• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nket14h: Answering The 📞 From England

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
If you want to chase the title, then Eddie alone isnt going to be enough. He will bring a different dimension to our CF role but we also need some more of what Jesus brings to the table, which is the creativity and ability to disrupt defensive lines both in attack and defense (pressing).

Go for Memphis on loan, and Mudryk upfront. That should give us a fighting chance and allows us to continue playing as we do. More importantly it gives us room to breathe in case Jesus doesnt come back this season.

Morata (loan), Abraham, Vlahovic (unlikely I think), would be interesting as well, although they would force us to adjust our style a bit.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I have faith on Eddie but we i mean Arteta specially he'll need to change his style of play because can't do the things Jesus do at Arsenal he can't dribble 2 players with ease his link up and hold up play is not close to Jesus as well.

There is definitely a drop in quality but the overall premise of leading the press, being smart with possession, rotating with the forwards Eddie can do that in his sleep. The basic idea is still intact. Top 4 with the squad as it stands is still intact.

The stuff Jesus was doing was a nice bonus and entertainment but I suspect Eddie would have scored more by now if he were in his shoes the entire time.

If Eddie is given the extended run out we are expecting he will have to simply have to accept it if he fails to convince. These were the kind of questions we had about this squad and Arteta that we have been wondering the entire season. I feel like there's a faint silver lining here.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If you want to chase the title, then Eddie alone isnt going to be enough. He will bring a different dimension to our CF role but we also need some more of what Jesus brings to the table, which is the creativity and ability to disrupt defensive lines both in attack and defense (pressing).

Go for Memphis on loan, and Mudryk upfront. That should give us a fighting chance and allows us to continue playing as we do. More importantly it gives us room to breathe in case Jesus doesnt come back this season.

Morata (loan), Abraham, Vlahovic (unlikely I think), would be interesting as well, although they would force us to adjust our style a bit.

Mudryk up front in the PL? Come on let’s be serious, he’s a winger coming from Ukrainian league, he would require time to adapt to playing his natural position in England, let alone playing striker.

Where are all the CFs? It’s like they’ve disappeared. Tbh I’d take Morata on loan, he has experience and he’s an actual CF.

SA Gunner

Mudryk up front in the PL? Come on let’s be serious, he’s a winger coming from Ukrainian league, he would require time to adapt to playing his natural position in England, let alone playing striker.

Where are all the CFs? It’s like they’ve disappeared. Tbh I’d take Morata on loan, he has experience and he’s an actual CF.

Yeah I didnt suggest Mudryk would play as our CF immediately, but be an attacking option for our front line, and rotation for Saka and Martinelli, along with Smith Rowe and Nelson.

But I have suggested Mudryk as a CF in the past, in the future. But that would be in the future. Like Martinelli, I dont think they are ready for a move to the middle now.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Morata is a complete embarrassment even on loan, I really hope Arteta looks for solutions inhouse before turning to him.

ESR on the left and Martinelli upfront if Eddie doesn't work, ESR false 9 etc. This is the stuff I've been waiting to see from Arteta. He has options he's not completely effed just yet but lets see if he's more resourceful than 2 years ago.

If he does that first and has Morata as a safety net that's the only scenario I wouldn't mind. All the lads at the club have done more than enough to atleast get a chance before we turn to the Moratas and Depays.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
There is definitely a drop in quality but the overall premise of leading the press, being smart with possession, rotating with the forwards Eddie can do that in his sleep. The basic idea is still intact. Top 4 with the squad as it stands is still intact.

The stuff Jesus was doing was a nice bonus and entertainment but I suspect Eddie would have scored more by now if he were in his shoes the entire time.

If Eddie is given the extended run out we are expecting he will have to simply have to accept it if he fails to convince. These were the kind of questions we had about this squad and Arteta that we have been wondering the entire season. I feel like there's a faint silver lining here.
I don't believe they bring similar qualities to the table as you do, but in-form Eddie does secure the top 4.

Now, Arteta needs to play Eddie every game, the same player who was on the bench so fat Laca could have his final months stinking the place, so I just don't feel there is this trust between Eddie and Micky

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I just don't feel there is this trust between Eddie and Micky

Whenever Arteta has had his back to the wall and he's reluctantly thrown in a Hale End product it's usually worked out to date.

The quality is not the same, but the game plan still is and I think Arteta's system can carry players to an extent if they just do their role to the best of their ability.

The trust thing is true, but it doesn't matter football is all about seizing your opportunities when you get them. An important question will be asked of Eddie now, lets see what he does first before assuming the worst.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I don't want people to think I'm this massive Eddie believer or backing him because he's black or whatever, like this situation isn't great.

Just back the players man, they've gotten us this far. They've all shown improvement whether we rate them or not. Grinding my teeth as I type this but Arteta's system is actually pretty good and fit for the modern game.

Give the lads a chance, I think Eddie can do it. Whilst he doesn't have the pizzazz of Jesus he certainly has the minerals.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Really hoping you're actually being sarcastic/snide here, as it increases the chances of Eddie turning up.
Nah I actually think Eddie has it in his because he's better when given a run of games and might be a better finisher than Gabby. Also we gave him a 5 year contract on big money for moments like this and he's always wanted more playing time.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I don't want people to think I'm this massive Eddie believer or backing him because he's black or whatever, like this situation isn't great.

Just back the players man, they've gotten us this far. They've all shown improvement whether we rate them or not. Grinding my teeth as I type this but Arteta's system is actually pretty good and fit for the modern game.

Give the lads a chance, I think Eddie can do it, whilst he doesn't have the pizzazz of Jesus he certainly has the minerals.
Jesus was always gonna get injured anyway and it's moments like this why Eddie got a long contract, it's on Arteta if it doesn't work but this is what Eddie is here for. He's got a strong mentality as well he's from ends none of this soft cry baby stuff which is why I like him.

SA Gunner

Eddie has the intelligence, physicality, energy and speed to play as our CF. There is no question there. He is very close to Jesus in what we want from our CF.

The difference is, that with losing Jesus you are losing your shot at the title, that's how important he is to our system. Go back and watch back our goals so far this season. He isnt scoring as much yes, but his contributions are priceless.

With Eddie, we are top four guaranteed, second guaranteed I'd say. He has the quality to fit in and contribute to our system in a top top way. But he isnt Jesus (yet), and that will be the difference if we want to go against City for this IMO.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
But he isnt Jesus (yet), and that will be the difference if we want to go against City for this IMO.
There was never a chance, we have some advantage but over a long season City has the squad to deal with it and we don't. I'm more worried about the EL, that was our chance to win something big and we'll need all of our key players for that, and there is a chance Jesus will be back in time for it

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

People shouldn't forget about ESR coming back in terms of giving us a spark and something different. People are getting too fixated on someone replicating exactly what Jesus can do, no one's going to do it and I don't even believe Arteta is gonna ask Nketiah to play exactly like Jesus does or whoever else decides to play there. It's about replacing the creativity and spark Jesus gives our attacking play and it can be done in other ways than someone replicating the exactly role he does for the team.

I'd be more looking at the fact that he's essentially our leader from the front and you're now looking at some of the younger lads to step up.

D

Deleted member 102404

I have faith on Eddie but we i mean Arteta specially he'll need to change his style of play because can't do the things Jesus do at Arsenal he can't dribble 2 players with ease his link up and hold up play is not close to Jesus as well.
He’s a good dribbler, really fast and and his link up play has been really good. What have you been watching?

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright
Top Bottom