• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nket14h: Answering The 📞 From England

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
not convinced he's all that. Balogun was supposed to be better.
He isn't. He does nothing at anywhere near an elite level. He is average at best in every category except apparently convincing a moronic manager to waste money extending him.

Fabregasm

He isn't. He does nothing at anywhere near an elite level. He is average at best in every category except apparently convincing a moronic manager to waste money extending him.
Can't even get ahead of his 2 other on loan strikers for consistent place in starting 11 in Boro is a red flag to me

Fabregasm

100k is definitely too much but would love to see academy product of our own succeed. Just hope he's not another Özil and Auba that drops form for good after signing big contract extension. (Calm down Auba fans I know it's Tet's fault)

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
if we had got into champions league , do you honestly believe he would have been given a contract.
Not qualifying will seriously stop us attracting the elite level , I’m still gutted about it
One minute he can't get a game and the next he is getting a 5-year contract, talk about desperation, I don't think he is good enough for a 5-year contract. Only players after the big payday will come to us with this failure in charge the ones who want to win anything will go elsewhere.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
He is a good rotational player who will get minutes in the domestic cups and Europa league. He understands our system and plays well in it. Think its a fair deal overall as I believe the 100k is based on targets achieved. So an incentive scheme to push him really, lets hope he rises to the challenge and not relax now.

The only concern for me is that we need 2 extra forwards, like a Tammy and Jesus for example. Then we are stronger upfront.

Last edited:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

if we had got into champions league , do you honestly believe he would have been given a contract.
Not qualifying will seriously stop us attracting the elite level , I’m still gutted about it
100% he would have. The CL will be excuse to hide behind though about how we have no choice but to give nketiah 100k a week. We were never gonna buy many players and certainly not 2-3 strikers. So they gave him an offer he couldn’t refuse

We miss out on CL because we have too many nketiahs and El nenys. Offering both new deal doesn’t exactly improve our chances next seas

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
He is a good rotational player who will get minutes in the domestic cups and Europa league. He understands our system and plays well in it. Think its a fair deal overall as I believe the 100k is based on targets achieved.

The only concern for me is that we need 2 extra forwards, like a Tammy and Jesus for example. Then we are stronger upfront.
If Eddy signs we will not get two extra forwards as he will be one of them, then god forbid the main striker gets injured then we are back to square 1

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
If Eddy signs we will not get two extra forwards as he will be one of them, then god forbid the main striker gets injured then we are back to square 1

That's why I am leaning towards two forwards coming in. Auba and Lacazette are gone, Jesus replaces Laca, Eddy keeps his place in the squad.

But yes, if we only do Jesus and Eddy, we arent going to improve much IMO.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

When they sacrificed Auba and paid him off and jeopardised the season. If we were told Jesus and nketiah are the strikers you will go will next season

I don’t think a single person would be impressed

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

That's why I am leaning towards two forwards coming in. Auba and Lacazette are gone, Jesus replaces Laca, Eddy keeps his place in the squad.
Yeah wishful thinking. Laca was second choice and will be replaced by 50 million striker? Nketiah stays exactly where he was as 3rd choice and only changed his mind because of money? Arteta has said several times he wants to play and that’s why a deal can’t be agreed

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Eddie is Artetas perfect striker, runs his socks off, runs the channels, drops deep, has decent physical attributes and can turn on the ball. Isn't amazing when it comes to linking up but fairly passable. He'll do all this no questions asked. We've ready seen Mik values this over being an actual game winning CF who'll score 20+ a season.

And if you think we're going out and signing two CFs after this you're going to be very disappointed.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
People acting like 100k a week is a lot in modern football. If you're a PL striker that scores 10 goals a season, you can expect at least twice that. How much is Laca on?

As long as Eddie is there to compliment a new striker, such as Jesus. I have no problem with this at all.

• Dislike
Reactions: Kav

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I’m happy Eddie stays, pace, pressing and poaching, clearly good enough to have a role in this squad.

And yeah the price seems high but what are you going to do with a manager learning on the job? Could have played him more spread out over his tenure and Eddie’s demands would have been way different. Now he’s only staying because we pay more than anybody else and rightfully so. Can’t blame him.

D

Deleted member 102404

This will be hated as football fans generally prefer new toys. He’s likely got a huge signing on fee for this, hence the 5 years.

If we’d used that on some second rate striker from a weaker league fans would be ecstatic at another prospect. Was the same last year with Balogun’s emergence.

It’s might not be exciting but he has proven capable.

It’s human nature I guess.
I agree though, ‘new’ tends to get people excited.
I think Eddie has everything needed to score goals. Happy if we’re signing him up.

gamechannel

every one is ranting about this 100k sum for his new contract:
1. 100k is inc bonuses, every other club itw speaks without bonuses, but arsenal are easy bait
2. Even if it is true, now you get 0 for him right?
Lets assume he sucks for the next 2 years, thats 100(a week)*4(a month)*12(a year)*2(amount of years) = 9.6M Plus 5 signing bonus. Thats 14.6M paid.

So you wanna tell me we cant sell a player with 3 years of contract left and probably dozens of PL in his belt for 14.6m? While using him as squad player for 2 years? Plus the fact it concentrates more funds into a single world class striker this window?

Its a no brainer for me
Except no one would pay 100k a week for a player who's sucked for 2 years in your scenario. They might (a big might) pay the 15 million transfer fee but they'd expect him to take a huge pay cut which he won't and we'd have the Özil/Auba situation again where we'd have to pay him to leave or send him on a subsidized loan deal where we'd pay a big chunk of his transfer fee.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom