• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

DVD - Review of World Cup 2002

Asterix

Established Member
I have just watched this DVD again, and I thought I'd share some thoughts. It was a great tournament for a neutral, and for the atmosphere the Koreans (particularly) and the Japanese created. The DVD itself is very good - better than the All the Goals one (which I also have) as you get some of the otehr highlights as well, plus all the goals anyway (just not many replays of the goals).

England had themselves to blame for not trying to beat Nigeria in the last group game which would have led to them avoiding Brazil.

The officiating was dodgy at best. Italy were comprehensively robbed against the Koreans twice, plus Vieri can't kick an exercise ball with his right foot. Still, I don't like Italy much, and the resulting Ahn Jung Hwan thing with Perugia was quite funny in a sore loser type of way.

Henry IV

Asterix said:
"Hold the glasses back home ..............

You can smash them now!!!!!"

I remember that memorable piece of commentary. That World Cup was rubbish though. The last good one was in 1994. It was spoiled at the end, not by the shootout itself but because the shootout followed a 0-0 draw.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom