 15 million.

Under 40 million euros is not that much for a EPL proven player with great potential.

It also helps us to have a midfielder adjusted to the team & tactics for next season, if we let go of Xhaka too.

Having Xhaka & Partey start + Sambi & Elneny cover, is not good enough for a top team.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The point for "overpaying" for an EPL proven midfielder now, is to have real competition for Xhaka.

This, and in addition maybe another transfer, could help us get UCL, which is worth more than 15 million.

Under 40 million euros is not that much for a EPL proven player with great potential.

We need better midfielders, but tbf once Partey and Xhaka are back they’ll probably stay fit and we can get by with so few games, adding a CM now probably isn’t gonna be the difference between 4th and 5th.

A striker could be the difference though, cos we have a very urgent goal scoring problem. No striker and you can wave goodbye to top 4 imo.

drippin

We need better midfielders, but tbf once Partey and Xhaka are back they’ll probably stay fit and we can get by with so few games, adding a CM now probably isn’t gonna be the difference between 4th and 5th.

A striker could be the difference though, cos we have a very urgent goal scoring problem. No striker and you can wave goodbye to top 4 imo.
I just edited this above: "Having Xhaka & Partey start + Sambi & Elneny cover, is not good enough for a top team."

I'd rather that Xhaka is the rotation option. He has proven that he can't let go of silly mistakes at any point.

If they can't land a top striker now for decent amount of money, I'm fine with having Lacazette/Martinelli/Nketiah for our striker options. I nowadays think Martinelli can do it too after his improvements, unlike earlier.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This guy is a Samba Elneny, no idea why he's so highly rated. I think Villa wouldn't even care if they sold him, he's not essential to their plans at all.

It's the Arthur thread all over again, the same crowd hyping it up will do a 180 better than I could ever do and start celebrating when it's announced he's staying at Villa saying we dodged a bullet.

Kav

Established Member
Actually He’s a decent player. Watched him a few times last season and he impressed with his passing. He’s not afraid to tackle and his composure on the ball is very good. Not sure about how he would fare in a midfield like ours that gets exposed on counters.

I wouldn’t be against this signing but if I am being honest I would have preferred Neves to hun to get a midfielder in now.

We also need to sort out the forward position so it’s interesting to see what combinations the club goes for.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I just edited this above: "Having Xhaka & Partey start + Sambi & Elneny cover, is not good enough for a top team."

I'd rather that Xhaka is the rotation option. He has proven that he can't let go of silly mistakes at any point.

If they can't land a top striker now for decent amount of money, I'm fine with having Lacazette/Martinelli/Nketiah for our striker options. I nowadays think Martinelli can do it too after his improvements, unlike earlier.

Overall yeah, not good enough for a top team, but we’re just talking about a sprint for top 4, goals are what get you that.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Actually He’s a decent player. Watched him a few times last season and he impressed with his passing. He’s not afraid to tackle and his composure on the ball is very good. Not sure about how he would fare in a midfield like ours that gets exposed on counters.

I wouldn’t be against this signing but if I am being honest I would have preferred Neves to hun to get a midfielder in now.

We also need to sort out the forward position so it’s interesting to see what combinations the club goes for.

I saw a stat that he gets dribbled pass much less than Neves, so would actually do okay in an open midfield, but Neves is a way better passer.

Reactions: Kav

drippin

This guy is a Samba Elneny, no idea why he's so highly rated. I think Villa wouldn't even care if they sold him, he's not essential to their plans at all.

It's the Arthur thread all over again, the same crowd hyping it up will do a 180 better than I could ever do and start celebrating when it's announced he's staying at Villa saying we dodged a bullet.
Luiz is EPL proven, 6800 minutes, 23 years old. He is nothing like Arthur, which was just a hope for some improvement in short term.

I bet you looked at FIFA stats and made your conclusion that Sambi & Elneny are as good.

Villa have tried to extend him.

For what we are trying to achieve, I actually rate Luiz higher than Guimaraes for sure instant impact with a similar ceiling, and positions he can play.

To me it seems the club made a similar choice with Ødegaard over Buendia, although in this case Luiz is more EPL proven.

Last edited:

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Apparently changed agents to hire Kia Joorabchian earlier in the month for what it's worth
Dunno if thats good or bad if we want him?
He has a relationship with EDU but tbf would we be shocked if the Kronkes decide not to touch any of his players with a barge pole because of past business!? :p
Kia is an Arsenal fan apparently so you would like to think he would let us have a good player make up for previous transgressions. 🤔

OSBK

Established Member
Not for me. He doesnt get on city, pool, chelsea bench so why do we need him.

Its also very easy to look at these compact teams and see players like luiz do well. Stick him in our midfield and he will be like a lost puppy.

drippin

Has anyone thought how it could affect our game if we had Partey in midfield with a similar player that he is?

I mean not slow, good tackler, decent shot threat, able to dribble and progress with runs, but still capable of long passes?

I think Xhaka can be a good rotation player, especially against lower teams. But someone like Luiz with Partey against bigger teams would give us much better chances, and the players could use their opportunities to counter much more fluidly. The other one attacking and other one dropping deep to cover.

A bonus would be that Luiz doesn't take reds as easily, which can ruin our season.

What I'm thinking with Luiz's stats, is that his role at Villa seems to have been a clear DMF, while the other more attacking midfielders are instructed to attack.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Decent 6/8 hybrid but he renewed his contract in the summer... Youssouf Fofana is a free agent next summer and is the more viable option.

We need both, if Elneny and Jorginho are leaving in the summer.

Rice, TP5, Fofana/Zubimendi, Luiz and Timber at six, with Luiz being able to play as an 8 too, is elite depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom