• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Was reading a Leeds forum a while back, most want to see Eddie get a run but concede Bielsa is stubborn.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Any links to the goal?

Leeds supporters in forums seemingly still backing Bamford as a lone striker over Eddie...something about lone striker link up play etc. Most are forgiving him of his goalless streak.
From what I've observed, it's very divided among the fanbase. Those who trust Bielsa and insist Bamford is playing well and just isn't scoring. Bamford being the #9 that links play/target man etc while its thought (erroneously IMO) that Nketiah is incapable of this kind of play.

Then theres the others who've made their mind up about Bamford and just want to see Nketiah start.

Nketiah isn't hurting his case at all. He is doing what he needs to do with the little he is given so far. He will get more starts IMO.

Symbia

One can do everything but score and the other can do nothing else but score (tad harsh but you get the idea). There is one thing they have in common...
The main role of a striker is to score and not to do everything, that said, your knowledge of Eddie's ability is limited if you think he does nothing apart from scoring.

Eddie is a very fast striker that cab be useful in a typical counter attacking set up. He can also be a useful hold up player.

LG10

The main role of a striker is to score and not to do everything, that said, your knowledge of Eddie's ability is limited if you think he does nothing apart from scoring.

Eddie is a very fast striker that cab be useful in a typical counter attacking set up. He can also be a useful hold up player.
Thats why I said I was being harsh. His hold up play is decent but nothing special. He's a classic poacher, doubt he'll work as a lone striker in a top team.

Symbia

Thats why I said I was being harsh. His hold up play is decent but nothing special. He's a classic poacher, doubt he'll work as a lone striker in a top team.
Yeah, more like goal poacher with frightening pace.
I think he will be a better version of Chicharito if he developes a bit more.
I think he can work in 2 striker formation, with the supporting striker playing lower than him.

Was expecting Leeds manager to play him alongside the other dude, 4-4-2 formation.

Last edited:

LG10

Yeah, more like goal poacher with frightening pace.
I think he will be a better version of Chicharito if he developes a bit more.
I think he can work in 2 striker formation, with the supporting striker playing a deep lower than him.

Was expecting Leeds manager to play him alongside the other dude, 4-4-2 formation.
Better chicarito is a good comparison, Eddie is def physically better

Kingofthebongo

One can do everything but score and the other can do nothing else but score (tad harsh but you get the idea). There is one thing they have in common...

What? :facepalm: :lol:
Right, because Nketiah was an unstoppable goal machine with Arsenal at senior level.
Not because they are both excellent pressing forwards, with extremely good athleticism, decent aerial ability and less than extraordinary first touch.

If you're insinuating what I think you are, then that is idiotic.

LG10

What? :facepalm: :lol:
Right, because Nketiah was an unstoppable goal machine with Arsenal at senior level.
Not because they are both excellent pressing forwards, with extremely good athleticism, decent aerial ability and less than extraordinary first touch.

If you're insinuating what I think you are, then that is idiotic.
I was just giving you a hard time but don't see how they are similar at all

Afro Mugo

It's sad that Eddie has never consistently played enough at senior level to see what he's all about and all people see is his movement/"poaching". Eddie played as a lone 9 at all levels and I saw him hold up play with ball to feet against much bigger defenders in u23 games.He's no Giroud/Barnes/Bamford because his physical qualities don't allow him too (yet). He'll probably do better right now in a team that does quick link up passes and not the Bamford role. He's only similarity with Chicharito is movement inside the box .He plays similarly to Lacazette, maybe not as good (yet) technically but definitely quicker . If I remember well Saka's pre season goal against Colorado Rapids he's the one who gave the through ball from almost the middle of the pitch
Good thing is that he's a goalscorer and that will serve him well until he physically develops

say yes

forum master baiter

Very interesting piece from Phil Hay. Among other things, he says that we have the right to cancel the loan in January if Nketiah doesn’t start playing more, and that Bristol City remain very interested.

Wryer

I see a real goal poacher in him. But I'm struggling to see any real pattern or attributes to might make him a great player. Before anyone shoots me, I'm more than happy if we develop a Inzaghi or Klose in our set up.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I think perhaps to understand more we must first understand what Bielsa wants from his CF.

Got to about 3:50 in this video and the narrator starts talking about how he expects his 4 attacking players to be able to rotate positions and fill in for each other in almost a total football style manner. Does Eddie have the attributes to fill in at Wide forward or as a 10? Let's not forget that Bielsa puts huge physical and mental demands on his players, perhaps he feels that Eddie isn't quite ready to cope with all that and he knows Bamford is someone who can trust more. For me it's not just a matter of saying look Eddie is scoring a lot of goals you have to play him when Bielsa has clear demands from his CF which he clearly sees Bamford as more suited for at this particular moment.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I think perhaps to understand more we must first understand what Bielsa wants from his CF.

Got to about 3:50 in this video and the narrator starts talking about how he expects his 4 attacking players to be able to rotate positions and fill in for each other in almost a total football style manner. Does Eddie have the attributes to fill in at Wide forward or as a 10? Let's not forget that Bielsa puts huge physical and mental demands on his players, perhaps he feels that Eddie isn't quite ready to cope with all that and he knows Bamford is someone who can trust more. For me it's not just a matter of saying look Eddie is scoring a lot of goals you have to play him when Bielsa has clear demands from his CF which he clearly sees Bamford as more suited for at this particular moment.
Why the feck did we send him there then. Seems silly to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom