• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nket14h: Answering The šŸ“ž From England

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ā­

That front 3 is yikes šŸ˜¬

Half fit ESR is a big worry with the burden weā€™d place on him. Our biggest strength is midfield and hopefully weā€™ll have all 3 guys available.

Still if England lose on Saturday and Brazil donā€™t win the tournament weā€™d probably have both Martinelli and Saka for the game.

Worth noting though that Man City still have 13 players at the World Cup and an England/Brazil final would mean a lot of their key players including Ederson would be unlikely to be back.

db10_therza

šŸŽµ Edu getting rickrolled šŸŽµ
Trusted ā­

Player:Martinelli
Exactly. This was always the issue with going into a season with only 2 strikers. Its madness tbh. I was saying at start of season what if 1 gets a lengthy injury. Some people on here said having 3 was too many.

We sat on top of league & only have 1 fit recognised striker. It's crazy.

I think we will see a forward player come in, but maybe not necessarily a striker. I think Arteta will simply shift positions around a bit & reintegrate ESR until Jesus returns.

Besides, buying a decent striker in January is difficult. Especially when you are quite selective like Edu & Arteta.

Weā€™re in a **** situation no doubt but I donā€™t understand posts like this saying 2 strikers is an undercooked squad. Man City have 2 recognised strikers ffs. If both got injured theyā€™d put gundogan there or sth. You cannot have 3 players in each position, that way madness lies. You can only make this argument in cdm because partey is known to have injury problems. You can argue about the quality of the depth, thatā€™s fair, but not the quantityā€¦

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ā­
Asking for another CF to cover Jesus feels like wish list stuff, and if thatā€™s what you want I think youā€™re going to be left disappointed. Even City donā€™t have that depth.

Jesus / Nketiah / Martinelli

Another WF to cover Martinelli makes more sense and be of better use to the squad.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ā­

Asking for another CF to cover Jesus feels like wish list stuff, and if thatā€™s what you want I think youā€™re going to be left disappointed. Even City donā€™t have that depth.

Another WF to cover Martinelli makes more sense and be of better use to the squad.

They have Alvarez and Haaland who are better than any striker we have.

A guy like Zaha could cover for Jesus up top then rotate with Martinelli and Saka when we play 3 times a week.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Weā€™re in a **** situation no doubt but I donā€™t understand posts like this saying 2 strikers is an undercooked squad. Man City have 2 recognised strikers ffs. If both got injured theyā€™d put gundogan there or sth. You cannot have 3 players in each position, that way madness lies. You can only make this argument in cdm because partey is known to have injury problems. You can argue about the quality of the depth, thatā€™s fair, but not the quantityā€¦
Because the thing that wins football matches ultimately is scoring more goals than the other side & strikers are there to do that. That's why you shouldn't go into a season light in that area.

City are so strong everywhere they won the league without a striker last season. We arent at their level yet to be able to do that. Nobody is. Now they have the best striker available & an incredibly talented understudy.

We have Jesus who brings a lot to the overall play but has always been a purple patch player with goals, & Eddie. Eddie has everything to prove.

It's not the same.

GDeepā„¢

League is very weak
Mentioned it before, this feels like the Wenger days - big budgets and top 3 spenders in Europe aside.

Great form and a key players gets ****ed.

TheGreatWright8

Player:Jesus

It's vital arsenal get another striker eddy is quite simply not up to task.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Obviously terrible news that Jesus is out but I am genuinely excited to see Eddie play

db10_therza

Trusted ā­

Because the thing that wins football matches ultimately is scoring more goals than the other side & strikers are there to do that. That's why you shouldn't go into a season light in that area.

City are so strong everywhere they won the league without a striker last season. We arent at their level yet to be able to do that. Nobody is. Now they have the best striker available & an incredibly talented understudy.

We have Jesus who brings a lot to the overall play but has always been a purple patch player with goals, & Eddie. Eddie has everything to prove.

It's not the same.

Yeah so youā€™re saying weā€™re light on quality. Again this is fine. But if youā€™re saying we need 3 out and out CFs in the squad youā€™re nuts. City was just one example. Thereā€™s few PL teams with 3 CFs in the squad. Sp**s come to mind.

db10_therza

Trusted ā­

Some of you guys crack me up tbh. You think we were stupid to go into the season without another CM and CF. Just wait till saka gets injured and then you can add a rmf to that list. Conservatively 150-200m worth of players. Maybe itā€™s the ā€œboomerā€ in me but that just screams entitlement to meā€¦

db10_therza

Trusted ā­

They have Alvarez and Haaland who are better than any striker we have.

A guy like Zaha could cover for Jesus up top then rotate with Martinelli and Saka when we play 3 times a week.

Dafuq- you saying you think Alvarez is better than Jesus?!?

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Yeah so youā€™re saying weā€™re light on quality. Again this is fine. But if youā€™re saying we need 3 out and out CFs in the squad youā€™re nuts. City was just one example. Thereā€™s few PL teams with 3 CFs in the squad. Sp**s come to mind.
Whatever dude.
My opinion differs from your opinion. Neither of us have to be right or wrong, it's just opinion.
No need to get so worked up...

db10_therza

Trusted ā­

Whatever dude.
My opinion differs from your opinion. Neither of us have to be right or wrong, it's just opinion.
No need to get so worked up...
Not worked up at you bro - apologies if the post came across strong.

I am worked up at @Rex Bezos though. Outrageous stuff. Just oiling up my cricket bat. Hasnā€™t seen action in a whileā€¦

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Some of you guys crack me up tbh. You think we were stupid to go into the season without another CM and CF. Just wait till saka gets injured and then you can add a rmf to that list. Conservatively 150-200m worth of players. Maybe itā€™s the ā€œboomerā€ in me but that just screams entitlement to meā€¦

We're big spenders now. That talk about how the young team grows together is cute and all but no longer reflects reality

Rebuild needed every season, like everyone else. That's our path now

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ā­
What we need to realise is that injuries will occur throughout a season. Losing one player should not derail your season entirely. Losing multiple players does. The drop off from Jesus to Nketiah is no where near as big as Partey to Elneny, Xhaka to Lokonga or Tierney to Zinchenko.

I think people underestimate the team cohesion and the system that is in place currently. This team has dealt with Tierney at left back. As much as he is a solid left back, the level of build up and technical security he provides is no where near the level of Zinchenko. We have already dealt with losing Partey and Tomi for a period of time.

Gabriel Jesus is transformational, not because of goals, but because of his technical quality and pressing. He has a world class touch and excellent dribbling ability. So it is more of a case of replacing certain attributes. Nketiah can press, run behind, push and carry the ball. Those are good traits. What we need to make sure is that we add one more forward into the group who has a world class touch and dribbling.

Nketiah, ESR, Martinelli, Saka. We need one more to be able to cope with no Jesus and we needed that player even before he got injured.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
You mean talent? Or potential?
I think of them as similar things if Iā€™m honest, yes to potential.

Rn, I think Jesus probably earns you more control over the course of a league season but Alvarez would give you more cutting edge in cup finals, big games that are tight.

Heavy dose of speculation ofc as Alvarez hasnā€™t nailed down a starting spot for his club.

Top Bottom