• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nket14h: Answering The 📞 From England

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
People are saying it’s £80k but the £20k a week signing bonus over the duration of the contact takes it to 100k. 80 still seems like a lot to me.

Yeah, he's on what? 40?

Feel 60k + a mix of achiavable bonuses would be fine.

Reactions: A_G

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

The last rumour I saw for Sakas offer is 125k so if Eddie manages to get in sniffing distance of that he's a genius.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I remember some media outlets before adding signing on fees and bonuses to the overall "weekly wage" in order to sensationalise the story.

This is probably something similar. He was on 40k. It's probably went up to 70-80k and added the bonus etc on to make it a round 100k which will make the headline better.

Seen people posting about Diaz 56k, Mane 100k and all but no doubt that figure didn't add in the signing on fee and bonuses etc etc.

I also don't think his wages will be too much of a problem. The likes of West Ham/Palace etc could all afford to pay 60-70k a week and in a year or two more probably.

Gunners1616

They didn't even hesitate when they gave Cedric and Pablo Mari 4 years contracts so no surprise here.

Can't believe a club so big is relying on Edu/Mikel for these decisions.

They keep offering long term deals wily-nily. It is so obvious that Eddie was playing hard for his contract. Adebayor also used to turn into prime R9 when it was time for contract talks. Same with Alex Song and even Aubameyang.

Tom Mix

People are saying it’s £80k but the £20k a week signing bonus over the duration of the contact takes it to 100k. 80 still seems like a lot to me.
Not the same. It's easier to offload a player on 80k a week than on 100k whatever he's been paid as a signing on bonus.

Reactions: A_G

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
I thought this was always a win win since he has shown enough to have a decent resell value, but the 100k feels like if it doesn't work out it will be another contract we tear up because no one will pay him that wage plus a transfer fee. Hopefully it's just the bonuses factored in.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I thought this was always a win win since he has shown enough to have a decent resell value, but the 100k feels like if it doesn't work out it will be another contract we tear up because no one will pay him that wage plus a transfer fee. Hopefully it's just the bonuses factored in.
The thing is he will always have a worth in the transfer market. The wages are just something that we could work out with the buying club.

Palace offer 20m but problems with wages we say OK look we knock a couple of million off and they sort it out by giving him a bigger signing on fee and lower wage.

His wages are not so high that very few clubs can afford him. For example Danny Welbeck is on around 55k a week at Brighton. For them to maybe pay 60-70k for Eddie wouldn't be that hard.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
5 years is a lot but length of contracts don't mean too much these days. We have at least secured an asset who if we sell on we will get a fee for, rather than lose for nothing. If he doesn't perform & doesn't turn out to be the player we (Arteta mainly tho) hoped, we will have a player than could be difficult to move on..

Let's see....I really hope he proves the manager right & bangs em in for us.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Saka's agent IS Eddie's agent.
zac efron illuminati GIF by NEIGHBORS

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Our latest wagebill is in very healthy position we also going to lose pepe Leno and Lacazette who all 3 earn combined near 350k.

Media do make it worse sometimes . Saka and Martinelli don't earn that when signed new contract not long ago.

It's alot of money but kroenke pay it so who cares let Eddie enjoy his pay raise as long he continues improving on pitch
We had to release and pay players off because we paid stupid money. So now we got better finance we do the same exact mistake which was pay high wages if you don’t have to pay transfers. It’s false economy. You think 5 million a year for 5 years + 5 million bonus for nketiah being 30 million for 5 years is good

But what happens when the player shows he is not good enough and you can’t move him because clubs can’t match his wages? You pay him off like Özil, Auba, mustafi, kola etc etc. you also quickly raise the wage bill. Next talented kids agent will look at nketiah deal and say if you him 100k then my guy is worth more. This is short term thinking and plain lazy business

Top Bottom