• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nket14h: Answering The 📞 From England

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I think of them as similar things if I’m honest, yes to potential.

Rn, I think Jesus probably earns you more control over the course of a league season but Alvarez would give you more cutting edge in cup finals, big games that are tight.

Heavy dose of speculation ofc as Alvarez hasn’t nailed down a starting spot for his club.
Yeah tbf talent probably does mean potential or at least v close to it. Guess a better question would be if you were offered a swap deal for next season would you take it.

What I love about Jesus is his incredible intelligence when it comes to positional play in build up. As soon as Xhaka or Ødegaard attack down the half space the guy is on his bike pulling defenders away. A more selfish striker would make the obvious near post run in that circumstance and increase his chance of scoring but lower the teams chance of scoring, at least in the current set up Arteta has us playing in.

If you stuck him on the wings, you would lose half his effectiveness. Right now he toys with the opposition by playing across the entire front line. Put him on the wings and he'd only occupy one side of the pitch, occasionally coming into central areas, and even less occasionally on the opposite wing. Neuters the best part of his game.

I already miss him :(

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Yeah tbf talent probably does mean potential or at least v close to it. Guess a better question would be if you were offered a swap deal for next season would you take it.

What I love about Jesus is his incredible intelligence when it comes to positional play in build up. As soon as Xhaka or Ødegaard attack down the half space the guy is on his bike pulling defenders away. A more selfish striker would make the obvious near post run in that circumstance and increase his chance of scoring but lower the teams chance of scoring, at least in the current set up Arteta has us playing in.

If you stuck him on the wings, you would lose half his effectiveness. Right now he toys with the opposition by playing across the entire front line. Put him on the wings and he'd only occupy one side of the pitch, occasionally coming into central areas, and even less occasionally on the opposite wing. Neuters the best part of his game.

I already miss him :(
Yh it ****ing sucks.
He doesn’t have gabi or Saka’s feel for tempo, and doesn’t conserve the ball as well. He always wants to speed it up, which isn’t much of a problem at striker given he’s always receiving under pressure and needs to move it on. But it becomes more of a problem if we put him on the wing where he has more time in certain phases.

And totally agree on the unselfish movement.

Would I take Alvarez or Jesus next season? Not sure tbh, can’t decide personally. I guess Jesus is more proven and the boss likes him so I’ll go with our boy. I think Alvarez is an incredible talent though

Need him to stay fit to be worth it tho

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Great to see him scoring today, even in a friendly...important he keeps some form up before the first Prem game, so fans go into that match with some confidence after the Jesus injury.

Would love to see him score the winner v the Hammers!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Great to see him scoring today, even in a friendly...important he keeps some form up before the first Prem game, so fans go into that match with some confidence after the Jesus injury.

Would love to see him score the winner v the Hammers!
One of my favorite recent performances of his was West Ham away last season. Shades of his CF performance for the U21s vs West Ham a few years back - was that game that really made me think he had the quality to make it at Arsenal.

He was sharp today, so I'm encouraged. I'm backing Eddie as ever.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Call me a hater. But that finished was scuffed and he scuffed a lot of shots. Rarely does his shots have conviction

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Call me a hater. But that finished was scuffed and he scuffed a lot of shots. Rarely does his shots have conviction

His striking technique isn't the best but his movement into goalscoring positions is elite. If he gets 15 scuffed goals this season I will be more than happy. Right now he's 2 goals in his last 2 games.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
As long he get goals we'll be more than fine until G.Jesus back he won't play like G.Jesus but as long he move and we create chances for him we'll score lot

amigo

His striking technique isn't the best but his movement into goalscoring positions is elite. If he gets 15 scuffed goals this season I will be more than happy. Right now he's 2 goals in his last 2 games.
Versus Gabriel Jesus' zero in his last eight. Yet Eddie will still be vilified. It's like he can't win -when he scores It's a "tap in" or " or "easy opponent" or "scuffed" or "lucky" or some other reason to show "he's not good enough".. But when he doesn't score he's "useless".

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Heard my nephew been scoring in friendlies against the Uber eats brigade 🤝🤝

• Fire
Reactions: A_G

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
That chance after the keeper passed it right to him...

bad-miss-miss.gif

GoonerJay24

Think I've seen enough in these friendlies to say he shouldn't be anywhere near our first 11.

It's nice that he is from our academy but I would expect some progress in his game and can't say I've seen any over the past few years.

I'm done with him

Agreed. He hasn't played enough for someone of his age to develop and be effective at this level.

No idea why Mikel and the club gave him that contract. Needed to sign a backup striker similar to Giroud playing style with some pedigree.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Arteta likes him and we have no other CF for few weeks at least so we need to support him with Saka and Martinelli around he'll definitely play better. He just need to focus on his game don't want him to try be G.Jesus or Kane this not gonna happen

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Agreed. He hasn't played enough for someone of his age to develop and be effective at this level.

Know idea why Mikel and the club gave him that contract. Needed to sign a backup striker similar to Giroud playing style with some pedigree.
The annoying thing with rewriting history is how Arteta always rated him. He had him all of last season and he was behind Auba and Laca. One Auba leaves Laca takes over and he has to play real bad for long time for nketiah to get a chance. With Auba and Laca leaving the club didn’t wanna buy a whole new strike force and they thought extended him was cheaper. That’s the only reason he got new deal and now we have a player not good enough on 100k

D

Deleted member 102404

No idea why Mikel and the club gave him that contract. Needed to sign a backup striker similar to Giroud playing style with some pedigree.

He's played 4500 minutes of first team football and has already been effective, scoring 26 first team goals.
Overly critical assessments of him is just typical fandom. Some strikers can go weeks and months not scoring many and playing rubbish and they don't get criticised because they are fan favourites. Literally every time Nketiah doesn't score in game, he gets criticised - with the same kind of 'solution' like 'we need a 'target man'.

Seems to me that Arteta and the club know what they are doing, so I will trust their judgement on his contract.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom