• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dutch Football

Wouterus

Everyone's favourite league starts on Friday!

Will Ajax win the fifth title in a row or will it be PSV this time? Definitely one of these two as Feyenoord have sold four good players and I don't think they will be able to replace them adequately.

PEC Zwolle won the Dutch Super Cup after beating Ajax (again) yesterday.

Matchday one includes a good game, Ajax - Chelsea 2. Vitesse will wear a special kit in away games this season in remembrance of Operation Market Garden which took place 70 years ago during WWII.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Nice one for the update mate, Sky Sports here in England have got coverage this season so I'll be able to watch it for the first time in years.

Wouterus

Ah forgot about that. If you haven't watched it in years you may be shocked by the quality in some games. Matches between de top 5 are usually entertaining though, lots of goals and there is definitely some talent to watch.

Toast

Established Member
Thanks for creating the thread, Wouterus. Really looking forward to the league start.

I fully expect Ajax to take the title again this year. Hopefully with a bit more style and a bit quicker than in the previous couple of years. Feyenoord has lost too many integral players to challenge, I think, and PSV is... well PSV.
I just don't get that club. They don't seem to have any real plan in place. At the moment their squad is not good enough to win the title IMO.

Anyway, it'll be a good season with a whole new generation of youngsters looking to make the step up.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

I wouldn't rule out PSV.

They bought De Jong, who is guaranteed to get 20-25 goals for them. Then there is Depay, Narsingh, Wijnaldum, Maher and probably some more I forgot about.

Talent-wise they are not far of Ajax, I think.

Toast

Established Member
Their defence is **** though. Arias, Brenet, Bruma, Hendrix, Willems and Tamata hardly inspire confidence. They have talented players, yes but we've seen time and again in the past that throwing a bunch of talented players together doesn't necessarily make for a good team. A good team > good individuals. Right now, PSV are still plagued by the same problems that have ruined their title hopes in seasons past. They still have time to fix those problems, but I can't see it happening.

I expect PSV and Feyenoord to both be up there, but they won't win the league barring a major **** up from Ajax. The title is Ajax' to lose, IMO.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I used to watch Dutch highlights back when RvP was still at Feyenoord, nothing since then, but now that Sky Sports are going to be showing key games every week, I'm going to jump on the Eredivisie.

I'm guessing the games will be fast paced with teams packing alot of young talent.

Flow

Don't like the Eredivisie. Ajax is the superior club in every way possible.

Wouterus

In every way possible? hardly, they don't have the best academy or the most loyal fanbase, and in a few years they won't have the biggest stadium anymore.

To put Ajax' superiority into perspective: Over the last 10 years, Barcelona, Manchester united and Bayern Munchen have won more league titles than Ajax.

Uncle Mike

Established Member
Wouterus said:
In every way possible? hardly, they don't have the best academy or the most loyal fanbase, and in a few years they won't have the biggest stadium anymore.

To put Ajax' superiority into perspective: Over the last 10 years, Barcelona, Manchester united and Bayern Munchen have won more league titles than Ajax.
Yes, but Ajax have the advantage of -- Suarez aside -- not being dirty cheating bastards.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I watched the 2nd half and I thought Veltman who we've been linked with had an absolute horror show. From my limited viewing looks to have the same deficiencies in positioning as TV.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Moisander should really have scored, would have been 2-2 with 10 mins to go, the keeper might have had a feint touch though.

Great play up until he missed when on goal. Lots of decent young players on show.

Wouterus

Ajax could have gone up 2-0 as well right before the 1-1, Schöne missed a good chance.

Arsenal legend Nacer Barazite plays for FC Utrecht now and scored a nice goal against Feyenoord today.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
After Arsenal's nervous qualifier on Wednesday, the footballgods decided to test me a little more on Thursday.

Feyenoord played Lugansk in a EL qualifier. First leg was a goalless draw. Seemed all going smoothly when Feyenoord went 3-0 up just after HT. Guess not, the Ukranians came back to 3-3 and Feyenoord had to score with minutes left. In injury time Elvis Manu came up with the unlikely matchwinner.

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z0g8AuBc3k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z0g8AuBc3k</a>

Toast

Established Member
Uncle Mike said:
Are PSV going to run away with the league?

No. They usually start well then majorly **** up later in the season. I think Ajax will win it.

Pies

Really want to watch PSV and see how Narsingh is doing, been hearing some good things about him.

Read something about Van Basten having to take a leave from AZ due to a health issue. Doesn't sound good for him.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
What the hell is up with Lasse Schöne? He seems to score constantly for Ajax, but he literally gets absolutely no attention back here in Denmark.

I haven't seen much of him. Is he actually any good? He seems to have bloomed late as hell.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
1 of the better players in the Dutch league for quite a few years now. Had 4 good seasons at NEC (Actually was amazed he stayed at NEC for so long), before he earned his move to Ajax. Good abilty, smart player.

He picked up an injury last night, so he'll not be playing in this weekend's Dutch Klasieker Feyenoord v Ajax.

Politicians have decided that the no away fans policy for De Klassieker will not be changed in the near future.

Sunday 13.30 BST Feyenoord v Ajax

To get in the mood:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLJ8AekffyI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLJ8AekffyI</a>

Top Bottom