• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: Better than R9?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FEH

I dont believe all the hype with Nketiah. I feel he is being overrated as have many of our youngsters since Jack. He can be our young striker for the season and battle with Welbeck but Laca and Auba are still 2 levels above.

I said in the match thread he will be sold in 2 years (before he scored, the crafty bastard). I would love to be wrong but dont see him displacing who we will have leading our line for the next 3 or so years.

Song Billong

I dont believe all the hype with Nketiah. I feel he is being overrated as have many of our youngsters since Jack. He can be our young striker for the season and battle with Welbeck but Laca and Auba are still 2 levels above.

I said in the match thread he will be sold in 2 years (before he scored, the crafty bastard). I would love to be wrong but dont see him displacing who we will have leading our line for the next 3 or so years.

He doesn't have to replace them, but can become a contributor off the bench and play in certain games

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed

If anything he is underrated- he's barely heard of outside of Arsenal.

He's going to be an elite number 9.

FEH

If anything he is underrated- he's barely heard of outside of Arsenal.

He's going to be an elite number 9.

I mean overrated by our fanbase i.e. it is far too soon to claim he will be elite. Youth player development in recent years doesnt bode well. How many are actual key contributors of even mainstays? Even AMN will do well to hold down a position in our starting lineup at any point in the next few years.

If Nketiah can continue banging on the door and become our #3 striker then fair play as I see far more of a winners mentality in him than the rest of our youngsters who seem to have an "already made it" swagger. But it will be very difficult.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
I mean overrated by our fanbase i.e. it is far too soon to claim he will be elite. Youth player development in recent years doesnt bode well. How many are actual key contributors of even mainstays? Even AMN will do well to hold down a position in our starting lineup at any point in the next few years.

If Nketiah can continue banging on the door and become our #3 striker then fair play as I see far more of a winners mentality in him than the rest of our youngsters who seem to have an "already made it" swagger. But it will be very difficult.

Nketiah is different for me. You can just tell he has the attributes that bodes well for strikers, out and out goal scorers are rare to find.

Glad mods toned it a little down in the title.

Of course not better than Ronaldo yet.

But easily better than Messi.

To people who don't believe he can make it here only time will tell but it is very easy to be a fan of Nketiah. He has adjusted to every level he has been called upon. Being best player in u-18 two season ago, being one of best player in u-23 last season, being called up to senior team and impress instantly with two goals in league cup, being called up to u-21 and being one of the best player in their attack this summer.

He may not be as natural gifted as the likes of Nelson but he is a character and has come this far on his grit. He is one of the best goal scorer the under age level at Arsenal has seen but he has also show he is capable to play on the flanks, he has improved his hold up play a lot. For last season since Nelson confidence has gone down he has been our best bet on academy product to make it here!

So it is easy for people to get excited and maybe get a carried away a little. But saying he can't make it here is a extreme in the other direction in this debate.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

To people who don't believe he can make it here only time will tell but it is very easy to be a fan of Nketiah. He has adjusted to every level he has been called upon. Being best player in u-18 two season ago, being one of best player in u-23 last season, being called up to senior team and impress instantly with two goals in league cup, being called up to u-21 and being one of the best player in their attack this summer.

He may not be as natural gifted as the likes of Nelson but he is a character and has come this far on his grit. He is one of the best goal scorer the under age level at Arsenal has seen but he has also show he is capable to play on the flanks, he has improved his hold up play a lot. For last season since Nelson confidence has gone down he has been our best bet on academy product to make it here!

So it is easy for people to get excited and maybe get a carried away a little. But saying he can't make it here is a extreme in the other direction in this debate.
I don't know why these guys are not given more opportunities?

Akpom, Aneke, Afobe..i had tremendous hopes for them, and they have proved that they can deliver in the Premier League.

I do hope Nketiah remains at AFC for a long time and becomes an important player for us, but hard to see that happening with out track record.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I don't know why these guys are not given more opportunities?

Akpom, Aneke, Afobe..i had tremendous hopes for them, and they have proved that they can deliver in the Premier League.

I do hope Nketiah remains at AFC for a long time and becomes an important player for us, but hard to see that happening with out track record.

How have Akpom, Aneke and Afobe proved they can deliver in the Premier League?

Aneke has never appeared in the Premier League. Akpom made 5 sub appearances and has never scored in the Premier League. Afobe has a more respectable 95 Premier League appearances and scored 14 goals but was 4th choice at Bournemouth and recently binned off by Wolves on promotion.

Pretty clear to see why none of them were given more opportunities, they were nowhere near good enough. I don't see this as a 'track record' and think we give more opportunities to players than City, United and Chelsea and are at least on par with Liverpool and Sp**s. If Nketiah is good enough he will get his chances I'm sure.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How have Akpom, Aneke and Afobe proved they can deliver in the Premier League?

Aneke has never appeared in the Premier League. Akpom made 5 sub appearances and has never scored in the Premier League. Afobe has a more respectable 95 Premier League appearances and scored 14 goals but was 4th choice at Bournemouth and recently binned off by Wolves on promotion.

Pretty clear to see why none of them were given more opportunities, they were nowhere near good enough. I don't see this as a 'track record' and think we give more opportunities to players than City, United and Chelsea and are at least on par with Liverpool and Sp**s. If Nketiah is good enough he will get his chances I'm sure.
Aneke barely played, I think it was two games? He is sparkling everywhere he played. Needed more chances imo.

Afobe too would have been a very useful player for us, and I am sure would have scored more for us. Should have been kept and given more game time.

Afobe and Aneke were big stars at reserve level, and never got a chance.

Toral was another who looked great.

By track record, I mean that we give too few opportunities to our youngsters unless they are insanely hyped. Very haphazard in our promotion procedures.

Meanwhile, Welbeck continues to plod his way in our first team (no offense to him).

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

I agree that he is very talented, but maybe not as much as some others we have coming through, yet he seems to want it much much more and hence currently is two steps ahead of most.
Kinda reminds me of CR7, both very talented as without it you could not reach the top, yet not elite talent but made up by hard work and pure will power.

Think he will make it here and become a great striker.

SpookyDukey

i think people are more angry that previous academy products hadn’t been given a real chance in the first team as opposed to having not been good enough. When we spend years developing a talent it seems sad to bin them off before actually trying them out. I pray Eddie will be different and will get some serious game time (without his path being blocked should he not instantly produce the goods). In my opinion we need to show more faith in the kids and hope under Unai we will. Other clubs seem to have a lot more productivity coming via their academies in terms of players becoming fully fledged premiership players albeit with their inital club or once sold on. Hoping we start adding mandatory buy back clauses too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom