• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dušan Vlahović

Which club will Vlahovic end up at?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
They are totally different though. Isak 's dribbling and pace are so appealing. He has the potential to be an absolute menace if he bulks up a little and works on his heading.
That's the worry a bit with Vlahovic. He's a big, Dzeko-like penalty box striker. Doesn't look like he has explosive pace or agility. His game could translate well to the Premier League but it's always a bit of a gamble. He's scoring at a high rate though and it's still young. £70m is a huge fee, I'd definitely be excited but he'd be a risk like Pepe

Goonger

They are totally different though. Isak 's dribbling and pace are so appealing. He has the potential to be an absolute menace if he bulks up a little and works on his heading.

In terms of being a real goalscorer I feel Isak is the bigger gamble, but could have the higher ceiling.

I think Vlahovic is a more natural goal scorer, & for that reason I think I'd go with him. A great education against Serie A defences, 1 in 2 record at international level, he'd be my top realistic choice.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I'd be shocked if this happens, but if it does then maybe KSE is more ambitious than we thought.

tbf we've had money to spend every window. However, I do think dropping out of top 6 two seasons running has made them realise how much we need European football. Even EL is better than nothing and with Man Utd stumbling they must see we could get top 4 and finally back to CL.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Normally you say “no chance”, but I think next summer we’ll only make two first team transfers - a striker and CM, those will cost 80-100M, which is not a lot and falls in line with our normal spending, especially if you add a sale or two.

GDeep™

League is very weak
tbf we've had money to spend every window. However, I do think dropping out of top 6 two seasons running has made them realise how much we need European football. Even EL is better than nothing and with Man Utd stumbling they must see we could get top 4 and finally back to CL.
We must be the first club ever who doesn’t spend money if it’s there. Even Emery said he was told there is no money, just loans.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I would rather someone more experienced, some kid from a poor league is going to take 3/4 years to settle.

Historically strikers from Italy have struggled here.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We must be the first club ever who doesn’t spend money if it’s there. Even Emery said he was told there is no money, just loans.

We've had a few net gains but generally we spend more than we gain every window. I'm not protecting KSE, I wish they sold tomorrow, but they haven't been our only issue, we've have spent and often spent badly!

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Got a good feeling about this signing but I’m not sure if we’ll be able to get him if we leave it until the summer and I’m sure the club are aware of that.

Seems exactly like a Dortmund type of signing especially if Haaland leaves in the summer.

FDDU-v0XoAI0FKG

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Admittedly haven't seen Vlahovic other than youtube, but his ball striking looks top class, guys scored a lot of different types of goals (as well as headers and free kicks). From what I've seen of Isak in the odd la liga game and Euros, his finishing doesn't look to be top class, but as you say his dribbling and link up play looks really good.

It's encouraging we seem to be after these guys. I think Osihmen should probably be on the list as well, although he really would cost a bomb.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
That's the worry a bit with Vlahovic. He's a big, Dzeko-like penalty box striker. Doesn't look like he has explosive pace or agility. His game could translate well to the Premier League but it's always a bit of a gamble. He's scoring at a high rate though and it's still young. £70m is a huge fee, I'd definitely be excited but he'd be a risk like Pepe

Getting a target man striker, makes the Ødegaard signing a weird one.

Ødegaard doesn't really get on the ball and dribble/run past the striker, so to get the best out of Martin you need a fast striker running onto his passes...if we sign this guy, ESR at 10 with Saka and Martinelli wide would be the best way to go in theory.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Got a good feeling about this signing but I’m not sure if we’ll be able to get him if we leave it until the summer and I’m sure the club are aware of that.

Seems exactly like a Dortmund type of signing especially if Haaland leaves in the summer.

FDDU-v0XoAI0FKG
You feel like the best possible version of Vlahovic develops into a player like Van Nistelrooy or even Lewandowski. That's his upside if he adjusts to the league and keeps improving. I think he's gettable for Arsenal, but I doubt we go big in January. Not sure we can even afford to with what we spent last summer unless we sell Saliba or something crazy like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom