• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dušan Vlahović

Which club will Vlahovic end up at?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
This deal makes sense when we got Torreira to offer if they still want him, lowers the cash price and also solves our Torreira issue. For that reason it seems to make more sense than most linked with.

One thing I do like about Vlahovic is he looks like an aggressive beast, 21 and got that physique which must be horrible to defend against, would be nice to have a complete **** in the box for once who is making it miserable for the opposition all game and on crosses instead of how nice it is now.

His actual game I have no idea on, looks good but who doesnt in a YouTube compilation.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
The thing I'm getting from that and the compilation is that his main selling point is that he is a big guy and not a total donkey? He doesn't seem that fast, seems pretty one footed and the stats don't seem particularly impressive tbh...

I mean I'd take him over Tammy, but for the 60mil that's being quoted surely we can still attempt to sign Isak despite the extension?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The thing I'm getting from that and the compilation is that his main selling point is that he is a big guy and not a total donkey? He doesn't seem that fast, seems pretty one footed and the stats don't seem particularly impressive tbh...

I mean I'd take him over Tammy, but for the 60mil that's being quoted surely we can still attempt to sign Isak despite the extension?

Isak is still a good shout especially if Roma are going for him so he's available.

He was the first link that we had to a striker a few weeks back.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Isak's release clause went up from €70m to €90m with the new contract he just signed. No chance of him going anywhere this summer.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210808-212647_The Athletic.jpg
    Screenshot_20210808-212647_The Athletic.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20210808-212707_The Athletic.jpg
    Screenshot_20210808-212707_The Athletic.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20210808-212731_The Athletic.jpg
    Screenshot_20210808-212731_The Athletic.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20210808-212755_The Athletic.jpg
    Screenshot_20210808-212755_The Athletic.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 35

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Would a target man get isolated for us though?
Atleast Tierney and perhaps Leno would have someone to aim at. Ideally our winger forwards like Auba/Saka/Pepe could play off him too.

If we did add a striker I would rather it be a convincing big man (I've never seen this boy play).

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Atleast Tierney and perhaps Leno would have someone to aim at. Ideally our winger forwards like Auba/Saka/Pepe could play off him too.

If we did add a striker I would rather it be a convincing big man (I've never seen this boy play).
Neither have i, but just worried that we would be more predictable.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Feels like a really old school target man. Would definitely offer something different and I like the profile - he isn't the finished article but could develop into a quality player over time.

Wouldn't be against this at all even if it is a gamble at the fees being discussed.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
It's a weird one cos he's a great prospect and it's worth buying a CF talent of his physique and ability, but he's probably not actually worth 50m right now and you'd have to give him a few more years to develop, you wouldn't expect instant reliable performance from him.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
he looks great at what he does but really what the **** are we doing here

when was this the style & strategy Arteta spoke about in the first two seasons? we are now targeting very expensive HG players while selling our kids + going big on true target men?

its mad stuff

Gunners1616

Never spend big on a big body striker...

I'd rather take a chance on Dolberg for much less money. Same height but better with his feet.

Tammy for less than 25M would also be a nice option.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
So these underlying stats don't look very impressive at all, one big caveat would be that my understanding is Fiorentina were pretty bad and lacking in creativity last season, so he wasn't playing in a good team (also means he'd fit right in at Arsenal!)

E8SP5kEUcAA4Oti

E8SQtIgUcAIPN3D

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
But to be in the 74th percentile for non-penalty xG and the 76th for non-penalty goals at 21 years old is pretty impressive I'd say, people expect too much of young strikers, CFs usually peak much later than wide forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom