• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dušan Vlahović

Which club will Vlahovic end up at?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal4life14

If we definitely looking for a striker this window then I'm sure one of either Auba or Laca are probably also going this window, Unless Arteta and Edu want to get our marquee striker in January to get him settled before the start of next season and then flog Auba and Laca in the summer.

I expect Laca and Auba both to leave within the next 2 windows so we might end up needing 2 strikers. They could also be planning on using Martinelli for the second striker role next season though.

Wiltord's left boot

From what I’m hearing his link up play isn’t up to scratch but he’s ruthless in the penalty area. I want my striker to contribute more than just goal poaching tbh. Hopefully Arteta can help him work on that side of this game.

Think we’d be more exciting to watch with Isak.
From what I've seen Isak can certainly dribble, but what's he like with his back to goal?

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
From what I’m hearing his link up play isn’t up to scratch but he’s ruthless in the penalty area. I want my striker to contribute more than just goal poaching tbh. Hopefully Arteta can help him work on that side of this game.

His stats are horrible (listen to the podcast that @drippin posted a few pages back), but it's his trajectory that's exciting. The Italian football expert was describing how he's put on a ton of muscle over the last twelve months and it hasn't affected his speed or agility but has already started improving his all round game. Described him as a "killer" in and around the box with technical qualities but still rough around the edges.

His numbers are not great when you strip out the penalties, but they are for a striker of his age in a top league, he's also in form and getting better in terms of goal to minutes etc. Also he scores something like 40% of Fiorentina's goals which suggests that he gets better numbers in a more creative team like Arsenal.

I wasn't sure about him either - because we've seen what Laca's all round play has done to improve our team - but Vlahovic has insane potential over the longer term. £70m is huge, but the club are trying to get an elite striker in a weak market. Personally I hope we hang onto Laca for another season as well though to help the transition if this goes through.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
His stats are horrible (listen to the podcast that @drippin posted a few pages back), but it's his trajectory that's exciting. The Italian football expert was describing how he's put on a ton of muscle over the last twelve months and it hasn't affected his speed or agility but has already started improving his all round game. Described him as a "killer" in and around the box with technical qualities but still rough around the edges.

His numbers are not great when you strip out the penalties, but they are for a striker of his age in a top league, he's also in form and getting better in terms of goal to minutes etc. Also he scores something like 40% of Fiorentina's goals which suggests that he gets better numbers in a more creative team like Arsenal.

I wasn't sure about him either - because we've seen what Laca's all round play has done to improve our team - but Vlahovic has insane potential over the longer term. £70m is huge, but the club are trying to get an elite striker in a weak market. Personally I hope we hang onto Laca for another season as well though to help the transition if this goes through.
My worry is 70m pounds for potential is a huge risk. You pay that for a proven striker, in my opinion. Or at least someone who has shown it over a longer period of time.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Good to see the club being proactive. A CF that can come in, and give us what Lacazette does, whilst banging in 10 odd goals could we be the thing that puts us over the line for top 4.

Barry

My worry is 70m pounds for potential is a huge risk. You pay that for a proven striker, in my opinion. Or at least someone who has shown it over a longer period of time.
I totally agree, as move for a club with limited funds, £70 for Vlahovic (or Isak) is crazy - like you said, it's what you should be paying for a top end, PL proven striker.

But take the fee out of it and assuming we are just going for the most promising players available, then I think he's high on the list. There are obviously players that I'd prefer more (like Gnabry for example) but Vlahovic has incredible potential. Main question for me is whether he can develop his link play and all round game. Watching a couple of his match comp's and it looks like he is comfortable with his back to goal but just needs more experience of doing it at a top level.

I guess the fee is less painful than it would have been because of Torreira's situation as well

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
As of now I think we are going to need an additional technical striker to Vlahovic, to be able to drop deep if we are playing with a double pivot, as Vlahovic is not that player. Vlahovic is very much going to be a focal point of our attack, similar to the work Giroud did for us (minus the link up play).

This is why I'd pair Vlahovic with Gouiri as our forward signings. Vlahovic gives us that focal point upfront for aerial balls and linking up runners behind. Gouiri drops deep like Lacazette does currently, and gives us that extra creative option in midfield.

You could play Gouiri on the left, Vlahovic central and Saka right with a double pivot and build that diamond in midfield Or, if starting Martinelli with Vlahovic and Saka, you would need a ball playing, press resistant CM who is able to play as a single pivot, to add more creativity to the middle 3.

All that said, I have faith in Arteta and team to work on Vlahovic's dropping deep and link up play with midfield. Get that right, and we have a player who is very close to Haaland.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Latte Firm breakdown said (which I have also seen from one match and videos), that his passing in the box needs a lot of improving, likely also fast passing one-twos. But I think that's still coachable for a very talented soon 22 year old.

Why I and others drew the comparison to Kane, and what the Italian journalist also said, is that his build-up play from earlier in the pitch is very good. He is a clever player, can keep the ball, can carry it well and make long passes.

Isak actually would fit the Lacazette role a lot better. But I'm not sure if the striker has to do that, we have players to adjust to other tactics. What I like with Isak the most in addition to very good technicality is that he is two footed, while Vlahovic isn't much.

Somehow to me it seems Vlahovic is very mature for his age and very driven. Isak is no slouch in this area either, but I don't get the same mental strength feel from him yet. Which is surely needed at a top club straight away.

It seems I had an ITK moment yesterday, hunching that Vlahovic is waiting for City, but I think Haaland goes there. Or Ornstein read my post here. :lol:

Barry

This is why I'd pair Vlahovic with Gouiri as our forward signings.
I think as a pair they would work exceptionally well - that would probably be my wish list pairing.

The only thing is that Ødegaard is currently occupying that SS position as our Number 10. You can't accommodate two strikers and a 10 but Gouiri would be a great Laca replacement; I see Vlahovic as more of a Auba replacement if it happens

drippin

I totally agree, as move for a club with limited funds, £70 for Vlahovic (or Isak) is crazy - like you said, it's what you should be paying for a top end, PL proven striker.

But take the fee out of it and assuming we are just going for the most promising players available, then I think he's high on the list. There are obviously players that I'd prefer more (like Gnabry for example) but Vlahovic has incredible potential. Main question for me is whether he can develop his link play and all round game. Watching a couple of his match comp's and it looks like he is comfortable with his back to goal but just needs more experience of doing it at a top level.

I guess the fee is less painful than it would have been because of Torreira's situation as well
Doesn't Isak have 90 million release clause and contract until 2025-2026? I think we have to pay the full sum if we want him.

Such a release clause is always a nice backup if the poker play with Fiorentina doesn't work. If they demand too much for a guy with not much experience and short contract.

But if the options are 70 million for Vlahovic or 90 million for Isak, I would clearly opt for Vlahovic. Different players and both good options of course.

That 20 million is a lot, it's something like half of what is needed for Gouiri for example.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Look like Kroenke want to make statement this window and sign this guy. Fiorentina now trying to River plate attacker Julian Alvarez. It's still early January Fiorentina might want to hold on Vlahovic as long as they could.

Barry

Doesn't Isak have 90 million release clause and contract until 2025-2026? I think we have to pay the full sum if we want him.

Such a release clause is always a nice backup if the poker play with Fiorentina doesn't work. If they demand too much for a guy with not much experience and short contract.

But if the options are 70 million for Vlahovic or 90 million for Isak, I would clearly opt for Vlahovic. Different players and both good options of course.

That 20 million is a lot, it's something like half of what is needed for Gouiri for example.
Might be wrong but I thought Isak's clause went up from £40m to £70m so they are around the same value (if we activated the clause)

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This guy is such a ****ing dream. I genuinely think he’ll be spoken about in similar terms to Haaland before long.

I almost hate saying this but he reminds me of a young Van Judas.

It's that left foot. Guy seems to have every finish in his locker, and looks a proper pure striker of the ball, as RVP was. The way he hits it reminds me of Kane a bit as well, smashes it into the corners.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why wouldn’t Juventus be in for him? Their forward line doesn’t seem like anything exceptional.

Dybala extension still not announced either.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Why wouldn’t Juventus be in for him? Their forward line doesn’t seem like anything exceptional.

Dybala extension still not announced either.

The trouble for Juventus is they’d need to sell before they can buy, otherwise they’d need to do another buy now pay in 3 years deal. Not sure Fiorentina would settle for that with other deals on the table.

drippin

Might be wrong but I thought Isak's clause went up from £40m to £70m so they are around the same value (if we activated the clause)
It says that Isak's earlier clause was 70 million euros and now is 90 million euros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom