• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
His problem starts from midfield which doesn't create anything. A couple of crosses from Saka is not enough for any forward in the world, let alone 20y old rookie.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
No complaints from me today. He was non-existent in the first half, that’s true. But in the second half he was much more involved, made some good runs and really began to stretch the West Ham defence.

Just as he started getting more joy, we took him off.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Looked like he was having a hard time holding it up against West Hams CBs. Think Arteta really needs to rethink the CF role a bit but that's something to think about for next season.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Looked like he was having a hard time holding it up against West Hams CBs. Think Arteta really needs to rethink the CF role a bit but that's something to think about for next season.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Rate him but he’s not the answer in this setup. Basically no creation on the left with Auba there and Pepe doesn’t even know what Pepe’s going to do when he has it.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Rate him but he’s not the answer in this setup. Basically no creation on the left with Auba there and Pepe doesn’t even know what Pepe’s going to do when he has it.
They've gotta try Nelson-Auba-Pepe at some point IMO. Seems more balanced. Only question mark is fitting in Martinelli because he hasn't done much wrong to not feature. Also Saka might still get a crack at LW but not for now I reckon.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

They've gotta try Nelson-Auba-Pepe at some point IMO. Seems more balanced. Only question mark is fitting in Martinelli because he hasn't done much wrong to not feature. Also Saka might still get a crack at LW but not for now I reckon.

Some people thought it was stupid to sell Iwobi and loan Mkhi at the same time. At that time I said it was a risk, but we have many great talents to give each a chance so it was not a great risk, but possibly great reward in many ways. One part of it showing that Arsenal always gives chances to true talents.

Now that we have seen especially Saka & Martinelli perform well, I think no one questions this decision. And even still we have ESR performing on loan now and Nelson trying to get his game running.

Very good dilemma to have. Nketiah can stirr Laca towards better performances and each can start when on-form. I think he needs some muscle and experience from top level introduced gradually.

I like him, has very much thrive to succeed, it is obvious. Trying too much at times maybe.

Last edited:

Make

Player:Ødegaard
Nketiah was so bad today. He's not prepared to play as starter. I'd like to see Pepe- Auba- Saka (if we have someone to play as LB).

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I don't think he's the type of striker to lead the line on his own at the moment. Struggles to hold the ball and doesn't make enough runs off the ball.

He may be a good finisher but you ned more than that. Might work in a 4-4-2 but no-one seems to play 4-4-2 these days.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I like Eddie, but Aubameyang offer everything Eddie does at CF, but to a much higher and more consistent level.

On this race for 4th/5th we can't be relying on Eddie as cf. He'll get his chances in due course.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I don't think he's the type of striker to lead the line on his own at the moment. Struggles to hold the ball and doesn't make enough runs off the ball.

He may be a good finisher but you ned more than that. Might work in a 4-4-2 but no-one seems to play 4-4-2 these days.
I guess you didn't notice his frustration when he makes runs. Our midfield never passes to him. It would be interesting to see some stats of how many passes our CF receive from midfield, not only him but all of our CF's.
Forward passing is a massive issue for us, I think even RVP made some comments about it.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I guess you didn't notice his frustration when he makes runs. Our midfield never passes to him. It would be interesting to see some stats of how many passes our CF receive from midfield, not only him but all of our CF's.
Forward passing is a massive issue for us, I think even RVP made some comments about it.
It would be interesting to see stats but I didn't see him make many runs yesterday. He has to keep trying. There was a noticeable improvement when Laca came on, he was looking for the ball more and holding it much better.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I like Nketiah and Arteta is doing the right thing in playing him, its the only way he will find out what to do for next season ie keep Nketiah here or loan out. I would say, persuade Auba to stay and play him as CF, sell Laca, and play Martinelli & Nketiah as subs and cup games. These two young players have a great future at Arsenal.

With Tierney as LB next season we would have several front 3 possibilities.

LW: Saka, Martinelli, Auba, Nelson
CF: Auba, Nketiah, Martinelli
RW: Pepe, Nelson

nick gould

I suspect this boy has good mentality and right attitude. That should explain why Arteta has been playing him as a starter. But, I am wondering, isn't Martinel a better centre forward with a higher ceiling? We also have Jone-Jules who seems to be a more rounded player with a good height coming through. He won't score as many goals but, he will sell more shirts, quite handsome.

There is also Balogun. Of course I could be looking at him with my arsenal tinted glasses; the boy looks very good. That balance, short back lift, composure, neat dribbling. When I see him I see Aguero. We just have to make sure at least 2 of them become world class here at Arsenal.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Nice to see he's staking his claim for the CF position

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If Auba is still starting on the left it‘a got to be Eddie through the middle against City.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Should look good in 3/4 years when he's at Lokamotive FC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom