• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nket14h: Answering The 📞 From England

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Behind Jesus I'll take Eddie as a striker. Jesus offers that wide option as well so they could play together.

What we need in addition is a tall, pacey, link up striker like Tammy, Nunes, Osimhen. We need that dynamic in our game I feel.
You don’t think nketiah got assurances only one striker will come in and he will get plenty of playing time? Would he sign if he knew two strikers would come in and he be 3rd choice

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Calvert-Lewin depend on fee. We still need 3 more forwards even if Eddie signs we have only 4 forward players I'm counting laca out and pepe who is leaving as well. Origi signed for Milan

If Nketiah stays, which is now looking likely, we’ll probably sign Jesus and that’ll be that on the striker front. We may possibly add a winger if we can manage to shift Pepe. Disappointing stuff.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
"He was coveted by numerous clubs, including Crystal Palace, but he will now stay at the Emirates Stadium."

Is this line supposed to make it feel like we've pulled off some kind of coup be resigning in the face of such elite clubs?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

"He was coveted by numerous clubs, including Crystal Palace, but he will now stay at the Emirates Stadium."

Is this line supposed to make it feel like we've pulled off some kind of coup be resigning in the face of such elite clubs?
Think West Ham was interested too to be fair. Which is the best option in terms of prem clubs and chances of starting in my opinion.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

He’s actually going to sign a 5 year contract? Dafuqqqqqqqqq

These Elneny and Nketiah new deals pretty much signal this club is going nowhere imo. From Henry, RVP, Adebayor, Aubameyang to promising Nketiah he’ll be leading the line 🤣🤣

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He’s actually going to sign a 5 year contract? Dafuqqqqqqqqq

These Elneny and Nketiah new deals pretty much signal this club is going nowhere imo. From Henry, RVP, Adebayor, Aubameyang to promising Nketiah he’ll be leading the line 🤣🤣
Makes me wonder if some of these guys would have been told to gtfo if the club actually landed CL.

It's an Europa level squad as it stands, these guys are appropriate cover it's more who is brought in for the starting 11.

If Laca was anything other than embarrassing he probably gets the extension too.

Malky

Established Member
A 5 year deal? What the ****. Apart from a couple of very scrappy goals and covering more distance than Laca (wouldn't be hard) what did Eddie show in his run of games that deserves a 5 year deal?
This lad is the English Yaya Sanogo and we're out here offering mad, desperate deals like he's peak Adebayor.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If Nketiah stays, which is now looking likely, we’ll probably sign Jesus and that’ll be that on the striker front. We may possibly add a winger if we can manage to shift Pepe. Disappointing stuff.
That's still very short remember we in Europe 6 forwards won't be enough we had 6 forwards this season and we couldn't make it through saka looked done ESR looked done. We need to add another striker or a winger can't keep running saka esr and Martinelli into ground.

D

Deleted member 102404

I think, overall, it's good news if he is staying - or rather I should say good news if he is signing a new 5 yr contract.
Even if he doesn't make it with us, we now have an asset again if he signs - one that can be sold instead of leaving for some arbitration fee.

Scores 20 across all competitions next year - which I think is possible with Europa, league and both domestic cups, and he's going to be worth £30m

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Makes me wonder if some of these guys would have been told to gtfo if CL actually did get landed.

He would have kept them, I think. This sort of thing has been a constant cycle at Arsenal, they play well for a few games then the club/fans get gassed and they offer the fringe players a new deal.

Laca probably would have had a chance of staying if he had that form during the winter period at the end of the season. It’s all about timing the form to suit the contract talks, that’s what Nketiah and Elneny’s contracts have been based on, not the whole season or few years but 3 or 4 games.

Once again, it makes me question the planning at the club or whether they even know what they’re doing.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Think West Ham was interested too to be fair. Which is the best option in terms of prem clubs and chances of starting in my opinion.
Yeah West Ham would have been good for him kind of dumb he didn't move to them, but we've no doubt offered him better in terms of wages/sign on fee.

I think he's proper average. Can't remember watching a single game of his for us an being impressed by him. Don't mind him staying as long as we sign an additional 2 forward/attacking options because the current lot we have + just 1 new signing is MILES off fixing our dreadful Arteta managed attack.

How knows, maybe with a run of games Eddie will blossom. I still watch Harry Kane and think he looks **** at virtually every facet of the attacking game but somehow he scores goals and I'm genuinely baffled by it.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
He would have kept them, I think. This sort of thing has been a constant cycle at Arsenal, they play well for a few games then the club/fans get gassed to offer the fringe players a new deal.

Laca probably would have had a chance of staying if he had that form during the winter period at the end of the season. It’s all about timing the form to suit the contract talks, that’s what Nketiah and Elneny’s contracts have been based on, not the whole season or few years but 3 or 4 games.

Once again, it makes me questioning the planning at the club or whether they even know what they’re doing.

They’ve been trying to get Eddie to sign for months, way before he was starting any games. Eddie is probably more open to staying after his recent game time and the club probably upped their offer a bit. This willingness to keep him (from the clubs side) doesn’t really have anything to do with recent form.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He would have kept them, I think. This sort of thing has been a constant cycle at Arsenal, they play well for a few games then the club/fans get gassed and they offer the fringe players a new deal.

Once again, it makes me question the planning at the club or whether they even know what they’re doing.

These guys they all seem like hardworking decent fellas and for where Arsenal currently operate they are appropriate cover?

My beef is as long as these kind of players stay at the club though, Arteta gets away with it. There will come a time when two/three of these man have to play and when that happens, it's like we have no right to win any football matches.

Coming up to 3 years I've been watching this pattern. Very frustrating.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I know it’s all in hindsight but how many contracts extension have we got hugely wrong over the years?

Auba and Özil are probably the ones that come to mind straight away but how about Theo Walcott signing that new deal? Adebayor?

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
That's still very short remember we in Europe 6 forwards won't be enough we had 6 forwards this season and we couldn't make it through saka looked done ESR looked done. We need to add another striker or a winger can't keep running saka esr and Martinelli into ground.

The way Arteta probably sees it.

LW: Jesus, Martinelli, ESR
RW: Saka, Pepe/or new winger
ST: Nketiah, Jesus, Balogun

I hope you’re right though we really need more quality fire power.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I know it’s all in hindsight but how many contracts extension have we got hugely wrong over the years?

Auba and Özil are probably the ones that come to mind straight away but how about Theo Walcott signing that new deal? Adebayor?

Even the small ones like us extending guys like Rosicky and Arteta for another year just for them to live in the treatment room.

The amount of times we’ve turned down cash offers for players as well only for their value to them tank is just ridiculous.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom