• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Makes sense. They took Afobe on loan and the poor guy tore his ACL again. Nketiah has shown good ability and mentality in his fleeting Championship appearances but Arsenal cant be happy about the amount of game time he is missing due to Bielsas reliance on Bamford. Bristol City simply have far more game time for him.
I'm actually not sure why we are forcing Championship loans. Players would get more minutes in Eredivisie and it would benefit them moving away from England to learn something else than just work hard and run like an idiot.

9jagooner

What is wrong with us fans?
Nketiah is exactly where he should be. He's getting minutes to prove himself and he's doing just that. At his age, he needs to learn to fight so he knows every minute he gets,he needs to prove himself. That's the player we need back at Arsenal, someone who is ready physically and mentally!
He's done well on loan so far and he's giving Bielsa reason to play him more. I personally believe he'll get more games as the season progresses.
When he comes to Arsenal, he will have to fight for the shirt and his current training at Leeds will help him.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'm actually not sure why we are forcing Championship loans. Players would get more minutes in Eredivisie and it would benefit them moving away from England to learn something else than just work hard and run like an idiot.

Because Bielsa is renowned for having a typically English approach? The idea is that we're trying to prepare Eddie for first team football here in England. And the championship will be a great place for him to learn. He's just gonna have to get his head down and keep working hard and he'll get his chance. It's only October and the winter months will naturally force Leeds into rotation anyways. It'll be up to him then to prove himself.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Because Bielsa is renowned for having a typically English approach? The idea is that we're trying to prepare Eddie for first team football here in England. And the championship will be a great place for him to learn. He's just gonna have to get his head down and keep working hard and he'll get his chance. It's only October and the winter months will naturally force Leeds into rotation anyways. It'll be up to him then to prove himself.
That didn't prove to be the truth very often. If you want to learn, you go to places were you can actually learn something, and Championship is not the best place for that. I struggle to see what he could learn there other than learning young that most managers are overpaid ******.

Tir Na Nog

That didn't prove to be the truth very often. If you want to learn, you go to places were you can actually learn something, and Championship is not the best place for that. I struggle to see what he could learn there other than learning young that most managers are overpaid ******.

Well it'd indicate that he's ready for serious football if he proves himself in the championship, if he's incapable of doing that then it doesn't bode well for him at all. The PL is a vastly superior version of the championship, if he can't cope with the latter he's gonna be seriously out of his depth with the former.

Again it's Bielsa who's his manager, a guy adored by the likes of Pep, Simeone, Pochettino. I'm sure he knows a thing or two when it comes to football management and utilisation of players. This forum has a serious problem when it comes to accepting the fact that these youngsters are gonna have to prove themselves outside of under 23 games and pre-season friendlies, or the odd Carabao cup tie.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Championship has changed. Football a lot more diverse than before, and very competitive. It's not perfect but it's fine for Eddie to get time there. I'm not even sure we have to move him from Leeds just yet. Lot of football to play this season and he could force his way in before January. I hear you, Championship definitely not the only option but I'm not as against it as I was before.

Bamford hasn't been playing badly but neither has Nketiah. If he keeps scoring it will be a matter of time. Let's see what happens in January.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Well it'd indicate that he's ready for serious football if he proves himself in the championship, if he's incapable of doing that then it doesn't bode well for him at all. The PL is a vastly superior version of the championship, if he can't cope with the latter he's gonna be seriously out of his depth with the former.

Again it's Bielsa who's his manager, a guy adored by the likes of Pep, Simeone, Pochettino. I'm sure he knows a thing or two when it comes to football management and utilisation of players. This forum has a serious problem when it comes to accepting the fact that these youngsters are gonna have to prove themselves outside of under 23 games and pre-season friendlies, or the odd Carabao cup tie.
Having a great season at Eredivisie would indicate the same thing as proven with so many players going from there to other top clubs, probably more often than swapping Championship for top clubs.
I won't bother for the rest, had similar discussion over Gnabry and Vela on the same topic, both regarded not good enough after loans. Bielsa is not there to help Eddie and doesn't care about him, he just want's to get results which is the worst situation for a loaned player. You can name me 5-10 players that Bielsa developed and then I'll think about your criticism of forum members

Jae

Methinks people need to get off their high horse and stop turning their nose up at the Championship, there are plenty of quality teams who play great football in that league.

The three teams that have come up to the Prem this season haven't looked out of place at all, and there were some quality teams who just missed out last year.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Tbf, the Dutch system is producing nothing but English Championship grade strikers, at best.... Maybe they need to teach them to work hard and run like idiots? Seems to be working in England.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Methinks people need to get off their high horse and stop turning their nose up at the Championship, there are plenty of quality teams who play great football in that league.

The three teams that have come up to the Prem this season haven't looked out of place at all, and there were some quality teams who just missed out last year.
It's super competitive, which is why players are sent there. You compete for everything in that environment. He wasn't sent there to learn anything, because he is ahead of all the Leeds strikers were at the same age and he's more talented--he was sent there to get a taste of a tough environment and get a competitive edge.

Tir Na Nog

It's super competitive, which is why players are sent there. You compete for everything in that environment. He wasn't sent there to learn anything, because he is ahead of all the Leeds strikers were at the same age and he's more talented--he was sent there to get a taste of a tough environment and get a competitive edge.

Honestly not sure why people are finding this so hard to grasp. I'll say it till I'm blue in the face it's a massive step up from under 23's. People think that you can just go from under 23 football and the odd Carabao cup appearance to playing PL with a team fighting for the top 4. It just doesn't work like that unless it's a super rare case. Even Wilshere was sent to Bolton and he was the most ready for first team football out of all the young talents we've produced in the last 15-20 years.

We're really gonna find out what Eddie is made of during this loan period. Whether he has it or not, how far away or how close he is to being ready for Arsenal's first team. He's not gonna be learning how to play football all over again just merely being thought how to adapt to the step up in competitiveness, physicality, speed of the game, etc which is light-years away from the under 23s.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Honestly not sure why people are finding this so hard to grasp. I'll say it till I'm blue in the face it's a massive step up from under 23's. People think that you can just go from under 23 football and the odd Carabao cup appearance to playing PL with a team fighting for the top 4.
You blind or something? Nobody is saying he should go straight to first 11 from under 23s (although something like that is always possible). I'm saying there are other leagues better than Championship to complete development process but for some reason we are more focused on sending players domestically.
The reason for that could be that players don't like to engage to a different language and culture, but football wise, there's no advantage finishing development there.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
We've got some of the ****tiest loan managers around. In fact if we were a Bank we'd already have been bankrupt.

GDeep™

League is very weak
A loan isn’t about going to a club where everything is put on a plate for the player, especially with a club like Leeds.

Eddie is with the big dogs now, he’ll to have to be patient, make adjustments, show mental strength etc.

So far so good I think, few goals off the bench. I bet Bielsa is in his ear in training too, priceless stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom