• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

"EA Sports Arsenal player of the month"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAK 14

Established Member
I think i'll vote for Gallas. He has been on top form since the start of the season, best in the league imo. Scored his fair share of goals too (even if the majority were lucky).

beck

Established Member
i voted for denilson who just edged it over our 2 cbs for me.
he scored our 1st goal and kicked off the line at everton and was superb.
[funny how the 1st 25 mins of the game many on here were straight into slag him off mode]
he had a good game at old trafford and was very good v portsmouth and celtic.
an unsung hero giving the fat lady a run for her money

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I don't expect many to agree with it, but it's an interesting opinion beck. I voted for Vermaelen but Denilson and Cesc were my candidates besides the two CBs. People have always been too quick to slag him off.

thegame24

Established Member
Denilson has been average bar the goal and line clearance.

Song, Fabregas, Sagna, Vermaelen and Gallas have all been outstanding, faultless and perfect in terms of their job, yet someone votes denilson?

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Vote for whomever you want, but Beck gave some good reasoning for why he voted for Denilson.

I don't see any reason for "lmao".

thegame24

Established Member
Cause its ridiculous and i hate the fact that people know gallas has been the best yet others are getting votes just because its gallas.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Beck is about the most unbiased fan on this forum. Besides there's been, what, three "votes" in here? Two for your boy Gallas and one for Denilson. Most people have acknowledged that Gallas has been superb thus far including his harshest critics, yet still the blind Denilson hate pervades.

In the end, it really does not matter who "wins".

beck

Established Member
thegame24 said:
Denilson has been average bar the goal and line clearance.

Song, Fabregas, Sagna, Vermaelen and Gallas have all been outstanding, faultless and perfect in terms of their job, yet someone votes denilson?
5 candidates for player of the month.
how good is that?
makes me very happy.
i guess its better to concentrate on a percieved negative though?
one man.one vote.
i put mine in denilsons box.
i liked the way he stood up for wilshere as well.
showed great team spirit.
signed............someone

Kain

Established Member
Gallas for me aswell, It could easily go to either centreback though. Gallas is playing like the world class defender we hoped we'd attained when he arrived, he looks amazingly focused and determined to prove a point, has settled in well with his new defensive partner & has made intelligent runs forward rather than headless chicken runs like we might associate with Kolo, he has also been a true menace in attacking set pieces which is good as our midfield are pathetic at doing this.

Denilson does deserve a shout aswell, theres a strong argument that he might not of even started this season had Nasri or Rosicky been fit, he's done a really good job in there with Song.

Hoboface

having been to every game this month bar everton, i think its a tough call - but clearly between gallas, vermaelen and song.

I actually really would like to vote for vermaelen first, as he's a new boy and looks like just the player we've all been craving, but the fact is that Song has been absolutely faultless from what i've seen, and bearing in mind there's alot of pressure on him (with every media man, talking head and fan going on about how he's not good enough in the close season, plus talk of him being in a clique with Ade and Kolo etc), i'm voting for him. He's really stood up as a major player. As one-time captains of Arsenal and Ajax, the other two should be expected to show more leadership, but Song has come from nowhere.

song. we've only got one song.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
It means "laughing my ass off".

Like Ton said, it's absolutely ridiculous how the hate for Denilson persists.

beck

Established Member
glad i,v made someone happy.
a misplaced pass though and im sure the gentleman will be in a pit of despair.

alboots101

Established Member
little boys and their internet toys....

they wont fight me though mr beck...;)

i defy anyone to tell me we had a better more consistent player last year and the kid is playing exactly the same way but the others have finally decided to step it up...so come boys...who`s up for a challenge...?

pmsl at the fanboys.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
alboots101 said:
little boys and their internet toys....

they wont fight me though mr beck...;)

i defy anyone to tell me we had a better more consistent player last year and the kid is playing exactly the same way but the others have finally decided to step it up...so come boys...who`s up for a challenge...?

pmsl at the fanboys.

Welll...okay, I'll say it - we had a better, more consistent player last year.

Denilson has been outstanding so far this season though...

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
van Persie was better. Almunia was consistently better. Arshavin was consistently amazing. Sagna and Song were good. Denilson didn't deserve half the criticism that was levelled at him, but he wasn't much better than consistently average (and I don't mean "average" as an insult, I just mean "average" as in average). He was okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom