• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dušan Vlahović

Which club will Vlahovic end up at?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
He thinks he can become the best striker in the world.

It's wise to wait if bigger fish come calling. Especially last summer when we were not looking good. The rumours of agent not answering are from there.

Who wouldn't wait for City for example when you see their striker situation?
There is a difference between acting like you think you can be the best in the world and act like you were already the best in the world without prove it.

A really ambitious player take his shot with a top team without thinking too much to prove he can be the best through the process it takes to that point. You didn't see Thierry with that attitude even if he was super cocky.

He wants to go to city? He isn't.thr best yet. Guardiola didn't even like pure 9s. Haaland is more a statement rich clubs want to have to say they have the best. But I am sure Guardiola doesn't need him. He is better with false 9 or technical players out of the box.

Malky

Established Member
The fact that Ornstein has confirmed our interest and said he's our number one target makes me certain there's interest there from Vlahovic's camp that he'd want to join us. All this noise about agents not picking up phones is just bullshit for clicks and likes.

Liam_Og

The fact that Ornstein has confirmed our interest and said he's our number one target makes me certain there's interest there from Vlahovic's camp that he'd want to join us. All this noise about agents not picking up phones is just bullshit for clicks and likes.
I agree. But i genuinely believe he is open to a move to Arsenal as he sees it as stepping stone move. Just have to hope that in the meantime we become competitive and he’s happy to stay around.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I’ve been stroking my magic eight ball furiously all day trying to see into January 31th. I saw Vlahovic

GDeep™

League is very weak
Romano again saying his agents aren’t interested in Arsenal and there are no talks.

If you consider the CF market is dry and he’s the hottest property going, i can understand him and his team holding out for better clubs.

Liverpool, Utd, City, Bayern, PSG etc might all be after strikers in the summer.

tcahill

Its funny how times have changed. Data and radars really do colour our view of players. Sometimes it is simply about. Are they a very good footballer or not? If we don't get him there are other options. Isak is a very good footballer in his own right.

Ask yourself this. When Henry was at Juventus. What would his radar have looked like? 105 appearances for Monaco. 20 goals. 16 for Juventus, 3 goals.

If he he existed now, we would be hoping we missed out on him. Sometimes we need to trust the guys who have played, develop and understand what improvements a footballer can make.

Unfortunately now everything is about the money, about maximizing the return of a big money investment. Good players now cost over 50 mill, and if they flop it's a real financial issue for the club.

The best business model has always been buy low sell high. Data helps clubs get those hidden gems for cheap, then selling them later to a bigger club for a significant fee.

TinFish

We are not getting this guy. No matter how you spin it with the agent and PR stuff.

Some of us want to believe it as it’s practically the best fitting signing we can make right now. Sadly we are like the Leipzig of Bundesliga. A stepping stone club.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
'If' he doesnt want to come here so be it, be interesting too see whats next for him.

You win some, you lose some.

Not knocking the player, he may become world class but it does seem every year there is a 70mil+ next big thing on the market after one or two good years.

Personally I think DCL wont go onto do anything major.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
We are not getting this guy. No matter how you spin it with the agent and PR stuff.

Some of us want to believe it as it’s practically the best fitting signing we can make right now. Sadly we are like the Leipzig of Bundesliga. A stepping stone club.
I'm pretty relaxed about it to be honest, we'll get him or another striker around about his level. There isn't one ready made striker we can get where it's clear cut that they'll become world class. Even the likes of Martinez only managed 15 goals in Italy.

I think Vlahovic has a high ceiling, but there are still question marks that show up in the data and there are other good strikers out there.

The most encouraging thing is that we seem to have the money to spend - honestly, the summer was always more likely for a striker signing. Yesterday showed that's it's more important that we get an experienced midfielder in right away. I'm saying this really wanting Vlahovic though.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm pretty relaxed about it to be honest, we'll get him or another striker around about his level. There isn't one ready made striker we can get where it's clear cut that they'll become world class. Even the likes of Martinez only managed 15 goals in Italy.

I think Vlahovic has a high ceiling, but there are still question marks that show up in the data and there are other good strikers out there.

The most encouraging thing is that we seem to have the money to spend - honestly, the summer was always more likely for a striker signing. Yesterday showed that's it's more important that we get an experienced midfielder in right away. I'm saying this really wanting Vlahovic though.

When you look at the surgery that is required on the squad, you can genuinely see the issues we have. As much as Tavares and Lokonga are young, it is more to do with the players they are next to. Put Lokonga next to Partey and he is fine. Put him next to Patino and he struggles. Put Tavres next to Holding with Patino inside and he struggles.

Our first 11 with a new CM and Cf is basically complete and able to challenge at the top level. However after that, we struggle which is why we wouldn't be title challengers. They can't sustain 3 games a week and the drop down in quality to back up is bad.

Wenger always had a first 11 and then a second 11. We need players competing so Arteta can rotate without feeling insecure. The only player he can currently bring in and trust is ESR.

I agree that CM is more important, but if I am honest the club has been so passive for years that bringing our summer plans forward for January is so much more beneficial. I can't even explain the impact of signing Vlahovic and Guimaraes would have. Yes it would be 100 million, but it is the 100 million we would spend on them in the summer anyway.

Xhaka, Partey, Lokonga, Guimaraes as CM options to the end of the season would definitely be enough. Then I would offload, Elneny and Xhaka and bring in Svanberg.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
When you look at the surgery that is required on the squad, you can genuinely see the issues we have. As much as Tavares and Lokonga are young, it is more to do with the players they are next to. Put Lokonga next to Partey and he is fine. Put him next to Patino and he struggles. Put Tavres next to Holding with Patino inside and he struggles.

Our first 11 with a new CM and Cf is basically complete and able to challenge at the top level. However after that, we struggle which is why we wouldn't be title challengers. They can't sustain 3 games a week and the drop down in quality to back up is bad.

Wenger always had a first 11 and then a second 11. We need players competing so Arteta can rotate without feeling insecure. The only player he can currently bring in and trust is ESR.

I agree that CM is more important, but if I am honest the club has been so passive for years that bringing our summer plans forward for January is so much more beneficial. I can't even explain the impact of signing Vlahovic and Guimaraes would have. Yes it would be 100 million, but it is the 100 million we would spend on them in the summer anyway.

Xhaka, Partey, Lokonga, Guimaraes as CM options to the end of the season would definitely be enough. Then I would offload, Elneny and Xhaka and bring in Svanberg.
It also means they have half a season to bed in - gives us a more settled team ready for next year and some learning off the likes of Laca as well.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It also means they have half a season to bed in - gives us a more settled team ready for next year and some learning off the likes of Laca as well.

Indeed. I also think we need to get over the first 11 mentality. We need to have a squad where we don't care about who comes in and who starts. We need 4 able Centre half's with the correct profile. One more left footer is needed who can impose themselves physically like Gabriel can so we don't feel weak without him.

For example, whether it's White- Saliba, Saliba- Gabriel, Gabriel - White, or any of them paired with the new CB. We can't have the feeling we do with Mari and Holding.

The same goes for the front line. We have Saka, Martinelli and ESR. The fourth can't make us feel like Pepe does. The midfield needs to be the same and so does rb.

Only when we can change 4 players and not have a meltdown about the line up can we truly challenge for the top honours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom