• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: Better than R9?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Macheda was played because they had severe injury crisis. He scored a brilliant goal and the media, who all loved Ferguson, were rapturous about his new "discovery". He was then loaned out to exotic places like Doncaster and is now at Panathinaikos.

Average player. But the point is that even an average player can score an important goal and be a better option than a crocked or out-of-form senior player at times. I am certain Nketiah would have evolved as a player and scored some goals if he'd been given some minutes and I am almost certain this would have given us the two meagre points we needed to qualify for the CL.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Makes you wonder whether he could have contributed at vital points when our regulars were looking lost

Sometimes a bit of youthful vigour is what you need.
Maybe not much, but he would be better prepared for next season.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

There are many reasons why experienced managers won't play under 20 year old players in top leagues easily. Especially in managers first season, when trying for top 4. He played Guendouzi many many times still, because he was up to it in training etc.

And Emery played Mavropanos, Willock and Nketiah in the last game of the season in which we could have lost 5th place easily to United. They played Cardiff at home who already relegated.

What-ifs and hindsight is always so lovely to see. We're all surely experts at it!

drippin

Made up for Nketiah. I'm so happy he scored today - he deserved a goal, and so much more overall. Should have gotten so many more opportunities this season. This hopefully is the first of very many in the PL.

I also think he could have been up to it. But also understand Emery's decision. I'm sure he will play a lot more next season!

And with what-ifs you can also speculate this lack of playing time and scoring in the last minute of last game will give him a boost to show next season, hehe.

drippin

Made up for Nketiah. I'm so happy he scored today - he deserved a goal, and so much more overall. Should have gotten so many more opportunities this season. This hopefully is the first of very many in the PL.

Do you think he can fill in as a winger at all? I can see the potential for even that if needed. I know you know Arsenal youth players best in this forum.

Btw, only "MutableEarth" I know of means "Virgo", heh.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Well be interesting to see what will happen to him next season having tow elite strikers with him in training helps. I hope he be our 3rd striker option next season

drippin

Well be interesting to see what will happen to him next season having tow elite strikers with him in training helps. I hope he be our 3rd striker option next season

I think he will, but needing maybe some other option along him (goal-scoring winger if possible). Seems surprisingly mature and good, even if small sample for me.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Do you think he can fill in as a winger at all? I can see the potential for even that if needed. I know you know Arsenal youth players best in this forum.

Btw, only "MutableEarth" I know of means "Virgo", heh.
Yeah. I'm a Virgo :lol:. I read people's natal charts long ago, that's why I chose the username.

I think Nketiah has the acceleration and dribbling skill to play wide definitely. Has done well there before.

drippin

Yeah. I'm a Virgo :lol:. I read people's natal charts long ago, that's why I chose the username.

I think Nketiah has the acceleration and dribbling skill to play wide definitely. Has done well there before.

I'm studying astrology too. Virgo Sun & Mercury. :)

Good to hear, I was thinking he has those attributes. Seems fast and technical like you say.

Surely Emery will play him more next season, or maybe loan him. But I think he could have a role here.

We can't buy more strikers, and I'm not sure do we have the money yet to buy a goal-scoring winger. They are expensive and many position players needed. But we need to buy some fast and technical winger for sure.

Nelson & Nketiah could both be backup for winger & striker positions. Having two youths as backup could be more safe than one (we can't know if they're up to the job yet). The biggest risk is that they won't get to play enough though.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Keep him as back up for Auba and Laca for next season. He can move up a place in the pecking order now Welbeck is gone.

Ironically getting a champions league place is vital for the club to progress (extra money, attracting players etc.) But for his personal progress it's probably better we stay in the Europa league as then he will definitely get loads of minutes in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom