• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Funny that we were talking about his passing - it is his pass that helps us score the winner today. Saka did incredible work to get the move going but Nketiah also showed his capacity to play crucial passes in an attacking move - something that I've been told repeatedly that he can't do because he's "just a poacher"! :lol:
That pass had a ridiculous high level of difficulty and he nailed it.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
That pass had a ridiculous high level of difficulty and he nailed it.
I thought you were talking about passes like this. This is truely ridiculous. Him and iniesta are just mind blowing.
00:03-00:10 or
01:09-01:16 or
01:37-01:43

That nketiah pass is not bad. But ridiculous high level? Are you joking?
No one was in the way, it was not in a crowded area, the area of the space is very clear.

It’s not like you make a pin point through pass that cut through the whole defence out of nowhere. Which you can’t even spot the space from a bird eye view before he execute the pass.

Last edited:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I'd expect any player from league 2 - PL to make the pass Eddie did tbh, nothing special. Obviously not taking anything away from him, he was the right place and made the right decision.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I'd expect any player from league 2 - PL to make the pass Eddie did tbh, nothing special. Obviously not taking anything away from him, he was the right place and made the right decision.
That’s a fair comment. I think it’s about making the right decision more than the pass itself. The pass is not bad too. But definitely not a ridiculously great one.

Seems like they are easily satisfied with this standard. No wonder why there’s a lot of Özil fans here claiming that Özil great.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

That’s a fair comment. I think it’s about making the right decision more than the pass itself. The pass is not bad too. But definitely not a ridiculous great one.

Seems like they are easily satisfied with this standard. No wonder why there’s a lot of Özil fans here claiming that Özil great.

Yeah I agree, it's a good pass nothing more, thankfully he did it. I do like Eddie though, more now than I did before.

razörist

I thought you were talking about passes like this. This is truely ridiculous. Him and iniesta are just mind blowing.
00:03-00:10 or
01:09-01:16 or
01:37-01:43

That nketiah pass is not bad. But ridiculous high level? Are you joking?
No one was in the way, it was not in a crowded area, the area of the space is very clear.

It’s not like you make a pin point through pass that cut through the whole defence out of nowhere. Which you can’t even spot the space from a bird eye view before he execute the pass.
Firstly love the video, I think we have a guy like that in the PL next season, Ziyech, sadly playing for Chelsea.

Secondly I would ask you to look at the 1-2 vs sheffield again and try to envision yourself standing where Nketiah stood. It looks like there is a lot of space from the camera view point when there really was not. He passes it between the southampton players using the laces part of his foot, giving it a slight curve and a lot of pace. Often you see players in that position mess up that pass because of the way the execute it, with the side of the foot, flat on the floor, which the defender can intercept. It looks easy but it is not. I was impressed.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
That pass might be on the easier end, harder end, at the end of the day it doesn't matter so much so long as he's able to pull them off consistently. That's what sets the great players apart from the decent ones.

That pass is definitely on the easier end. Pepe was in acres of space with no opposition player blocking the obvious passing lane, also the distance was fairly short between Nketiah and Pepe.

But like you said that doesn't matter, if Nketiah can keep making those kind of passes consistently on a regular bassis, the team will benefit enormously from it.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
That pass might be on the easier end, harder end, at the end of the day it doesn't matter so much so long as he's able to pull them off consistently. That's what sets the great players apart from the decent ones.
For me, it's moreso the assumption that he couldn't play that pass that made it something I had to point out. The assumption that he's this limited poacher who can only score goals, which I've vehemently denied at every opportunity because it's false.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
For me, it's moreso the assumption that he couldn't play that pass that made it something I had to point out. The assumption that he's this limited poacher who can only score goals, which I've vehemently denied at every opportunity because it's false.
I haven't seen many limitations in Eddie yet. Looks to possess a pretty well rounded striker skillset. Clever movement, clinical finishing, linkup, pressing, defensive workrate, he looks quite fast as well.

His decision making needs some work but that comes with youth. It's not worse than some of our more experienced players have displayed.

AM is quick to **** on our players (not saying thats happening with Eddie - haven't read all comments). If Saka went through a bad patch I'm sure his thread would make for grim reading.

Halcyon Daze

He’s growing on me. More his attitude, almost fearless. He plays like he doesn’t give a f.ck. The top end quality? Reserving judgement, but watching with interest.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think next season will be better for him this season was always learning curve for him i like his attitude he never stopped running

razörist

I want to reserve my judgement on Eddie until I see him with a fresh trim.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Nobody going to bump this? He didn't get a goal but thought his hold up play vs big strong defenders was damn good today. Showed some excellent chest control while under pressure.
A lot of the reasons why we looked so secure is because Nketiah's pressing stopped a lot of attacks from building up from the source. He brought people into play and showed some excellent ball-carrying aswell. He honestly deserved to score.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Nobody going to bump this? He didn't get a goal but thought his hold up play vs big strong defenders was damn good today. Showed some excellent chest control while under pressure.

Yeah, thought this was one of his best games. Especially in the first half he dropped deep to be an option for passing out from the back and help us get the ball forward, his closing down was brilliant all throughout and he had a thankless task up against the Wolves back 3. Another day his volley would've been a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom