• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nket14h: Answering The 📞 From England

Wagwaan

Facts. Laca had some good link up play for a few games and was given far too much time when his form stopped. Slowed our game down too much and looked like he had lost all his confidence in his ability to score goals.

Arteta dropped the ball not bringing Nketiah into the team sooner.

It was frustrating we couldn't get someone in January, but I'm with the agreement that if you can't get the right quality in then don't get anyone in at all.

Never said he was prolific
I hate this "Laca has no confidence" BS excuse for him.

He's never been a prolific goalscorer, we can't say he lacked confidence throughout his whole career - doesn't make sense.

Much more obvious to say he just isn't prolific and move on with our lives.

Never said he was prolific. But you can't tell me that he didn't have more confidence in himself to strike the ball when he first came compared to the final few games he played for us.

TriniGunner

Never said he was prolific. But you can't tell me that he didn't have more confidence in himself to strike the ball when he first came compared to the final few games he played for us.

I think the role of our strikers changed the minute Arteta walked into the door.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

It doesn't matter, does it. That was the point of my post.

A_M Iniesta

ends up scoring a boatload of goals serving the No 14 Arsenal jersey number well ,, maybe his day1 fans which i'l admit i've not been convinced overall with him , see his winning qualities to so speak , starting on the back on a hattrick with this new beginning jus maybe he ends up shocking the **** outta us
Lol. Go on.

amigo

ends up scoring a boatload of goals serving the No 14 Arsenal jersey number well ,, maybe his day1 fans which i'l admit i've not been convinced overall with him , see his winning qualities to so speak , starting on the back on a hattrick with this new beginning jus maybe he ends up shocking the **** outta us
That's what some of us have been saying all along. There is no denying that re-signing Eddie was a bit of a gamble, because nobody knows for sure how exactly good he will become. All contracts are, to some extent, nobody has a crystal ball.

But it was not nearly as big a gamble as many people were baying about. This is the record level u21 England striker we are talking about who broke Alan Shearer's record. And at senior level, whenever he has started games consistently in competitions, be it League, Europa or Carabao Cup he has scored at an impressive rate. His manager raves about his training and work rate so there are no problems with attitude or application - one reason why young talent does not always reach full potential. His minutes per goal ratio if you check it up is better than 90% of the strikers in the league. Yet on the basis of a number of short unproductive substitute league appearances and overreactive demonisation for a couple of bad misses (remember Aubas?) we were prepared to write him off as "championship level" while believing his peers like Saka, Smith Rowe and Martinelli have much more growth in them and higher ceilings. His spell at Leeds was totally misdescribed as a flop when he in fact got injured and Bielsa described him in glowing terms. What if (shock horror) Eddie has the highest ceiling of them all? After all he captained them at youth level encounter to the Euro trophy. I have a dream (really) of Eddie collecting a golden boot in a season to come. His all-round game has improved dramatically. Time alone will tell.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

That isn't A) Dark or B) A conspiracy theory. You have people conspiring for B to occur.

It's an optimistic prediction

Reactions: A_G

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
That's what some of us have been saying all along. There is no denying that re-signing Eddie was a bit of a gamble, because nobody knows for sure how exactly good he will become. All contracts are, to some extent, nobody has a crystal ball.

But it was not nearly as big a gamble as many people were baying about. This is the record level u21 England striker we are talking about who broke Alan Shearer's record. And at senior level, whenever he has started games consistently in competitions, be it League, Europa or Carabao Cup he has scored at an impressive rate. His manager raves about his training and work rate so there are no problems with attitude or application - one reason why young talent does not always reach full potential. His minutes per goal ratio if you check it up is better than 90% of the strikers in the league. Yet on the basis of a number of short unproductive substitute league appearances and overreactive demonisation for a couple of bad misses (remember Aubas?) we were prepared to write him off as "championship level" while believing his peers like Saka, Smith Rowe and Martinelli have much more growth in them and higher ceilings. His spell at Leeds was totally misdescribed as a flop when he in fact got injured and Bielsa described him in glowing terms. What if (shock horror) Eddie has the highest ceiling of them all? After all he captained them at youth level encounter to the Euro trophy. I have a dream (really) of Eddie collecting a golden boot in a season to come. His all-round game has improved dramatically. Time alone will tell.

You're absolutely on point about his goals per minute. I think his movement off the ball gets him in great positions. He's got a real strikers instinct and intelligence. His pace is very good and the pressing is promising.

I think what people don't like is that he is limited. He has a lack of dribbling ability and high end striking technique. He can't really make his own goals. But if you feed him enough balls in the box he'll score.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Very few strikers blow up in the prem at a young age. I'm happy for Eddie & think he will do fine next year as he is improving.
Will Eddie & Jesus be more productive than last season's Laca & Auba,imho yes.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Nketiah extending as the 2nd striker (surely a requirement for him) is a risk. But like you say the guy has always been one of the most talented current English strikers.

It's just obvious that taking this risk (after his great end of the season), helps the squad a lot, because signing another striker would be too expensive. We would lose one important addition from other areas.

Brewster went for 26 million euros, and didn't Liverpool get a buyback clause there too? That's the kind of money we would need to spend, or even more because Nketiah is the better player.

If Eddie fails, we can always sell him and get good enough money compared to losing him for free and buying same level talent. Because we could not likely buy a starting striker either now. Too expensive and Jesus is likely the 1st striker to attract him here.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
The question with Eddie has always been can he get strong enough and can he develop his overall game enough. Despite not being the cleanest finisher, his ability to get to balls in the box and get the ball in the net somehow has been fantastic since he joined the club at every level.

He's taken big strides in the last 6-9 months. If he can continue in that vein, he's got a real chance.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
You're absolutely on point about his goals per minute. I think his movement off the ball gets him in great positions. He's got a real strikers instinct and intelligence. His pace is very good and the pressing is promising.

I think what people don't like is that he is limited. He has a lack of dribbling ability and high end striking technique. He can't really make his own goals. But if you feed him enough balls in the box he'll score.
Eddie's dribbling is actually pretty decent. Wouldn't say this is a weakness. Rather that his movement outside the box could be better possession-wise.

Top Bottom