• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Lacazette isn't that good either and yet it didn't stop fans from singing praises of him.....

Adds much more to this team than Nketiah. The verdict is clear, try to keep Laca and sell Nketiah. We have Martinelli a much bigger talent and already a better player that will take over in a couple of seasons.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Adds much more to this team than Nketiah. The verdict is clear, try to keep Laca and sell Nketiah. We have Martinelli a much bigger talent and already a better player that will take over in a couple of seasons.
This is probably the worst time to sell players, especially ones that can have bigger value in the future.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Appeal failed, 3 matches out it is.
Not surprised the appeal failed, it was a straight red. His foot was high and he came in at speed.

Probably no intention, he was clearly going for where the ball once was. It's a learning curve for the lad, he let his manager down and may have cost us the game, but he's young and just made a mistake. Simples.

scytheavatar

Established Member

How much can we get from selling Nketiah? We need to sell Laca because we need money, and Laca is the most sellable assert we have. Selling Nketiah does absolutely nothing to improve our squad, so I don't see the point of it. While Laca is vastly overpaid for what that is a player that will never rise above the level of Giroud.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
How much can we get from selling Nketiah? We need to sell Laca because we need money, and Laca is the most sellable assert we have. Selling Nketiah does absolutely nothing to improve our squad, so I don't see the point of it. While Laca is vastly overpaid for what that is a player that will never rise above the level of Giroud.

The profit I see is in the fact Martinelli, who is a much better player already, will get more chances. Obviously I don't mind him staying as you need a good press from time to time. What I mind is people thinking we can sell Laca and bank on Nketiah to produce while at the same time expecting to get back to top4 and try to challenge for thophies. It won't happen.

scytheavatar

Established Member
The profit I see is in the fact Martinelli, who is a much better player already, will get more chances. Obviously I don't mind him staying as you need a good press from time to time. What I mind is people thinking we can sell Laca and bank on Nketiah to produce while at the same time expecting to get back to top4 and try to challenge for thophies. It won't happen.

Arteta is playing Nketiah because we don't need a "good press from time to time", we need one always. If we sell Nketiah in the summer we will need to buy a striker who has the same profile and abilities as Nketiah. Martinelli's main competition isn't Nketiah, it's Auba. If Arteta sees Martinelli as a striker why did you think he is unwilling to play Auba centrally?

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Arteta is playing Nketiah because we don't need a "good press from time to time", we need one always. If we sell Nketiah in the summer we will need to buy a striker who has the same profile and abilities as Nketiah. Martinelli's main competition isn't Nketiah, it's Auba. If Arteta sees Martinelli as a striker why did you think he is unwilling to play Auba centrally?

You can't develop and play regulary two young players in your forward line if you're an aspiring club. Something must give otherwise we have to concede we're in a full rebuilding mode and a midtable club for the forseeable future because the rest of the team can't carry the load.

We don't know how Arteta sees Martinelli, he barely played under him.

scytheavatar

Established Member
You can't develop and play regulary two young players in your forward line if you're an aspiring club. Something must give otherwise we have to concede we're in a full rebuilding mode and a midtable club for the forseeable future because the rest of the team can't carry the load.

We don't know how Arteta sees Martinelli, he barely played under him.

Arteta barely playing Martinelli can only mean he doesn't rate Martinelli highly or think that he fits the goals of Artetaball. All signs are that Arteta doesn't want a striker who can score goals, he wants a striker who can run a lot and set up our wingers to score goals. Just look at how Arteta plays Lacazette.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Arteta barely playing Martinelli can only mean he doesn't rate Martinelli highly or think that he fits the goals of Artetaball. All signs are that Arteta doesn't want a striker who can score goals, he wants a striker who can run a lot and set up our wingers to score goals. Just look at how Arteta plays Lacazette.

It means Martinelli was struggling with injuries.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
People don't have to rate him or think he'll make it here but while he is getting minutes, you have to give him a fair crack. It's taken a while but he's slowing winning me over. You have to keep an open mind. Seems to me people are so narrow minded that players they don't like can't do anything right. It's a stupid attitude.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Appeal was always gonna fail but I’m hoping/guessing we used it to call out refereeing inconsistencies and harsh treatment in general towards us.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Can someone explain to me why our appeal get's rejected, while when Son breaks Andre Gomes' ankle with an intentional challenge, his card gets rescinded? Is it because he started crying?
Easy really, one plays for Arsenal & the other plays for Brexit spuds. & oh yeah because the spuds guy shed some crocodile tears after breaking another man's ankle that could've ruined his career

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Anyone trying to make definitive conclusions about Nketiah or how Arteta sees Martinelli from the last 10 games needs to realise that without context immediate observations are meaningless.

We're talking in the context of what's better for the team, keep Laca or bank on the notion Nketiah is good enough to carry the load as some are trying to argue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom