• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nket14h: Answering The 📞 From England

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Obviously that's going a bit far but you can't argue with that comp. Right from pre-season could see that he had gone up a level - plays with a strength and power to his game now which he needed as a loan CF. From a tiny sample size, his under-lying numbers were elite last season, up there with all of the big hitters that we were linked with. It's a gamble but I'm never going to complain about giving an academy player a shot when he's been performing. Could be our next Ian Wright 🙏

Keplaz

He looked like a different player. Stronger, faster. Hungry. New contract may have been a masterstroke. But time will tell.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Remember when all the forum hated him and i was the only person to never say anything negative/abuse/mock him?

It is very cult like a lot of the turnaround on him. He was one of those Arteta was being forced to use because he didn't have the players a year ago. Now he's the best thing ever because he's signed a new deal. Fear for the lad if he hasn't banged them in by Christmas.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I said a couple of seasons ago that he needed to bulk up to be a first team player. He has always shone at youth level for club and country but at that level defenders aren't built like VVD, so he was able to shine. He started getting appearances in PL but didn't make an impact. That all changed last season, and this is one of the main reasons.

1657364899176.png

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Don't read too much into it, you already made the same mistake last year.

Man just loves a preseason, then he'll have you sighing in defeat whenever he comes on to the pitch on official games

Eddie's got that lucky Suarezesq luck where any bouncing ball seems to end in his path! Fingers crossed he gets to his level someday.

Badger_Revenge

Where Eddie really frustrates me is his hold up and combination play. The ball really needs to stick to him more. But yesterday, he combined really well with Jesus. I had not thought of playing two strikers before seeing that chemistry.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Perhaps a bit overstated, but certainly getting him to sign a new contract after his progress in the spring was a big coup value-wise, would've hurt to see a young, talented CF go for free, and it vindicated them a bit for not being more aggressive in finding him a move last summer.

Arteta has done a good job with him, and it's clear he's rated his ability from the start, as he brought him back from loan when he first became manager.

It's weird how little willingness there is to give credit to Arteta for his work with young players, when Saka, ESR, Nketiah, Martinelli, Ødegaard, and Gabriel have all really matured their games under his presence...but I digress, so is this forum with Arteta, everything is viewed through a rabid dog's lens.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I wish we could tweak our formation a bit and play with 2 forwards. Both Eddie and Martinelli would profit from that and looks like Jesus is enjoying it as well

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
The style of player he is, it’s more about mobility and reactions.
He needs to be more involved in the build-up game, his holding the ball game and connections all can improve, but the talent was always there, he just needed consistency.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thought Eddie's link up play improved a huge amount when he got his run in the team. He was an option short and in behind, and started scoring goals in the league. He's a good player imo, would have been stupid loosing him on a free.

Top Bottom