• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
We're talking in the context of what's better for the team, keep Laca or bank on the notion Nketiah is good enough to carry the load as some are trying to argue.
And in this discussion you are repeatedly definitively stating a 21 year old will never be good enough and should be sold, when his goals to minutes ratio is better than Shearer and Cole at the same age.

Firstly, surely we should give him more than a handful of appearances given that he's done Ok so far before making judgement, and secondly, it makes no sense to sell a guy now who, even if he doesn't improve, will increase in value with more games next year, which will happen regardless of Lacazette being preferred or not.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Our problem's not with Eddie, a young lad showing some promise but not yet ready. He's not costing a lot to keep him for another year to see if he blossoms.

It's handling the two senior players Auba and Laca, one out of contract and the other out of form that could define next season.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Glad he won’t be playing next few games, massive silver lining.

He’s a willing runner but that’s about it. Nothing outstanding to his game and should not be starting for us, and certainly not ahead of Auba or Laca centrally.

Arteta going for his favourite has cost us big time.

I'd definitely pick him over Lacazette, at least he has athleticism and isn't sweating & out of breath after ever sprint.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
And in this discussion you are repeatedly definitively stating a 21 year old will never be good enough and should be sold, when his goals to minutes ratio is better than Shearer and Cole at the same age.

Firstly, surely we should give him more than a handful of appearances given that he's done Ok so far before making judgement, and secondly, it makes no sense to sell a guy now who, even if he doesn't improve, will increase in value with more games next year, which will happen regardless of Lacazette being preferred or not.

Never said he'll never be good enough I'm debating his current ability which seems to be focusing around pressing and running with non existent link up play.

It does make sense selling Nketiah if it means we sort out the futures of Laca and Auba, far better players that add much more to the team. The guy will fetch a pretty penny.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Never said he'll never be good enough I'm debating his current ability which seems to be focusing around pressing and running with non existent link up play.

It does make sense selling Nketiah if it means we sort out the futures of Laca and Auba, far better players that add much more to the team. The guy will fetch a pretty penny.

Then why sell him? He's on cheap wages, his transfer value is going to be low at the moment, and unlike Laca & Auba he's likely to improve and increase in value. Nketiah has no impact on the futures of those two.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Then why sell him? He's on cheap wages, his transfer value is going to be low at the moment, and unlike Laca & Auba he's likely to improve and increase in value. Nketiah has no impact on the futures of those two.

Becasu I was giving my opinion on the original topic of this discussion where some posters were alluding to sell Laca because we have Nketiah. I'd much rather sell Nketiah because I believe Laca brings a lot more to the table and I want us to be competitive as soon as possible.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I would definitely keep Nketiah.

It’s Lacazette we should be considering selling maybe. I’d keep him myself but form, age and our need for cash for potential new targets - there are a few positives from a Lacazette transfer.

Eddie, let’s just see what happens - he’s kinda working and you can put him in and out of the team as the manager sees fit without too much hassle...loads of upside - kind of a no brainer.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Clear red card and a big let down, costed us points.

He's an OKish player, I like his pressing game but he's not even close to Laca in terms of overall quality. If we're serious about challenging for top4 and trophies we should try to do everything to keep Laca and sell Nketiah while his stocks are high. Martinelli is a bigger talent and already a better player than him.

He's definitely been out performing Lacazette since he replaced him, Lacazette is the one player we need to get rid of asap. He's a complete liability.

I can't believe people are so harsh on our young players but give the experienced bums so many chances.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
I didn't realise we packed up being a football club and converted into being a real estate company. Not talking about just Nketiah here, but the way people talk about giving chances to players not ready or persisting with subpar players because their value will increase you'd tink we are talking about a piece of land.

He's got 2 goals in 11 league apps and even though he deserves credit for making it happen one of them was still a total fluke that probably won't happen again. At some point he needs to show more than just a bit of pace and work rate. There are plenty of pint sized Welbeck's that are only good for running about and putting a shift in out there.

Think he suffered the most today positional wise, but even then it was amazing watching him tower over Villa defense that involved Mings and almost getting that header goal! So close! It must start clicking for him soon!

Our best striker 100%.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Think he suffered the most today positional wise, but even then it was amazing watching him tower over Villa defense that involved Mings and almost getting that header goal! So close! It must start clicking for him soon!

Our best striker 100%.

c6da8a3317d9a2924472957cae72acd46ca4f33ea49181ea269fd94de10d99dc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom