• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nket14h: Answering The 📞 From England

BIoodBrother

Hopefully back fit soon. No idea what that arteta statement meant. Talking days or months...
We need him. Even if Jesus is slowly coming back to fitness now. The EL is coming up. Different moments and qualities will be required. Substitutes and tactical options. He is very strong physically and quick in some situations.
it's definitely not as simple as trossard now, Jesus then.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Na his finishing isn't great. But that could be because of pressure and snatching at things instead of taking half a second to think.

Eddie's been solid. We were 7-8 points ahead when Jesus got injured. We are 5. That shows that Eddie hasn't even a huge weak point.

He isn't CL level. But he doesn't have to be as a sub. He has to be Bournemouth at home level.

We could and should have a better back up but Eddie has done OK.

You probably didn’t mean to get the points difference wrong, but it is important to note that there’s been no change in our points difference. We were 5 points when Jesus last played and it’s still 5 points today.

Eddie, with all his faults has done a great job for us. Yes, he doesn’t finish all his chances but we can all say the same for Ødegaard, Martinelli, and even Saka.

The key focus I think should be that these are young players, who can only get better with time and focus.

And yes, working his ass off is an excellent trait to have. It means he will improve, and put it beyond doubt that he is an excellent player to have with us. Just like Xhaka before him.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I wasn't sure on Eddie he needed a big goal he got it Vs United. A goal against United is special, in context it's about as big a goal one can score.

If he has been playing with a knock all the more credit to him - he has contributed massively to our current position.

I'm happy for him to stay. As a one man band he has done enough. Jesus returning with his versatility will be a welcomed relief not just for Eddie but our whole attack who can now push themselves knowing they'll get proper rest.

amigo

Any news.on Eddie, when is he likely to return? Maybe we'll find out more if there is a press conference today.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Please be fit for the weekend, please :pray:

No matter what you think of Eddie with Jesus and Trossard out, he is by far the next best option for CF.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's returning after international week. The annoying thing is that he seemed to pick up that knock in the last game that he played. We were on the break and he had passing options, held on and got clattered. Very unfortunate timing with Trossard also out. It's potentially a sliding doors moment for him with everyone getting fit round about the same time

MATHEO

We're witnessing the difference between having a striker who actually participates in the build up and effective all over the pitch rather than only in the 6 yards box.

We are playing our best football even though we have a midget upfront who isnt even a striker, Imagine whats it like when we have an actual striker who can do both roles, Jesus is that guy but he needs to improve his finishing, we need a striker in the summer who can compete with him.

Watching us play today just highlights how having Nketiah start for us for 3 months was a sin that should be atoned for.

amigo

Hmm seems like his injury was worse than we thought. Possibly why he seemed to tail off in the last few games. Was always the danger with him being the only recognized striker. Jesus' return and Trossard's recovery was at at exactly the right time. Wishing him a speedy return we need everyone for the run in.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Hmm seems like his injury was worse than we thought. Possibly why he seemed to tail off in the last few games. Was always the danger with him being the only recognized striker. Jesus' return and Trossard's recovery was at at exactly the right time. Wishing him a speedy return we need everyone for the run in.
Yeah, Arteta said he had been carrying it before the Everton game then he seemed to exacerbate it in that cameo appearance and hasn't been seen since. Shame really but he did a manful job otherwise.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Yeah, Arteta said he had been carrying it before the Everton game then he seemed to exacerbate it in that cameo appearance and hasn't been seen since. Shame really but he did a manful job otherwise.
If it comes to choosing between Nketiah and Balogun, what would you do?

Would you extend Balogun (has 2 years left in the summer) and sell Nketiah?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Tough call. I think Balogun is more talented so I would lean towards him but it's not a choice I would make lightly. Nketiah is a player you cannot ever count out.

amigo

I think we would want to see Balogun in the Premier league, preferably in an Arsenal side before we can really make a meaningful comparison. Laca is doing just as well as Balogun in France this year. I don't see anyone calling for us to bring him back! I say bring Balo back next year then see who is better and loan one out next Jan (if we find we have extra capacity).

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I think we would want to see Balogun in the Premier league, preferably in an Arsenal side before we can really make a meaningful comparison. Laca is doing just as well as Balogun in France this year. I don't see anyone calling for us to bring him back! I say bring Balo back next year then see who is better and loan one out next Jan (if we find we have extra capacity).
That has been my suggestion for some time. Just have to get Balogun to extend.

Recently I have just been thinking if they want to bring some top winger, if there is space for everyone.

You could like rather extend Nelson, buy a top winger and cash in on either Nketiah or Balogun.

But we'll see what the management has planned. I'm happy either way, it's a great situation to be stacked like this. But if it came to that choice, I think the best option would be to extend Balogun and sell Nketiah. That's worth more because you can't get as much money for Balogun with 2 years left.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Lacazette plays for a much better team in Lyon so that's not a fair comparison IMO. Reims are overperforming thanks to Balogun's excellent goalscoring, their manager and like 2-3 other decent players.

KrptKid

Save us Eddie. Save us from this great deceiver, that bares the name of an archangel but is in actuality a demon, spawn of Satan with a bandulu Brazilian passport.

Forgive these pagans in the fanbase that are incapable of recognising your talents, and save our season. I beg of you.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Save us Eddie. Save us from this great deceiver, that bares the name of an archangel but is in actuality a demon, spawn of Satan with a bandulu Brazilian passport.

Forgive these pagans in the fanbase that are incapable of recognising your talents, and save our season. I beg of you.

Jesus hasn’t even played a total of 90 minutes yet ffs :lol:

amigo

What if Eddie's the player back that Arteta was talking about - what role do you think he has to play rest of the season if any?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom