Eddie Nketiah: Better than R9?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Trilly, Oct 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mraven

Mraven Well-Known Member

Let's be honest. Lacazette is nothing special. If Eddie is physically strong enough to challenge PL defenders this year, I don't see why he couldn't compete for the CF position.

North5, LG10, Tourbillion and 3 others like this.
  2. m-due

m-due Well-Known Member

RIP Sule. Eddie definitely need more chances than he was afforded last year otherwise send him on loan.

THunter likes this.
  3. Football Manager

Football Manager Broken Record

00:14-00:18 is more impressive than the videos you have posted.

If you want to prove that he is a great player, you should show 00:14-00:18, and nketiah should do more of that.

The tap-in and your clips means very little, the one I posed (00:14-00:18) above shows how good he can be.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    Maybe and m-due like this.
  4. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

This kids making me a believer.

5. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

He is OK playing against top players so I have no worries about seeing him against Newcastle :)

6. Iceman10

Iceman10 Well-Known Member

If we feel a player is close to the level we require I find it hard to accept that if we loan out the player they have to go the Championship to get required minutes. I get the risk of that player ending up on the bench but we just need to identify a club in a top league (ideally PL) where he would be at least in the top 2 of the roster for his position(s) and make him prove himself there. If the player can't prove himself there to be played regularly, unless the manager at the loan club was just terrible, it would be more on the player just not being good enough for Arsenal. We need to take some risk, both for the player, and for us.

Jury, SingmeasongSong and Geofranco like this.
  7. 9jagooner

9jagooner Well-Known Member

Starting from your last point, no-one knows who will make it at Arsenal or not. I for one thought Chuba had a higher chance than Iwobi but see what happened? So when people say xyz won't make it at Arsenal, I just brush it off.

Also, I'm totally against giving players first team games simply because they are from our academy. Especially in games we need to win. Years ago when the Carling cup was still the milk cup, we could afford to play our youth team and still win. These days the "small" teams play their first team in the competition and Man City's third team is almost as good as many first teams.

On Willock, I still think he'll have a chance this season even if we bring a midfielder in. He's the only one of the young gunners that I can expect to have game time if they don't go on loan.
    It's almost certain Elneny and Torreira won't start the season given their extended holidays and I think the former will be sold anyways. Willock will start our early game(s) and that'll be his opportunity to impress. I think he can play alongside Xhaka till Torreira is available and then play alongside Torreira if he proves himself.
    Eddie needs a loan move. Unfortunately for loans, you don't choose where to go. Clubs have to show interest and if he's good enough, he shouldn't have a challenge with that.

say yes and Football Manager like this.
  8. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

Better than Ronaldo?

U know it

9. Football Manager

Nketiah should learn from Martinelli

I’m not saying he is incapable, but he should do more of this.

krackpot likes this.
  10. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

Nketiah first goal: https://streamja.com/Rawz

Nketiah's second: https://streamja.com/KOm7

Nketiah is a different player, though. Perhaps he never needed to do it.

Artisan likes this.
  11. Football Manager

The first goal, credit to him knowing there’s space on the right, so he drag the ball there and shoot. But it isn’t that hard to pull off. Anyone can score the second goal to be honest.

12. Football Manager

Nketiah is great at 1:28-1:36 and 2:18-2:26

He does it more often now than when he was in youth level, so I’m glad that he is improving. But he need some consistency on this, he need to be able to do this every match.

He needs to learn these sick skills, beautiful one-twos and through passes.

Can anyone send Nketiah this clip so he can practice some step over or even elastico? Modern striker can’t just be quick and have good finishing. They need to get involve in the build up play and be good at it.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  13. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

Maybe, but if you look at the buildup, he was being marked by two defenders, shrugged one off, and then he takes up an nice position.

14. ASIF

ASIF Active Member

This boy looks a special talent.No loans for Eddie we need him this season.I would start him in all Carling cup and Europa league matches.Its up to him to force himself in the 1st team.

RacingPhoton likes this.
  15. Iceman10

Iceman10 Well-Known Member

Emery - My plans for Nketiah this season
    https://www.arsenal.com/news/emery-my-plans-nketiah-season

Taurus, ASIF and Football Manager like this.
  16. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

That's a bit unfair. RVP was a unique talent and he shouldn't be set as an example for young players.

Football Manager likes this.
  17. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

Give it a rest for once with the ****ing “skills” bullshit.

18. THunter

THunter NOT In A Caravan Trusted

He’s a clown.

19. THunter

THunter NOT In A Caravan Trusted

Would prefer him to go out on loan and play 30-40 games next season. It would be far better for his development than staying here and getting a couple of starts and sub appearances.

20. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Childish as ****. Lives in FIFA land.

Artisan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.