• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: Better than R9?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
New mangers at a top club with a 2 year contract break can’t bank on youth players, let’s be honest.

Emery is in a tough spot, but one that could maybe see us lose some youngsters because he’ll sign a few players this summer I think.

New mangers at a top club with a 2 year contract break can’t bank on youth players, let’s be honest.

Emery is in a tough spot, but one that could maybe see us lose some youngsters because he’ll sign a few players this summer I think.

We are not top club anymore. We can't back up the manager with money but we can back him up with time. We need to tell him he has time to develop our youngsters!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

That’s the board’s fault, they should see how short sighted it is to make qualifying for the CL everything.

The reset button needed to be hit years ago, now we’re just papering over the cracks. Signing mid level journeymen every summer because they can maybe scrape you fourth place will hurt the club in the long run.

GDeep™

League is very weak
That’s the board’s fault, they should see how short sighted it is to make qualifying for the CL everything.

The reset button needed to be hit years ago, now we’re just papering over the cracks. Signing mid level journeymen every summer because they can maybe scrape you fourth place will hurt the club in the long run.
The board has been cocking up for years. Some of us looked beyond the manager because we saw the real problem, it’s the same now.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He was unlucky with the appointment of Emery. If Emery stays I hope he goes somewhere else with a reasonable buy back clause.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Last night he was the only spark in a pile of grey Arsenal ashes. Why has he not had more minutes? I have generally praised Emery but not with the way he has handled Nketiah. We have had Laca & Auba at times playing poorly, sometimes both at the same time, and a Laca suspension yet Nketiah still didn't get a look in. That's poor from the Emery.

teamsoutheast

Last night he was the only spark in a pile of grey Arsenal ashes. Why has he not had more minutes? I have generally praised Emery but not with the way he has handled Nketiah. We have had Laca & Auba at times playing poorly, sometimes both at the same time, and a Laca suspension yet Nketiah still didn't get a look in. That's poor from the Emery.
I rate him highly but I don't think he is ready yet physically. He's a great finisher and dribbles well for a central striker but can he hold his own against a physical team and physical defenders? I don't think so yet.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I rate him highly but I don't think he is ready yet physically. He's a great finisher and dribbles well for a central striker but can he hold his own against a physical team and physical defenders? I don't think so yet.

He may not look physical but last night he muscled his way past 2 players, the commentator even said "Nketiah using his strength". I agree he's not ready to start but surely he deserved minutes in PL & EL.

teamsoutheast

He may not look physical but last night he muscled his way past 2 players, the commentator even said "Nketiah using his strength". I agree he's not ready to start but surely he deserved minutes in PL & EL.
But can he do that consistently, week in, week out. I have absolutely no problem with playing the likes of Nketiah and Amaechi/Saka etc but our fan base are way too toxic and impatient to allow them time to develop properly. You are not gonna get the consistency expected with players under 23 which we have seen this season with Guendouzi/Iwobi but we must be patient with them.

darkgunner

He's yet to fill out but not a weakling, he knows how to fight for the ball and protect it. These youngsters have been playing football in England their whole life or most of it, they know what the culture is like here in regards to the game.

They're mentally prepared for the hackjobs and the lumps that will be sent their way when they are on the ball, they know how to skill them up and humiliate them, in fact they probably love doing that ****, they orgasm over that **** because it gives them material for their compilations on youtube.

They're naturally adapted for physical play in the premier league unlike guys like Guendouzi who look surprised and call the ref everytime they are brought down by a stray tackle, or Elneny and Mustafi who still do not seem to understand the flow of the game and give up in situations before the whistle is even blown.

scytheavatar

Established Member
But can he do that consistently, week in, week out. I have absolutely no problem with playing the likes of Nketiah and Amaechi/Saka etc but our fan base are way too toxic and impatient to allow them time to develop properly. You are not gonna get the consistency expected with players under 23 which we have seen this season with Guendouzi/Iwobi but we must be patient with them.

Can Laca do it week in week out? Heck Auba has been pretty poor for much of this year.

teamsoutheast

Don't get me wrong, I'm a massive fan of Nketiah and many of our youth prospects. I just don't think he is quite there yet physically. Next season should be his year if he bulks up a bit along with Willock.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
it's not either loan him or start him week in week out. There is some gray in between.
definitely needs to stay and be considered for our 18 man squad every week, not once in a month.

footbsll changed, big time. you dee that at every up and coming teams, and the ones at top.

game is quicker, everyone needs to be able to make a difference with the ball, with pace and trickery, agility and energy.
think our most talented youngsters have very good base, just need more games, more trust, should be asked more questions and let them react to it. let them push themselves. one of 5 of them will have a good period, it will help the next one then...

fans will appreciate it more and give us more healthy support also.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu

I wonder if we saw a new approach this summer - Guendouzi Leno and Torreira are all long-term buys, Sokratis not so much but he has been our best defender this season to be fair.

Hopefully we target more of these younger players and avoid the likes of Nzonzi and Banega

Don't get me wrong, I'm a massive fan of Nketiah and many of our youth prospects. I just don't think he is quite there yet physically. Next season should be his year if he bulks up a bit along with Willock.

It is a valid point mate! I'm not asking for Nketiah to play week in and week out but would be happy if he manage his first PL start this season! I also think he should have got more minutes from the bench. Hopefully we see him get some game time until the rest of the season!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Hess fine physically. Strength not an issue for Nketiah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom