• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: Better than R9?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
But can he do that consistently, week in, week out. I have absolutely no problem with playing the likes of Nketiah and Amaechi/Saka etc but our fan base are way too toxic and impatient to allow them time to develop properly. You are not gonna get the consistency expected with players under 23 which we have seen this season with Guendouzi/Iwobi but we must be patient with them.

I said give him some minutes, not start him week in week out. There are other young players we should have given more time to, Medley showed he could handle it if required in the EL when he came on, he should have been played when our defence were all injured and we were left with Mustafi to save us! Guendouzi on the other hand has been over played. Iwobi has no excuses, he was ready to step up and if anything he's gone backwards.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Hess fine physically. Strength not an issue for Nketiah.

Yeah I find it a bit odd that physicality is what is being picked on. He has actually filled out and I don't think I have seen him get knocked off the ball and look weak. He is quite close to Lacazette back to goal. Maybe slightly better. What I like most is his movement though. He is so agile. I feel like Auba and Laca move in straight lines and can turn every now and then but Nketiah can leave you for dead with a body feint. He beat a man with agility and strength vs Wolves to square it to Laca. Eddie and Laca would be an interesting combination.

Also has one hell of a spring on him. If Sokratis missed that headed Eddie was putting it in.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yeah I find it a bit odd that physicality is what is being picked on. He has actually filled out and I don't think I have seen him get knocked off the ball and look weak. He is quite close to Lacazette back to goal. Maybe slightly better. What I like most is his movement though. He is so agile. I feel like Auba and Laca move in straight lines and can turn every now and then but Nketiah can leave you for dead with a body feint. He beat a man with agility and strength vs Wolves to square it to Laca. Eddie and Laca would be an interesting combination.

Also has one hell of a spring on him. If Sokratis missed that headed Eddie was putting it in.
I've been saying since last season, Nketiah is a lot more physical than his size suggests. He's a powerful runner, and strong for his frame. His all-round game (dribbling, link-up, movement etc) has become very strong. But his mentality is what links all these things together - he's not afraid and looks to try and dominate defenders bigger than him. He'll be a nuisance for any defense he comes up against. I'm in no doubt that if he's given more opportunities, not only will his performances continue to improve, but he'll also score a sh*tload.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This game is too important to fcuk around with, but I do hope to see him play more than 20 minutes

JuanCarlosValeron

This game is too important to fcuk around with, but I do hope to see him play more than 20 minutes

I dont know how you define ****ing around. Is it picking the team that has taken 22 points out of 51 on the road ( 5 against the top 10) Or trying something different? If Unai puts out the same names, my tele is going to go up in flames.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I dont know how you define ****ing around. Is it picking the team that has taken 22 points out of 51 on the road ( 5 against the top 10) Or trying something different? If Unai puts out the same names, my tele is going to go up in flames.
He barely plays Özil in away games, FFS.

I'd understand why he didn't pick Eddie v/s Leicester. Leicester was a trickier game than Everton if they had anything to play for.

JuanCarlosValeron

I am not sure I understand what you mean. We were beaten comfortably at Goodison. We have assembled 5 points away against the top 10, three of which were against Watford, where we were incredibly fortunate. I cant bear to have to watch another lacklustre "performance" from Iwobi or the armenian accountant. He might not be Messi, but I would love to see a bit of Eddie.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I am not sure I understand what you mean. We were beaten comfortably at Goodison. We have assembled 5 points away against the top 10, three of which were against Watford, where we were incredibly fortunate. I cant bear to have to watch another lacklustre "performance" from Iwobi or the armenian accountant. He might not be Messi, but I would love to see a bit of Eddie.
our season is on the line here.

I'd be gobsmacked if I see any kids on the pitch in any games, unless we are somehow mathematically assured of CL before the last match.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

First Prem goal in the bag :)

Great way to finish the season for him! Left footed strike also. Now Emery gave game time for the youth even when we could have finished 6th behind United, and that was even probable! Says something.

Nketiah has great potential in many ways, very skillful from what little I have seen. Luckily he has Auba & Laca to learn from, hard to picture a better scenario.

drippin

We must see him more next season, the ball is now in your court, Unai.

He might get the Welbeck spot now, possibly with goal-scoring winger as back-up.

I was really surprised with his lineup today, when we could have finished 6th easily. So he plays youth when there isn't everything at stake.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

He might get the Welbeck spot now, maybe with goal-scoring winger as back-up. I was really surprised with his lineup today, when we could have finished 6th easily. So he plays youth when there isn't everything at stake.
Shocking isn't it?

In our bad run in, that squad was crying for a Willock or Nketiah to inject some youth and desire instead of a **** house like El Nenny.

drippin

Shocking isn't it?

In our bad run in, that squad was crying for a Willock or Nketiah to inject some youth and desire instead of a **** house like El Nenny.

Yeah but you can ruin youths confidence if they make mistakes or get bullied by EPL seniors. It's totally understandable to play experienced players, I think even Wenger was somewhat careful if not player like Fabregas for example.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Makes you wonder whether he could have contributed at vital points when our regulars were looking lost

Sometimes a bit of youthful vigour is what you need.
I remember a youngster from ManUre back in the day when I was into them... Think his name was Macheda.

Anyway, they already had tevez, rooney and the like, but ol' red nose sent on Macheda and he scored 3 or 4 goals in two three games. Very important goals and won two games. @Juan Matas Beard would know where he ended up but those few games were his crowning glory.

Sometimes you just need to trust your own guys. They may not be the superstars but they live for the club. They will never half ass their efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom