• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nket14h: Answering The 📞 From England

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I think it's nonsense to be honest, no disrespect. Without debating their abilities as defenders in comparison with today's players guys like Campbell, Toure or Gallas would all be as rapid now as they where back then if they where playing today. Walcott for example was going up against guys like Ashley Cole and Patrice Evra. You can't tell me those guys would be slouches in today's game.

I mean at this rate we're close to calling Lewandowski quicker than Henry simply because he plays football in the year 2022.

Read my other post, you're specifically highlighting elite players. Walcott wasn't playing against those guys every week. Don't measure the average by the top. They were elite for a reason.

I'm not downplaying Walcott's pace, I was just wondering if he'd look as fast in today's game given another poster said he was the fastest player ever, something I might actually agree with but I like to think of things critically.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It’s clear the media had a huge problem with Wenger- for obvious reasons. We were under extreme financial constraints back then but still made top 4 every year, instead of being lauded for that we were criticised vehemently.

Uncle Mikel is getting a much easier time by comparison. The athletic columnists, Neville and Carragher, Keown, Merson.. they’ve all be super kind to him.
Top posting.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Read my other post, you're specifically highlighting elite players. Walcott wasn't playing against those guys every week. Don't measure the average by the top. They were elite for a reason.

I'm not downplaying Walcott's pace, I was just wondering if he'd look as fast in today's game given another poster said he was the fastest player ever, something I might actually agree with but I like to think of things critically.

Their was loads of quick defenders throughout the league, not just the elite clubs. I'll name some randoms like Onuoha or Jagielka. One was very average and the other very good, both had bags of pace though and I'm supposed to believe they'd be slower because they played in 2008? Nah sorry but I'm not buying that.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

It’s clear the media had a huge problem with Wenger- for obvious reasons. We were under extreme financial constraints back then but still made top 4 every year, instead of being lauded for that we were criticised vehemently.

And even when Wenger got the money again, we immediately won 3 cups...

"Doesn't matter, has to win a league now"

...was all the praise he got from the press, ffs.

While Poch was being compared to prime Wenger by the media, but winning even less than "past it" Wenger.

Really was a mad time, looking back :lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
:lol: I never realised everyone was playing walking football back then.
Their was loads of quick defenders throughout the league, not just the elite clubs. I'll name some randoms like Onuoha or Jagielka. One was very average and the other very good, both had bags of pace though and I'm supposed to believe they'd be slower because they played in 2008? Nah sorry but I'm not buying that.
Here’s Theo winning the 2008 Arsenal speed competition (Sorry no cameras in those days)

2-DAEDCEB-8-B3-F-4-D8-B-99-BB-D0894-CB7-AE66.jpg

GDeep™

League is very weak

Uncle Mikel is getting a much easier time by comparison. The athletic columnists, Neville and Carragher, Keown, Merson.. they’ve all been super kind to him.
Wenger was a victim of his own success I feel. Everyone started expecting miracles and getting overly harsh.

Was the first influential foreigner in England, the media in the early days were clearly borderline xenophobic. Later on he got painted as a moaning Frenchman when he complained about refs and his players getting elbowed, having their legs broken etc.

Riou

Wenger was a victim of his own success I feel. Everyone started expecting miracles and getting overly harsh.

Was the first influential foreigner in England, the media in the early days were clearly borderline xenophobic. Later on he got painted as a moaning Frenchman when he complained about refs and his players getting elbowed, having their legs broken etc.

The media will just never get over the fact, that the best English club side of all time...is basically a French one (Arsenal 2001-2005) love it!

Riou

Back to Eddie...is he still switching to Ghana?

Want as many Arsenal players at the World Cup as possible.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

You don't judge the general level by the extremes on either end; there'll always be outliers. Since you follow NBA stuff, I'll take an example from that: Wilt Chamberlain was an insanely athletic big man, would still be considered extremely gifted physically in today's game, but surely you agree that the average physical level of the players he went up against were miles behind the current NBA.

You'll always have elite players doing elite things, but that's not really an indication of the average. The amount of Premier League CBs right now that are able to move quickly, play the ball out from the back and also be decent in the air is staggering compared to the late 2000s.

Keep in mind I was just wondering how much of a difference it made as Walcott truly was elite in terms of pace. Walcott would be rapid in any era of any sport, he wasn't just elite at full sprint but has insane acceleration as well.

Well yeah the standard of the NBA is better than back then but Wilt was probably so naturally talented if you gave him the development opportunities and sport science that the likes of Dwight Howard had then he’d probably still be an elite player.

It’s a circular argument because I specifically meant a measurable quantity like top speed.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Nah **** Rashford for that, sending ten lawyers after some regarded kid in Egypt for typing some ridiculous nonsense allthewhile he's called the worst racist **** by his fellow English man and (rightly) ignores it.

Just log off you dickhead.

It is unclear if the lawsuit was launched by Rashford himself. The companies that manage Manchester United players' social media accounts have been asked to report any racist or harmful messages, and it is likely these companies that initiated the lawsuit on his behalf, according to Arabi 21.

ArtetaOut

Club and its fans are a ****ing disgrace now. Imagine groveling to a championship standard player like Nketiah, begging him to stay and being demanded to show ****ing gratitude to someone who has done **** all and getting 100k a week. **** off. Even ****ing Pukki is a better player. This club now eludes a ****ing loser mentality from top to bottom. To the sycophants in here you can enjoy your ****ing mediocrity in the coming years

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Back to Eddie...is he still switching to Ghana?

Want as many Arsenal players at the World Cup as possible.

If Southgate didn't sign that extension I'd advise him to hold out, but there's no way he's ever dropping Kane so maybe switched might be the best option. Not that I really believe international football should be treated like this but if he wants to play I think Ghana is the best option with Southgate as England manager.

Riou

If Southgate didn't sign that extension I'd advise him to hold out, but there's no way he's ever dropping Kane so maybe switched might be the best option. Not that I really believe international football should be treated like this but if he wants to play I think Ghana is the best option with Southgate as England manager.

I would rather play for Ghana than England, tbh.

The chance to play with Thomas "Mr Vibez" Partey, for both club and country, would be amazing!

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
I would rather play for Ghana than England, tbh.

The chance to play with Thomas "Mr Vibez" Partey, for both club and country, would be amazing!
Yeah he will be vibin for Eddie, on the sidelines injured ffs

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

Yeah 100%. A mysterious Frenchman, signing foreign players, playing unique football and being SUCCESSFUL? Rattled too many cages.

I still remember Stoke fans mimicking him. On MOTD Lineker and co found it hilarious. Would’ve liked to see the reaction if it was Sir Alex Ferguson getting taken the piss out of.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Question we should be asking is , how would Henry , Walcott etc go against the high lines they have now 🤣.
No quicker player than Henry with or without the ball .

Top Bottom