• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEconomist

Established Member
Eddie is the kind of second tier player our rivals sell for good profit to fund their first team signings. Players like him are an important part of the ecosystem so let's not lose sight of that. He did screw up and cost us 2 points today which is disappointing but it isn't that first or last time we've thrown points away.

On another note it's testament to Arteta that some of us felt hopeful about even getting a CL place. That we won't isn't Eddie's fault. You can blame Emery for that

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Jesus, there are so many children on here. Kid's a young striker who was unlucky to be sent off (until last year those kind of challenges required force to be red cards in the EPL - and he wasn't helped by the VAR tossers only showing the ref the camera angle that made it look worst. Indeed the time they took made up the refs mind - we've all seen multiple challenges like that against Arsenal, no booking, no bloody VAR- rant over), but he's been prolific at every level prior to this one, and frequently gets into goalscoring positions, so lets give him at least a season of senior football before we totally right him off for the rest of his career. He's goal to game ratio is better than Shearer at the same age, and hes scored more than Andy Cole had at the same age and at a higher level.

Lets wait and see.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He made a mistake that some of you have been scratching to criticise him for. He will learn, maybe he’s not Arsenal quality, maybe he is but he’s clearly an asset to the club and we should be supporting him. He’s given us another option to the staleness in Lacazette and his work rate is incredible. He’s won us many more points than dropped.
Rant over, I would like to see Balogun get a chance on the bench. Lacazette won’t do anything for us

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

:lol: The meltdown

Absolute no chance he will make it at arsenal, but he’s become our best CF for the time being. Speaks volumes of our options but more power to him!
Yeah I agree, nothing to do with the red card but chances of him making it here are slim to none.

There’s nothing wrong with that though. Most of the current crop of young players won’t make it here, that’s just how the game goes.

That’s why Man United’s class of 92 are worshipped. It just doesn’t happen often.

Last edited:

RunTheTrap

Yeah I agree, nothing to do with the red card but chances of him making it here are slim to none.

There’s nothing wrong with that though. Most of the current crop of young players won’t make it here that’s just how the game goes.

That’s why Man United’s class of 92 are worshipped. It just doesn’t happen often.
I think even the most ardent Hale End shill know not every talent we have will make it at Arsenal. At the very best maybe one or two will be starters and the rest will be squaddies or sold. We know this. My problem is, it’s very harsh and reductive to write off a young player after 6 months of first team football. But I go on the Xhaka page or Lacazette page. And people will write that they deserve more chances. Please remember this is Nketiah’s 6th month playing men’s football at all. So he’s going to learn very quickly on how to sink or swim at this level.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think even the most ardent Hale End shill know not every talent we have will make it at Arsenal. At the very best maybe one or two will be starters and the rest will be squaddies or sold. We know this. My problem is, it’s very harsh and reductive to write off a young player after 6 months of first team football. But I go on the Xhaka page or Lacazette page. And people will write that they deserve more chances. Please remember this is Nketiah’s 6th month playing men’s football at all. So he’s going to learn very quickly on how to sink or swim at this level.
I agree but the top clubs tend to chuck you in there, see if you sink or swim and then move you on/loan you out very quickly.

Saka and Iwobi should be the standard, I believe in giving others like Willock and Nelson more time but I don’t fault others for wanting them out as they could make a strong case that we can’t afford to carry them.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
So we have now devolved to the extent of harshly criticising and being angry toward a 21 year old player who got sent off by accident.

I dont get why a red card is bringing out so much negativity and "oh, hes never gonna make it here". If you truly believe it then fine but when it comes out after a red card it just sounds stupid tbh.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Agree. 2 things:

1. Most of these guys won't even make an appearance at 1st team level. Even some of the good ones don't (Look at Balogun ffs). Smith and Coyle have been training fervently with the first team since the restart - they're both very talented kids. There's also a strong chance that neither ever come off the bench for us and do anything in an Arsenal shirt. It's a big shame especially as someone that wants to see more Hale Enders in the team, but that's a pretty likely scenario. That's not really the problem here for me- see no. 2:

2. My problem is specifically with the consensus on Nketiah. I disagree very strongly with the view that Eddie Nketiah specifically is a write-off - he's very far from that, and MUCH better than given credit. He has performed well and scored goals for Arsenal already despite the fact that he's only just now getting sustain appearances in an Arsenal shirt. I've said for a long time he's the most underrated player in the squad and the immediate heel turn is proof of that. He has proven people wrong at every step of his development and I'm backing him to continue doing that. What I'm not gonna have though, is people using an innocuous red card as an excuse :lol:. That's pathetic and stupid.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade

There’s nothing wrong with that though. Most of the current crop of young players won’t make it here, that’s just how the game goes.

I don't know why certain people are so hell bent on not accepting this. Red card was his mistake sure but it’s obviously not the only reason people are writing him off. As if in their minds just because he's from hale end he has to make it even if it’s detrimental to the team because of his limited ability....weird fanboyism

Last edited:

RunTheTrap

Agree. 2 things:

1. Most of these guys won't even make an appearance at 1st team level. Even some of the good ones don't (Look at Balogun ffs). Smith and Coyle have been training fervently with the first team since the restart - they're both very talented kids. There's also a strong chance that neither ever come off the bench for us and do anything in an Arsenal shirt. It's a big shame especially as someone that wants to see more Hale Enders in the team, but that's a pretty likely scenario. That's not really the problem here for me- see no. 2:

2. My problem is specifically with the consensus on Nketiah. I disagree very strongly with the view that Eddie Nketiah specifically is a write-off - he's very far from that, and MUCH better than given credit. He has performed well and scored goals for Arsenal already despite the fact that he's only just now getting sustain appearances in an Arsenal shirt. I've said for a long time he's the most underrated player in the squad and the immediate heel turn is proof of that. He has proven people wrong at every step of his development and I'm backing him to continue doing that. What I'm not gonna have though, is people using an innocuous red card as an excuse :lol:. That's pathetic and stupid.
I get what you're saying. I'm of Ghanaian descent like Nketiah, so I'm extra vigilant when people come for my boy. I think an underrated feeling is seeing a player you have always defended and appreciated become a fan favourite after so much vitriol has been thrown their way. It's not even the feeling of being right, it's seeing someone you have put a lot of stock into get appreciated by everyone else.

I first signed up to this forum (under another name) in the 11/12 season. Honestly that summer of losing both Cesc and Nasri and the 8-2 drilling made me want to quit football altogether. It was really rough being an Arsenal fan then. Then Ramsey came back from his loan and EVERYONE hated him. It was like he was the face of everything wrong at Arsenal. "He can't play football", "he has no first touch", "he can't dribble", "we are going backwards as a club" etc etc. I don't know why but i became very protective over Ramsey, I just thought he was a kid trying his hardest replacing arguably the best creative midfielder of Premier League history. So I used to argue with a lot of people on this website (it was my summer holidays so I had a lot of spare time) and it makes me laugh when I read some comments on the young guys because it almost feels like I'm in deja vu. I literally read a comment on Willock that could have been said about Ramsey all those years ago. And as the years went on, Ramsey improved and now there are posts about how Ramsey should have been captain or that Ramsey is better than Özil. It's interesting to how some people can make such definitive statements on players. I think player development is such an intriguing aspect to me. You never know what you're going to get.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
The OTTness some of you show is down right embarassing.

Sure, you don't rate Eddie, but it's like you lot are just frothing at the mouth waiting on him and Nelson to do something like this.

Not saying they'll make it, but they are useful players to have. This is the second manager (well, third if you count Wenger) that has placed faith in him and other players around him, maybe some of you should to?

At the very least, like @Beksl says, it'll drive his value up and we can get another 35 million from Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom