• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nket14h: Answering The 📞 From England

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Still runs in straight lines to beat his man, which is always a sign of a limited player. He doesn't live for football, it's a job for him and that's why there is no progress in his game. No flair, no imagination, and no skill in his game. Another robot who will score a few goals here and there but definitely not something we need, and after watching Jesus for months, I can't force myself to watch players like Nketiah again.

Not sure what's gonna happen with Balogun, but at least there is a spark in his game

What a take. I would bet that its based on preconceived ideas and biases against the player.

Think you are going to disappear soon, because I just cant see you putting up your hand and admitting you were wrong once Eddie proves you completely wrong. You'll just exit the scene and show up again if Eddie makes a mistake somewhere.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
What a take. I would bet that its based on preconceived ideas and biases against the player.

Think you are going to disappear soon, because I just cant see you putting up your hand and admitting you were wrong once Eddie proves you completely wrong. You'll just exit the scene and show up again if Eddie makes a mistake somewhere.
Wow, so basically you have nothing against my opinion, just some generic rubbish.

Your post is actually funny because I was one of the first supporters of Eddie on this forum, even before he joined the first team. I do like to draw a line and see how he progressed, and that's the point I can't see it anymore with him.

You are right about one thing though, Eddie did prove me wrong already, I was expecting a lot since he was 17 and he didn't meet my expectations, but I don't mind you guys waiting until he is 30, it's just not gonna be me

SA Gunner

Wow, so basically you have nothing against my opinion, just some generic rubbish.

Your post is actually funny because I was one of the first supporters of Eddie on this forum, even before he joined the first team. I do like to draw a line and see how he progressed, and that's the point I can't see it anymore with him.

You are right about one thing though, Eddie did prove me wrong already, I was expecting a lot since he was 17 and he didn't meet my expectations, but I don't mind you guys waiting until he is 30, it's just not gonna be me

Yeah I wasnt sure if you were serious to be honest. Hence my initial comments.

Running straight equates to limited technical ability? I mean that's new to me. Are you taking a specific performance into consideration or are you looking at his overall game? Also, how does specific tactical plans against the opponent fit into your analysis of the player. And even more so, when Eddie comes on when the game is towards the end and there are specific requirements at play.

What I've seen from this player is an improvement in his movement on and off the ball. Improvements in how the player looks to respect tight spaces and that he doesnt have much of it to work with, and a focus on getting into areas to take advantage.

Goals scored towards the back end of last season, when he replaced Lacazette, and his cameos in cup runs (I forget that hattrick he scored somewhere last year) all begin to show the improvements in his game. It goes beyond that of course, and that's what drives my confidence in him.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Running straight equates to limited technical ability? I mean that's new to me.
It isn't new to me, he is 23 and still can't create space for himself, and I don't care if he will create that space through physical superiority as Auba did or if he needs to put extra effort into his training and find a technical solution for it. Either way, it's not happening, he is easy to block and very predictable with his movement.

The only thing that's going his way is that he is from the academy, and I'm a bit soft on them

SA Gunner

It isn't new to me, he is 23 and still can't create space for himself, and I don't care if he will create that space through physical superiority as Auba did or if he needs to put extra effort into his training and find a technical solution for it. Either way, it's not happening, he is easy to block and very predictable with his movement.

The only thing that's going his way is that he is from the academy, and I'm a bit soft on them

He cant create space for himself? Ok, watch this video.

Focus on his ability in tight spaces (receiving under pressure and leaving pressure), link up play, and your key point... creating space for himself. We can ignore his pace and power for the moment.

And you know what's the best part of this video? Its last season.

I've got a lot of faith in this kid. Sure he isnt Jesus... its hard to replace that level of quality, but like Lokonga, I feel there is a lot to work with.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Focus on his ability in tight spaces (receiving under pressure and leaving pressure), link up play, and your key point... creating space for himself. We can ignore his pace and power for the moment.

I've got a lot of faith in this kid. Sure he isnt Jesus... its hard to replace that level of quality, but like Lokonga, I feel there is a lot to work with.
He also can’t shoot clean when he gets a chance. Constantly fluff his shot. Get rid

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
His goals are usually from mistakes or tap ins. Going to need a striker with more to his game then him. I get behind him for the coming games but we need better.
Yeah but he can be provoking those mistakes and his movement can be getting him in positions to tap in. Can't criticise him for that.

My problem with him is he didn't set the EL alight. People say he was playing with a weaker Arsenal, but they fail to mention he was playing against significantly worse opposition. He's also been super ineffective as a sub. Again that is difficult to come on and score but that's his job and other subs manage to contribute.

Jesus gets praise when he doesn't score because he assists and produces moments for others to score.

If Eddie does the same brilliant. He doesn't have to score loads just contribute enough to get us the wins we need. Fingers crossed. I like the boy I just don't think he's good enough and hasn't really shown us much this season when given the opportunity. Time for him to step up.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
He's definitely not gonna replicate Jesus but if he's able to play at the level he showed last season, we will be fine. We definitely need to adjust the way we play because of what we will miss with Jesus but that's Arteta's job and I trust him to do that at least to ensure top 4.

bergholt

I don’t understand all the complaining about Eddie seeing as he’s had no consistent minutes. The real question mark is if Jesus is durable or not, 45m plus 260k is a big investment in a player, need them to be able to play the majority of the season.
Only really a medium-large investment in this day and age. Relatively low fee, relatively high wage, but not super high. Saka and Saliba will both re-sign for numbers approaching that.

MATHEO

watching this made me think that I found the exception to "Youtube compilations can make anyone look like he's world class"

SA Gunner

watching this made me think that I found the exception to "Youtube compilations can make anyone look like he's world class"

Guess he wont convince you then.

Bucephalus

Hope so too but based on these last few games, i doubt it. Hope he's just holding back.
1. Everything about Eddie's career to date says he's a goal box sniper. And he has the hold-up play now, too. I rate him to get three or four tap ins in January getting to play with Ødegaard, Saka, and Martinelli rather than our Europa League squad.

2. Eddie has a truly ridiculous number of hit goalposts over the last couple of years. A few inches here or there and we might consider him an elite finisher already.

He's got his chance, and I'm excited to see what happens.

MATHEO

Guess he wont convince you then.
He's good at finishing and movement inside the box and expect him to get a few goals, but he's nowhere near Jesus' levels in terms of what he brings to the team in terms of link up play and taking on players

The frustration comes is that we are in a title charge with City who have Haaland and Alvarez, and we might end up fielding a striker who (genuinely dont think anyone would disagree with this fact) wouldn't start for Fulham for the next 3 months !. Its not Eddies fault that we are short in options and I will support him and hopefully he proves me wrong and plays much better than last season but I'm being realistic of expectations of him and the team with him starting.

Top Bottom