• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nket14h: Answering The 📞 From England

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I can take the odd ineffective performance. But what I did not like was his wild swing in the first half. A premier league level striker should not be finishing like a sunday league player. And that too when he was like 10 yards away from goal

Even RVP had wild swings like that but because we created so much and he had 4-5 shots per game you only remember the 1 that went in the back of the net.

Even a striking great like Alan Shearer said sometimes it'll be 5 foot over the bar, sometimes it'll go in the top corner.

The problem today was not creating enough and getting suffocated. Give Eddie 4 chances today and we come away with a draw or a win

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Even RVP had wild swings like that but because we created so much and he had 4-5 shots per game you only remember the 1 that went in the back of the net.

Even a striking great like Alan Shearer said sometimes it'll be 5 foot over the bar, sometimes it'll go in the top corner.

The problem today was not creating enough and getting suffocated. Give Eddie 4 chances today and we come away with a draw or a win
Let's not compare Van Persie and Eddie's techniques. Eddie has never been a tehnically good striker of the ball. His strength is in anticipation in the box. You're not always going to get a lot of chances in every game. It's not even that he didn't score. It's how badly he missed. His technique will let him down in games like today where it's tight and cagey. Provided he struggles to offer more towards general play you'd expect him to be working on this part of his game

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I was at the game and had a great look at his play.

Several things that I have noticed:
With his chance, he had zero composure. He didn't even look at how the keeper positioned himself.
His technique is limited, kinda heavy touch resulting that we cannot transition fast enough.
And he is no danger in the air.

We should sell him next year when we have the chance and have Balogun as our second striker.
This has always been what he was since the academy though. He has improved as an athlete, looks stronger and quicker, but his technical ability has always been limited. He never strikes the ball cleanly, his touch is hit or miss, his link up has improved but still not on the same wavelength as Jesus. He can't dribble to save his life or create something out of nothing, doesn't have any creativity or flair.

Geofranco

It’s games like this why Jesus will always be rated more. Jesus would have created chances and beat players today
Jesus makes everyone better. He was by far our best player in the first half of the season, but people focused on his goal drought. Jesus, Partey, Saka, big Gabi, Ramsdale and Zinchenko are by far the most important players on the team.

Geofranco

Selling a young player when his stock is high? That’s very unlike Arsenal. I do believe one of him or Balogun has to be sold in the summer. Long term neither are good enough
Balogun has a high ceiling. He has more flair and dribbling ability than Nketiah. Very good movement, I think he can become a top player in his prime. He is still raw in some areas, but has enough in his game to be patient with him. It's hard to find top quality strikers.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He rushed the one chance but every striker has misses unless they’re Haaland.

Big issue today was we were too slow moving the ball into the box. We’d dominate possession second half and they’d have six men in the box.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
I can take the odd ineffective performance. But what I did not like was his wild swing in the first half. A premier league level striker should not be finishing like a sunday league player. And that too when he was like 10 yards away from goal

That’s the frustrating thing, he had enough time to get his head up and put it away. A striker for Arsenal should be putting that chance away with ease. Hit it low and hard across the keeper, no one is saving that

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

:lol: All it took was one game where everyone was bad, huh
That’s the problem when people don’t rate your talent, but you doing better than expected. You not gonna get benefit of doubt like Jesus because we can see his talent.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Right now none of our strikers are really proven to be prolific.

Jesus is a top quality forward player but this is his 1st season as a 1st choice striker. Before his injury he was on a barren run.

Eddie has shown he can score goals but whilst hes here he'll never be 1st choice unless hes filling in. We have seen him go on sprees but whether he could sustain it over a season ? I don't know.

Balogun. Hes doing it in France. Can he do it here ?

From the little I have seen of him, Balo seems to have more to his game & a bit of Wrighty about him. Clinical finisher, explosive & capable of spectacular goals out of half chances or nothing.

Eddie is an instinctive finisher & has good movement. (See Auba)

Jesus is technically excellent, has top dribbling ability & is good at link up play.

If only we could find someone who was all 3 in 1 ! The last striker who had all that was Aguero.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yes he skied his one shot but we didn’t create enough proper chances.

Everton were back in shape so quickly when they lost the ball we couldn’t get round them.

We settled for too many shots from outside the box. The Trossard and Zinchencko x2 shots were really f*cking annoying in the last 10 minutes.

Always look to work it back into play rather than smashing a low percentage shot.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
He rushed the one chance but every striker has misses unless they’re Haaland.

erling-haaland-miss-haaland-vs-liverpool.gif

Eddie will be fine.

Tnegs

He’s been excellent so far filling in for Jesus but in games like yesterday where you need a striker with better abilities at carrying the ball and playing outside the box/down the flanks Jesus would have made a much bigger difference.

TheDrunkenMaster

Jesus makes everyone better. He was by far our best player in the first half of the season, but people focused on his goal drought. Jesus, Partey, Saka, big Gabi, Ramsdale and Zinchenko are by far the most important players on the team.
No he wasn’t Ødegaard has been our best player this season. Take out one of Saka, Ødegaard and Partey and we would struggle. Without Jesus we have been doing fine.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Just seen Eddie's wild slash at the ball for his big chance....ouch !!!

You expect a lot better tbh. Artetas reaction summed it up.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom