• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nket14h: Answering The 📞 From England

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I'm not that surprised but at the same time I did think Eddie would do the smart thing and get outta dodge. Still, I'm backing Eddie to prove he's a much better player than given credit but I'm surprised he's staying and think that Arteta might shaft him depending on who the incoming striker is.

I'm happy but also concerned.

Remember what I said :lol:

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Smart business imo. English squad player, still very young, sell value should be decent if you decide to get rid if he performs even at just a similar level to what he did this season. Can't really see any negatives to this.

You're going to play a lot of games next season and Nketiah is easily good enough to play against a lot of the teams you'll be facing. Given his age it's also likely he'll improve, and considering his floor right now is good enough to be in the squad, it'd have to go really bad in some unexpected way for this deal to be a problem.

Game Over

Does this extension mean we’re only bringing in one striker then?

If it’s Eddie and Jesus next season I’ll be very disappointed.

Gursha

every one is ranting about this 100k sum for his new contract:
1. 100k is inc bonuses, every other club itw speaks without bonuses, but arsenal are easy bait
2. Even if it is true, now you get 0 for him right?
Lets assume he sucks for the next 2 years, thats 100(a week)*4(a month)*12(a year)*2(amount of years) = 9.6M Plus 5 signing bonus. Thats 14.6M paid.

So you wanna tell me we cant sell a player with 3 years of contract left and probably dozens of PL in his belt for 14.6m? While using him as squad player for 2 years? Plus the fact it concentrates more funds into a single world class striker this window?

Its a no brainer for me

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

5 years is a long time.

We actually need him to be a passable player at this level because we’ve locked him in as our number two with that contract.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
The reported wage is very high and think there’s a good chance we come to regret it in a years time. That being said, don’t think it would have been any cheaper to find an alternative that is certain to be better than Eddie, and he continues to fill a homegrown spot which is an added positive.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

It's a tractor beam, ffs.

Do you even science fiction?

Chris Kamara Unbelievable Jeff GIF

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
5 years is a long time.

We actually need him to be a passable player at this level because we’ve locked him in as our number two with that contract

It's a bit murky right now with the reporting but if the £100k figure thrown around includes bonuses etc, he's actually a pretty typical squad player wages, like 3rd choice at the CF. Wages have gone up quite a bit the last 5 years or so.

But your point still stands, it's a big enough chunk of the wage budget that he can't regress in any way. The level he showed towards the end of the season needs to be his floor, not his average over the duration of the contract. I think some people forget just how young he is though, myself included. If he adds on to the level he showed at the end of the season, he'd quickly become a player you could easily offload for £15m+ given his age, nationality etc, which makes the contract kind of irrelevant.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

This guy has god on his side ffs, look at the goals!? There is being a poacher, and then there is this...

Video should be edited to say "ALL 22 GOALS!...in 5 years". He & his camp have taken the club to the cleaners & by the sound of it, it's the one from Breaking Bad :lol:

VancouverCanuck

He will never be the main striker at a top club. By staying, he will likely get good minutes and play in Europa, which is nothing to be sneered at.

If this time next year, he's still happy with the minutes he gets, we can still sell to a mid-table team, where he can be a top striker as long as the wages are not outrageous.

And whether any mid-table team would buy him would tell us whether the wages are too high or not. I never trust the figures reported by "journalists".

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
If the manager rates him and feels this is good business too because his summer budgets are tight to find two strikers, then why not?

I think Eddie is a good player.
Really? If we had 11 players at his level, would we have a good team? Guy's not good enough. He might be a 3rd choice, unless he steps up big, but at current I really disagree with you.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Lacking ambition yet again. We needed to two new strikers, only happy with this if he is 3rd striker, but 100K/week means he is the second striker.

He did well at the end of the season but not sure he is ready for the responsibility of being Arsenal's main goal scorer. Jesus is going to go through a dry spell (he seems to score in patches) or is injured, and Eddie is the one who will be relied upon to score the goals. You can see the goal scoring issues for next yr already, the same issues as this ur will continue. Arteta likely to spend more money on CBs instead.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

every one is ranting about this 100k sum for his new contract:
1. 100k is inc bonuses, every other club itw speaks without bonuses, but arsenal are easy bait
2. Even if it is true, now you get 0 for him right?
Lets assume he sucks for the next 2 years, thats 100(a week)*4(a month)*12(a year)*2(amount of years) = 9.6M Plus 5 signing bonus. Thats 14.6M paid.

So you wanna tell me we cant sell a player with 3 years of contract left and probably dozens of PL in his belt for 14.6m? While using him as squad player for 2 years? Plus the fact it concentrates more funds into a single world class striker this window?

Its a no brainer for me
You say even if he sucks you can sell him for 14.6 million? We couldn’t sell anywhere close for that when he was breaking England u21 records. Now you have a player on 100k who sucked for 2 years? He will be loaned out and cover some of his wages like torreira

Latest posts+

Top Bottom