• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
What is up to Nketiah? He can't pick him self into the team...

Means nothing. The clown in Germany also picked bums over Nelson and look where these bums are now and where Nelson is.
I'm saying Bielsa will pick him IMO. There are games that will call for Bamford - a more seasoned Championship striker who's very good in the division and better in the air - and games that call for Nketiah. Nketiah just has to make sure that when he is given his games, he makes himself undroppable. He's been training with them for only a week. He got a slightly unprecedented start vs a League 2 team and did very well. I'm not worried at all at this stage that he missed an away trip to Wigan. There are nearly 50 games that Leeds will play this season and Bamford is only marginally ahead of Nketiah based solely on his experience.

Now's not the time to call it a bad loan........yet.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Bamford is very important player for Leeds but with Bielsa he'll get chances

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Bamford is very important player for Leeds but with Bielsa he'll get chances
Bamford is as inconsistent as they come. Reminds me of David Nugent a bit - good finisher when he's up for it but useless when he isn't. Nonetheless, he's a very solid striker for that division and would start for pretty much any team down there. Bamford woke up today because he knows Nketiah will keep him out if he's given even a sniff. That he scored in the week without even playing THAT well is a reminder that Nketiah could potentially keep him out once he's fully fit and acclimatized. I expect Nketiah to start v Brentford next week.

I'm saying Bielsa will pick him IMO. There are games that will call for Bamford - a more seasoned Championship striker who's very good in the division and better in the air - and games that call for Nketiah. Nketiah just has to make sure that when he is given his games, he makes himself undroppable. He's been training with them for only a week. He got a slightly unprecedented start vs a League 2 team and did very well. I'm not worried at all at this stage that he missed an away trip to Wigan. There are nearly 50 games that Leeds will play this season and Bamford is only marginally ahead of Nketiah based solely on his experience.

Now's not the time to call it a bad loan........yet.

I hope you are right. I'm always wary of loan likes these. Teams seems to want our players but when the going get though they start to favor their own players.

As it is at the moment. So far a bad loan. 2 games he has been left out. Hopefully it will turn out to be a good loan as the season progress!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I hope you are right. I'm always wary of loan likes these. Teams seems to want our players but when the going get though they start to favor their own players.

As it is at the moment. So far a bad loan. 2 games he has been left out. Hopefully it will turn out to be a good loan as the season progress!
1st game he wasn't registered in time for. Like I said, he's only been there a week. He's already played once and scored. It's neither good nor bad right now, it's barely gotten started!!

I reckon it will simply be a case of getting Nketiah more up to speed with training and tactics with the rest of the team. The Salford game was a convenient lay-up for him to get game time.

I'm wary too, but given what we now know about the process involved in Nketiah leaving to go on this loan, I'm very optimistic this is the right choice and I'm eager to see how this loan goes. I think Nketiah will have more than enough opportunities to impress.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Nketiah scored for Leeds U23s. Apparently Bielsa gives some players gametime that way when they haven't played the previous first team game, so his inclusion there shouldn't be too much to worry about.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Nketiah scored for Leeds U23s. Apparently Bielsa gives some players gametime that way when they haven't played the previous first team game, so his inclusion there shouldn't be too much to worry about.
Jack Clarke and Helder Costa were playing too. That's a strong u23 lineup - my guess is Bielsa just keeping everyone fit. Seeing a lot of Arsenal fans overreact. The time to be pissed is if he isn't playing 4 months from now. It's not even 2 weeks. Let's see how he finishes the month.

jus2nang

I'm thinking his time with us is over to be honest.

He seems a likeable kid, but he is no longer a teenager and simply hasn't done enough to date. He'll be 21 when comes back and unless he has a proper goalscoring season (20+) I think it's over for him.

The club didn't trust him enough even to play the Welbeck role, he hasn't scored many goals for the first team (granted he hasn't had that many chances) and it's now looking like Bielsa will use him sparingly.

I guess it means we'll get the extra fees from Leeds for not playing him....

Symbia

1st game he wasn't registered in time for. Like I said, he's only been there a week. He's already played once and scored. It's neither good nor bad right now, it's barely gotten started!!

I reckon it will simply be a case of getting Nketiah more up to speed with training and tactics with the rest of the team. The Salford game was a convenient lay-up for him to get game time.

I'm wary too, but given what we now know about the process involved in Nketiah leaving to go on this loan, I'm very optimistic this is the right choice and I'm eager to see how this loan goes. I think Nketiah will have more than enough opportunities to impress.
Eddie doesn't need to be rotated in a championship team, he shouldn't be on that team if that is the case.

His purpose for going on loan is to get as much game time as possible and if the club feel they have not much need for him then he should be recalled (hoping Arsenal imposed such option in the deal).

From their last cup game I watched it seems clearly that Eddie is by far their best attacker and strange enough they are not playing obvious passes to him while in dangerous position.

I really hope they won't frustrate him while there. He is a very tough fighter that even put defensive shifts from what I have seen so far.

Maybe we are overreacting but let's be realistic here. Eddie is currently watching his mates Willock, Nelson and AMN putting on encouraging performances in Arsenal shirt and will be even more motivated to return home and join after proving his worth on loan.

Anyway, anticipating tomorrow's match.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Can’t be doing with the Bamford love in here, absolute donkey of a player.

If Nketiah can’t get ahead of him this year I’d seriously worry about his career with us, I still think he should have gone to Bristol City.

For Leeds this year it’s basically promotion or bust, he’s going to have to step up and perform.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Just out of curiousity, is this the only gunner on loan who has ever had his own thread?
Not trying to shut it down. I know we are all keen to see him progress.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Just out of curiousity, is this the only gunner on loan who has ever had his own thread?
Not trying to shut it down. I know we are all keen to see him progress.

I remember Ryo had his own thread when he was at Feyenoord. I once called him the Asian CR7 ffs. :rofl:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

If Nketiah can’t get ahead of him this year I’d seriously worry about his career with us, I still think he should have gone to Bristol City.

For Leeds this year it’s basically promotion or bust, he’s going to have to step up and perform.
I'm pretty confident he will get ahead of him. This is just standard Bielsa. I give it a month before Eddie is a regular starter there.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
He should be starting every game. None of this rotation bollocks. I wanted him to have the same sort of season/opportunities Abraham had when he was at Bristol. By the time we get to the January window he’ll probably have only had a handful more starts than if he stayed here and played the Europa League and Carabao Cup games.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member

Bamford is nothing special. I would have been more worried for Eddie's game time if Kemar Roofe was still there. Whenever Roofe was injured and Bamford was leading the line you could clearly see the limitations of the guy. His usual performances are bog standard, with the occasional few games when he looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom