<

Eddie Nketiah: Dial 30 For Goals

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Marjorie, Aug 18, 2020.

1. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

He makes great runs, but our sideways, sideways midfielders rarely pick them out. I rate him.

krackpot likes this.
  2. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry & Miserable

Letting his supporters down a bit.

3. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Still u21 player, and very good one going by his records for England and uArsenal teams. Lets see how he develop in next two years.

krackpot and Santi's Left Foot like this.
  4. Football Manager

Football Manager Copy & Paste Merchant

Then he should stop making those runs, drop deeper and help us to progress the ball up the pitch.

5. Rasmi

Rasmi Well-Known Member

he is not good enough footballer to do that

6. truth_hurts

You want a striker to stop making dangerous runs? Interesting.

Macho and Trilly like this.
  7. Football Manager

Football Manager Copy & Paste Merchant

I’m not only talking about their dribbling skills, but how they drop deep to receive the ball, contributing in the build up, making passes to help with keeping possession, creating overload to progress our play up the pitch.

For example, this player is much more talented. He will become a much better player than nketiah. Nketiah can only be a top class poacher at best.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  8. truth_hurts

Bar Mbappe, they are all strikers from the last generation. I don't disagree with you as all are of the highest order. Comparing any young striker bar Mbappe to these players is unfair.

I disagree with Mbappe' inclusion as he usually plays wide and his game is about exploiting space either with his incredible dribbling or explosive pace.

Do you think Leicester should sack Vardy or Dortmund Haaland? There is more than one type of striker.

Our problem is still our midfield. I don't Eduard fixes this issue.

Macho likes this.
  9. truth_hurts

I've never heard of Amine Gourock to be honest. Maybe he will be class.

I don't disagree with you that Nketiah has a limited skillet, but a speedy, poacher, who is calm in front of goal can be an asset. He's scored at every level he's played at and the manager seems to believe in him.

10. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Pretty blatantly obvious that can't have a poacher in a team that creates **** all.

Maybe likes this.
  11. truth_hurts

So are you suggesting that Auba and Nketiah are the problems or our creativity issues are?

12. amigo

amigo Member

He is the kind of striker who needs to be fed, doesnt create much for himself or others so more likely to be a good plan B when we need a goal and are bursting forward or in the Europa/Carabao squads unless he develops further. Can be dangerous but our midfield need to look out for him more.

13. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Yet Marcus Rashford is nowhere to be seen, thoughts @Juan Matas Beard?

lufere7, amigo, MutableEarth and 2 others like this.
  14. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

The creativity for sure imo

truth_hurts likes this.
  15. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

For another club, yeah.

16. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

Remember AM was calling Bielsa clueless and abused him for starting Bamford ahead of Nketiah?

17. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

Please, don't embarrass yourself here with rating Bamford over Nketiah. Nketiah is without a doubt a better player and has more talent, and that's without saying that he is great or something. We are c**p going forward, and that problem existed before Nketiah, better strikers struggled here

Macho likes this.
  18. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

People keep talking about how limited he is, but our main issue is how limited our main attack is.

Auba, Laca, Pepe are terrible footballers. Laca is not only a terrible footballer but he’s a slob too. Then you have Pepe who plays like a little kid.

It’s hard for me to go after Eddie when we have these losers in our team.

19. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

He's doing what he's supposed to do. The midfielders need to fix up and do their job better.

20. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Eddie would score goals if he played for Aston Villa. Auba would get more chance there too.

So it’s a system and player issue too.