• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: Better than R9?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Kid is so ****ing good @MutableEarth earth can;t type quick enough to relay the info. Making for the best bit of reading on here in a while.
I was about to turn off the stream when he scored his 4th :lol:.

It was only Faroe Islands TBF and England had a really strong U19 team out there. Nelson and Sancho were playing and destroying everyone on the dribble, as was Joe Willock who showed that he's actually a very good passer of the ball and he has this excellent ability to make tactical fouls without getting booked. Strangely enough, it wasn't even their strongest team - Mason Mount and Marcus Edwards were on the bench among others, and they were U19 Euro winners this year.

Nketiah really does have the ability to score no matter what level he is at though. That will always stand him in good stead. He's gotta play CF though - He hasn't scored for the U23s for a short while playing on the wing, Akpom has been the U23 CF this season.

South London seems to have a lot more diversity (especially those of African/Caribbean descent) than the rest of London. Sport is huge and talented footballers are treated with a lot more respect than you'd think (I know examples of guys who have been exempt from gang wars because they're talented) more so in these parts where for some of these kids it's the only way to make it out of the cycle of crime, gangs and prison (blame the system etc).

Or maybe I'm chatting sh*t and it's just the water.
This is somewhat true. Also, partly it's a mentality issue. Like Wenger talked about South Americans being killers on the field because of playing on the street in harsh environment (mentioned Eastern Europeans too), South London has some tough areas to live in, or at least were tough (I grew up in Brixton and Brixton back then is very different to Brixton now :lol:)

A lot of these kids play in cages or on the street, and usually against guys bigger than they are initially, so they develop a strong competitive edge.

When does his contract run out :lol:
Probably end of next season. Him and Nelson will definitely get new deals within the next few months. Joe Willock's already got a new contract.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I was about to turn off the stream when he scored his 4th :lol:.

It was only Faroe Islands TBF and England had a really strong U19 team out there. Nelson and Sancho were playing and destroying everyone on the dribble, as was Joe Willock who showed that he's actually a very good passer of the ball and he has this excellent ability to make tactical fouls without getting booked. Strangely enough, it wasn't even their strongest team - Mason Mount and Marcus Edwards were on the bench among others, and they were U19 Euro winners this year.

Nketiah really does have the ability to score no matter what level he is at though. That will always stand him in good stead. He's gotta play CF though - He hasn't scored for the U23s for a short while playing on the wing, Akpom has been the U23 CF this season.

This is somewhat true. Also, partly it's a mentality issue. Like Wenger talked about South Americans being killers on the field because of playing on the street in harsh environment (mentioned Eastern Europeans too), South London has some tough areas to live in, or at least were tough (I grew up in Brixton and Brixton back then is very different to Brixton now :lol:)

A lot of these kids play in cages or on the street, and usually against guys bigger than they are initially, so they develop a strong competitive edge.

Probably end of next season. Him and Nelson will definitely get new deals within the next few months. Joe Willock's already got a new contract.

Hopefully he's a sensible lad and will sign a new contract with us. Lets hope he doesnt have an agent that sees pound signs.

VancouverCanuck

DBaVH8hXYAA5KOe.jpg:large

:(
Barca DNA?

Reactions: A_G

DasBootist

Hopefully he's a sensible lad and will sign a new contract with us. Lets hope he doesnt have an agent that sees pound signs.
He already knows that the grass ain't greener etc, on account of being let go by Chelsea when he was a nipper, for being too small.

Keplaz

Brixton still has some dangerous corners. Like how Peckham is now trendy. Peckham!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He already knows that the grass ain't greener etc, on account of being let go by Chelsea when he was a nipper, for being too small.

You can never take things for granted, players change, and so do opinions. Having said that, I think he knows he will get more chances under Wenger than he would with most other managers.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If we got our version of Harry Kane who goes on to smash them in against Chelsea every time we play them, I may very well w*nk myself to death.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
5 goals in 2 games for Eng u19, he got a late winner to beat Iceland 2-1. This guy is gonna score at any level, so natural.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Better than Rashford at the same age. I think it is criminal that Wenger still insists on playing Giroud who has been rather useless this season for us, I wish we will just sell Giroud in Jan so that Nketiah can play more.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Nevermind the PL, keep Nketiah for the cup games right. When he has inevitable dip in form he'll get slaughtered like Iwobi and Holding before him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom